choad

Are you enjoying this campaign?

57 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, XOOM said:

That seems to be the case. The hopeful intention at the time of introducing this was to make the fighting much more difficult and bring action closer, to aggregate more people in tighter zones so they could see each other instead of walking around all of Antwerp on foot without seeing a whole lot. 

So does this mean Antwerp will be returned to a single large city? @Merlin51

Enjoying the campaign .... well, specifically, I am enjoying having access to equipment that can deal with the more advanced German tanks. In particular, the Achilles and Firefly (although I have rarely been able to get a Firefly). So, another way of saying this is that i would also enjoy tier 2 (I don't really play very much in Tiers 0 and 1 at all anymore) if it had better equipment available for the Allies, and not just the Germans.

<S>

15 minutes ago, Silky said:

So does this mean Antwerp will be returned to a single large city? @Merlin51

No - at least not in the near term.  Nor the long term. 

1 person likes this

*** Many Allied players believe it was done was to help the Axis cap them over time rather than all at once.

Are you kidding me?

Makes it far harder to take the town in aggregate; not going to give details, but way easier to defend those smaller towns now imo.

*** bring action closer, to aggregate more people in tighter zones so they could see each other instead of walking around all of Antwerp

Exactly, Antwerp fun for that reason, no FBs, no long truck drives - easy to create and maintain action -- what the game needs.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, delems said:

Mostly enjoying, but simply to hard to get battles going.

Antwerp was fun, constant action.

Cap times atrociously bad- and last night something was very wrong with SD; allies had double EWS to both their AOs, attacking hard and we barely hung on, and yet we had SD?

And, I just checked TOE for both USA and British infantry divisions in WWII, neither had tanks...... so why do they get tanks in our game?  Seems some double standards going on here.

Well that's an interesting thing.

About half of all US Army combat power was tied up in speciaized subunits that were to be added to divisions or combat commands as needed for the mission.

So an infantry division might officially be short of armor but not actually fought that way.

Here's an example, 1st Infantry Division, check those attached units-

https://history.army.mil/documents/ETO-OB/1ID-ETO-OB.htm

A big problem for US TD commanders was nominally they were supposed to be under centralized TD command to concentrate as needed, but were often overruled by local infantry commanders that hijacked them to get just a little bit of support, even though of course they were NOT designed for infantry assault work.  So that's how a lot of TDs died, literally ordered into something we pillory 'stupid' players for.

Thing was, Germans would do similar, plus Kampfgruppes (the modern US Task Forces emulates this practice)-

https://www.feldgrau.com/WW2-German-Heer-Unit-Formations-And-Organization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampfgruppe

In addition, German divisions were defined in Waves, which changed, they were ALWAYS fiddling with optimization and every power was dealing with personnel losses they weren't built to handle.

So, any ToE choice, based on history or not, involves subjective decision and judgement.  What formation precisely when are you modeling?

*** that were to be added to divisions

Hence, they were not IN the divisions....  so why are they IN the divisions in our game?

Make some specialized units then... (for both sides maybe?)

Edited by delems

3 minutes ago, delems said:

*** that were to be added to divisions

Hence, they were not IN the divisions....  so why are they IN the divisions in our game?

Because they were 'attached' and while not technically 'in' the Division, from a supply, maintenance, and manning perspective were.  

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, delems said:

Make some specialized units then... (for both sides maybe?)

Why waste developer time with something that can be more efficiently emulated in other ways?  

We could make a billion specialized ground units with very specialized equipment sets within them........ or just add a few of those units to the aggregate division TO&E lists in %'s that approximate historically used. 

That goal was achieved .... twerp was good battle.... lots of actions.... still ninja possibilities.... but lots of heavy fighting

2 people like this

7 hours ago, dre21 said:

Huh?  The US Forces their own set of factories? 

What do you mean by that?

They way I read that it makes no sense, the US had no factories in Europe .

They do not, but no matter what they are, the game has only 1 mechanical name for them RDP Factory
Even if it is a big warehouse, disembarkation, staging, offloading facility, the host will call it Factory, even if the model has no smoke belching factory.

Which is what the US had.
All that stuff they brought into europe on D Day+ was made in USA, but shipped in by the boat load (pun intended)
Same with all the stuff in NA in 42
So US FACTORIES as the game refers to it mechanically, would consist of like large staging complexes, with no factory building.

