Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aismov

Can we see de-identified ToE production costs?

3 posts in this topic

We have had a lot of discussions about ToE and balancing spawnlists. What is the current system is that we have historical e try dates to determine when a weapon gets in game, and historic production costs to see how much of it is in the spawn list.

We know that the hard numbers are proprietary and cannot be released.

I propose releasing a de-identified list that normalizes the production value as a ratio of some standard unit we arbitrarily pick and assign a production value of 1.0; this way we could then comment on the system with more educated posts and give more thoughtful opinions when asked for example hard numbers of how to balance the list as was in the prior thread:

EXAMPLE:

A13 is set as an arbitrary standard and given a value of 100.0, then the production costs are compared and ratios are constructed. 

Hypothetically let's say that the PzIIIF along with S-35 is slightly more expensive and the 38t along with H-39 is less expensive. So it would look like:

A13: 100.0

PzIIIF: 115.0

S-35: 120.0

Pz38t: 95.0

H-39: 92.0

And simply go down the list. This way we compare units and it doesn't release any proprietary CRS hard production data. The decimal point can be moved in either direction to increase/decrease sensitivity.

Commendable attempt aismov, but I fear the acolytes of the Gospel of Economical Production Costs will not be swayed. Sadly this is a sacred tome that the unworthy may not read, only the chosen few may read the good book and interpret its message.

S! Ian

PS Its Friday night, I am off to the pub, and if I drink enough I just might be able to drum up the enthusiasm to play! :D 

we know that 1 stug3b = 1 mattie

and 1 axis half track = 2 allied half track

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0