Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krazydog

Garrison Nationality selection and 1.36

9 posts in this topic

I just read the last email by CRS regatrding 1.36 coming soon.  It says that HC will be able to select the garrison’s nationality  (US, BR, FR).

So I was wondering how will that work exactly?

Is there going to be a limit on the movement of national flags from town to town?

I mean for example, being limited to moving a national flag to adjacent town only?  Or are the flag nationalities going to be able to teleport around like Navy flags now?

Also, is  there going to be time limits are changing the nationality of towns?

I ask these questions  because I just do not wish to see a situation where the allies can warp in  british flags with matildas into every frontline town (or behind every frontline town) in T0 that is contested on the map).

So how will this work exactly?

Edited by krazydog

When the hybrid system was first discussed, Xoom said that there would be limits on how much supply one country can have, although I haven't seen any hard numbers regarding allowed ratios since that time.  

And yes, we can change ownership anywhere we please.  That's kind of the whole point of this mechanic.  Splitting the Allies into a British North and French South is not, and was not, good for the game.  

Iirc, it will take 6 hours for a town that changes ownership to build its supply to full (it's basically a 6 hour trickle timer).  I think that number also holds true for any type of ownership change, including town capture, as well as whenever the newly established 2nd line of towns have their garrisons activated.  I believe the Allies will also be allowed to change town ownership immediately after capturing an Axis town.  For example, if the town was captured by British soldiers, AHC will be able to change that ownership to French if they so desire.  

I would assume that nationalities cannot be changed until after that 6 hour timer has elapsed.  

The big takeaway is this:  any time we change town ownership, that is more of a 6 hour liability, not an advantage.  Since you can't overstock across different nationalities, swapping ownership will also get in the way of overstocking.  In fact, it would behoove the Allies to never change town ownership if overstocking becomes the new meta, in which case the Allies will again be burdened with a de facto north-south split.  It's also worthy to note that every map will begin with a north-south split:  everything in Belgium will start British, and everything in France will start French.  

It's more of a pick-your-poison deal.  The Allies can either blend forces in order to provide the playerbase with options as we have done for years with movable supply, or we can stick to a rigid north-south plan and focus on the benefits of overstocking.  We can't have our cake and eat it too unfortunately.

Another key issue I predict is as follows:  Suppose the Allies change Sedan and the towns immediately behind it to British ownership.  Suppose the Axis capture Sedan.  Once the new set of backline towns is activated, they will all be activated as French garrisons (remember how everything in France starts under French ownership?).  So, if the Allied plan is to keep the Sedan area under the control of British forces, they will have to manually change each backline town as the map moves west.  And again, any time they do that they create a 6 hour window where they are not combat ready.  

For the Allies, overstocking comes with inherent, built in restrictions as a result of being made up of multiple countries.  The Axis will have no similar overstocking restrictions whatsoever.  It sure would be nice if you guys had some Italian brigades right about now...

Edited by Capco

If there is a 6 hour trickle-in timer after a town nationality is switched by the allies, then I  guess that will at least deter the allies from changing ownership on frontline towns very often, and it should stop them from changing ownership of one of their towns right after one of their town gets AOd by the Axis.  

I think it will be imporrtant to keep a limit on the total percentage of towns available to each nationality, so one nationality with advantageous equipment can not be favored over another one in each Tier.

Its hard to see all the implications of these changes.  I will probably have more to say on the subject after they get implemented and we see the effect.

Can not change ownership of a town if it’s AO’ed or if it’s linked to an AO. 

16 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Can not change ownership of a town if it’s AO’ed or if it’s linked to an AO. 

Thanks.  that means the backline towns can’t change also once the AO is placed.   I think that is a good idea.

Also, don’t forget EWS usually pops up on a town a few minutes before an AO gets placed.  So there probably should be a time delay of 10 or 15  mins or so for the town ownership change order to be approved and go through so the allies can’t change the ownership of backline towns quickly when they see EWS pop up right before the Axis AO order gets placed.

Edited by krazydog

Thats an AO not a DO.. a Backline town that is linked to a town that has a Defense Order on it can still be changed. 

1703db5f19910ac89007534383973616.png

Good infographic. I agree that backline towns should be able to be flipped at will. I do t think it's a big issue because if a town gets captured and it was French and the backline town is British, the backline town is now frontline but stays British. At least that is my understanding of how the system works.

Another question:  is there anything to prevent the allies from making all the frontline towns British at campaign startup?

13 minutes ago, krazydog said:

Another question:  is there anything to prevent the allies from making all the frontline towns British at campaign startup?

Not hard coded wise in the initial deployment. It is planned. I believe there will be some enforcement at the GM and CM level.. I am unsure what the rules will be or how they will be enforced. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0