enemytank

Dirty laundry is washed at home

30 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, caydel said:

Just to get back to side channel for a second - I have to assume that it's used differently on Axis and Allied.

On the Allied side, it's the way that side-wise coordination happens. Sure, there's some OT talk, but I've never really noticed it being 'poisonous' the way @XOOM indicated. I'm sure we could do something like replace 'Side' with 'Ops' for team-wide Coordinator, but the OT discussion would follow there as well. In other words, I'm not sure detuning or removing 'Side' would really impact things.

The only thing I can see is moderating OT discussion into a separate channel... but most players would still tune it, as that is the lifeblood of our in-game community.

Most players will still likely detune it, but we'll be resetting the default channel selections to prevent new users from being affected by it.

I'll provide some more clarity on this very shortly so you can understand better. We have another patch not too far out and I'll discuss it there.

On the Axis side (all I can really talk about because it's all I play), a lot of coordination does happen, but every so often you get one of the usual suspects pop in to rant about x y z thing. It can be "spies!", "hackers!", "CRS bias!", anything really.

I've spent many hours in side chat responding to people like that, and long before I had my run as a CRS volunteer. "You're sure you just didn't have a bit of yourself sticking out of a bush?", "There was no stealth patch, that's not how the patcher works, they need server resets for oftentimes basic things. No one nerfed your ammo mysteriously", "Why would CRS willingly antagonize half-or-more of its paying customers by doing the kind of ridiculous nonsense you suggest?", "It's a known bug, not a  cheat, not bias. Check the forums", "Yeah, you're right that that's dumb and needs to be fixed, but don't resort to personal insults to make your point, man."

Sometimes I have had success in talking these people down from having their blood up in frustration at their experience and talk them through it. Sometimes I don't. In either case, it shouldn't really be anyone's responsibility to respond to it in side chat, not even CRS's, but it has to be someone's because unchecked vitriol ruins morale and enjoyment for a playerbase. It polarizes and discourages newbies. It literally kills the game, and the usual suspects seem to treat Side Chat as their "old man store front equipped with rocking chairs" and just whine all day instead of play the game.

Or it used to be; I haven't been active in months due to irl stuff.

The forums, or some kind of sister channel to Help that has to do with issue resolution, bug reports, etc., would be appropriate. Spamming side chat for everyone to see isn't.

Honestly its not all that bad, but it is the same cast of characters repeating the same old tropes over and over again.

Even if it doesn’t relate to side channel, I vote for the OT chat channel idea. With a warning message. That would be fun :)

only for premium players though.

7 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Even if it doesn’t relate to side channel, I vote for the OT chat channel idea. With a warning message. That would be fun :)

only for premium players though.

And maybe it would be better to create a server only for Premium players.

S!

kareca