Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blggles

Squad sized Truck Spawning

11 posts in this topic

No action! AOs are dead! Can't set FMS! Need ability to set FMS closer! Yada!

But tankers! But atgs! But aaa! But realism!

Possible significant way to address the above is old idea of the non-funnycar, truck spawn. In the long ago, when MS was merely a topic of discussion yet to be implemented, one possible iteration that found support, particularly from the realism crowd, was the ability to spawn a truckload of men, only a squad's worth or so, from a truck no matter where located, as though they'd traveled with it - quick action, yet comparatively realistic. Circumstance would seem to recommend reconsideration as a compliment to current gameplay.

Benefits:

Quicker action.

Can spawn as close as truck can survive.

Can get resupply of troops to ZOC quick.

Can spawn variety of weapons, not just rifles.

Would not have to wait a minute to spawn from truck.

Realism! Not a clowncar, and vulnerable vehicle must survive advance (emphasizes teamplay) in order to deliver..

Drawbacks:

Germans have 251, unfair advantage (though they were the historical agressors, so...).

Would encourage suicidal trucks.

Almost no drawbacks! Remember, is a compliment, not a replacement, perhaps would have a 'troop transport' designation in the lists. Vehicle could refresh its troops at FMS, FB, Depot, AB.

Would be ideal if troops spawned in sitting and could join in flight, would be fantastic tech to transfer to transport planes.

Ideally would contain something akin to historical squad spawn list; not full of Rambos, whether mg34s or tommyguns.

Seems a reasonable addition that may not solve, but does address, some game concerns with consideration for all points of view.

A nice compliment, and who doesn't like a nice compliment!

Edited by blggles
3 people like this

Thanks for the positive input, check is in the mail.

I was thinking that perhaps it would be a designated troop transport unit, different from normal trucks, sorta for realism's sake. But now that I think of it, allowing a few inf to spawn in with any old truck might help that truck survive setting an FMS, one of the current complaints. 

On 3/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, blggles said:

Germans have 251, unfair advantage

Eh not terribly, 251 not terribly speedy, or quiet.
It is bullet resistant but not satchel or atr or atg etc

It has a slight advantage, but nothing too terrible.
I can just wait for you to stop and then gun down your platoons till, so i dont think i'd yell about it

Anyways, the allies will eventually have some vehicles of similar capability when they can be created
So that will even it self up.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, blggles said:

Ideally would contain something akin to historical squad spawn list; not full of Rambos, whether mg34s or tommyguns.

Maybe something like 1 LMG 2 SMG and 8 rifles of some sort, sort of a generic squad layout

1 person likes this

^^^ Yeah, a lineup like that, and maybe throw in an engie for the PPOs, ya might want to return and have some protection.

I can get behind that idea , it has Sim aspect,  makes a lot more sense then a ML putting down a bunch of boxes and then do magic David Copperfield trick and a platoon spawns.

For now maybe only make it Truck specific and then once Allied get an armored Troop carrier expand it.

But like Merlin said the 251 maybe Armored but still will fall pray to all sorts of stuff.

Hatch had a similar idea, which would help cut down on the #1 problem with your proposal: suicide truck spam. His idea was that you would get infantry to board the truck and when they get off, the truck can deploy as a 1-time FMS for those infantry originally on the truck only. That way you cut down on suicide truck rushes since it no longer some dude in his second account doing banzai charges into town, and gives the players on the truck the chance to respawn once close to the action as well as being able to bring any weapon to the battlefield. I would support Hatch's system, but I would not support your system really for the truck spam reason.

As far as paratroopers, I have to disagree with this system for the reasons above. If this was implemented all you will see is empty Ju52s buzzing around with calls over chat "Para plane over target!!! SPAWN SPAWN SPAWN!" Never mind the fact that the defenders flying in the air shot you down 8 times before, but this time you snuck in and get rewarded by letting dozens of paras jump out.

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

For now maybe only make it Truck specific and then once Allied get an armored Troop carrier expand it.

Only truck, perfectly logical.

2 hours ago, aismov said:

Hatch had a similar idea, which would help cut down on the #1 problem with your proposal: suicide truck spam. His idea was that you would get infantry to board the truck and when they get off, the truck can deploy as a 1-time FMS for those infantry originally on the truck only. That way you cut down on suicide truck rushes since it no longer some dude in his second account doing banzai charges into town, and gives the players on the truck the chance to respawn once close to the action as well as being able to bring any weapon to the battlefield. I would support Hatch's system, but I would not support your system really for the truck spam reason.

As far as paratroopers, I have to disagree with this system for the reasons above. If this was implemented all you will see is empty Ju52s buzzing around with calls over chat "Para plane over target!!! SPAWN SPAWN SPAWN!" Never mind the fact that the defenders flying in the air shot you down 8 times before, but this time you snuck in and get rewarded by letting dozens of paras jump out.

That sounds like a great idea for squads. It would certainly put the damper on mad truck rushes. Might help make the 1200m distant FMS more acceptable.

As for transport planes, a simple requirement to join before planes get within a certain range of the target, and no joining after, might stanch the silliness. Though some would then crash the plane, in order to immediately go get another. Then you have to add more and more rules. I tell you, it can be difficult to properly address the problems in a virtual world. Its too bad, quick action, when and where possible within the game's framework, such as joining in flight, would be good for CRS' bottom line. 

3 hours ago, aismov said:

empty Ju52s buzzing around with calls over chat "Para plane over target!!! SPAWN SPAWN SPAWN!"

I just pictured said para plane flying around, 500m over target

"It's raining men........"

SPLAT

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0