42 minutes ago, B2K said:

Because they were 'attached' and while not technically 'in' the Division, from a supply, maintenance, and manning perspective were.  

More importantly, operationally they fought under divisional command.

The strategic twins that hold up Allied advances that mirror Antwerp and Brussels is Aachen and Liege.  That would be fair to alter in the same way.

Exactly on US industry- for a convoy battle subgame for the Navy I always saw killing US ships coming into Europe as the way to interdict, not strat bombing.

Don't have that now, but the two port plus internal town to the south would be appropriate.  Should be a different geometry to factory victory then either UK or France.

3 hours ago, delems said:

And, I just checked TOE for both USA and British infantry divisions in WWII, neither had tanks

We could give them this?
http://www.militaryresearch.org/2-28 15Sep43.pdf
http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/docs/FieldManualsWWII/FM 2-30 ( Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron Mechanized ).pdf

Or add these with priests

Infantry Cannon Company, 105-mm Howitzer, Self-Propelled

10 hours ago, B2K said:

So how are we not supposed to see this as ‘we trialled something, we didn’t like the results but we’re just going to live with it’

10 minutes ago, Silky said:

‘we trialled something, we didn’t like the results but we’re just going to live with it’

How many WE's are you speaking for here?

I dont know that we, CRS were unhappy with the results after some tweaks and adjustments for things like AI activity and EWS

I dont even know if we, the Players are unhappy
There is a real problem with tossing the word we, or making the claim that no [insert group here] ever, etc.
The people not in line with the we or insert group here now become non persons because they dont jive with the person who has decided to speak for them
now they no longer count.

If you give away free sex to 100 people, you might get 5 people that just have to say Wow this is great
80 people will happily take the free goodies and enjoy, but they dont really say anything
and 15 people will scream bloody murder that the free sex sucks rocks, get rid of it over and over.

Go and get rid of it and then you will suddenly hear from the 80 asking hey what gives? why did this go away.
But it's gone now.

So we probably are not going to go and do something, that will take a very large amount of time, because there is no tool in god's universe to do it with, none was ever created, that wont even be remotely reversible in any kind of easier fashion that it came into being in the first place, until we can maybe like get the 80 people to speak for them selves, instead of telling them sorry but we spoke for you.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

If you give away free sex to 100 people, you might get 5 people that just have to say Wow this is great
80 people will happily take the free goodies and enjoy, but they dont really say anything
and 15 people will scream bloody murder that the free sex sucks rocks, get rid of it over and over.

Which sector of Antwerp exactly will this free sex be in? 

Image result for antwerp prostitutes

Edited by sorella
5 people like this

14 minutes ago, sorella said:

Which sector of Antwerp exactly will this free sex be in? 

What ever sector you have spawned into.
You already knew that right?

3 people like this

it's very safe to say WE axis have serious reservations about the new ToE.

in-game axis have been [censored]ing about it since introduction. not the usual side bias crowds either, the regulars are annoyed by it as well.

try a exclusive axis survey, it'll be far different than the 40% for, 40% against survey

Edited by major0noob

Honestly I'm not enjoying it that much.  I can only speak to what I see in game, but my squad has lost more than a few players (whether it be to go play Allied this campaign, letting their subs lapse, or just logging out and not playing any more).  I have heard from more than one player that it feels more like work to play right now, and that's probably not the goal.  I know CRS wants what is best for the game and I do have faith they will "get it right" so to speak, but its really rough.  Seconding what @major0noob is saying, it isn't coming from the usual crowd either, I'm seeing it from quite a few vets

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, dwalin said:

Honestly I'm not enjoying it that much.  I can only speak to what I see in game, but my squad has lost more than a few players (whether it be to go play Allied this campaign, letting their subs lapse, or just logging out and not playing any more).  I have heard from more than one player that it feels more like work to play right now, and that's probably not the goal.  I know CRS wants what is best for the game and I do have faith they will "get it right" so to speak, but its really rough.  Seconding what @major0noob is saying, it isn't coming from the usual crowd either, I'm seeing it from quite a few vets

Sadly the truth. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, B2K said:

Well that sucks.  

I like it , before everyone would [censored] that the equipment they like anit here yet . Now its all available its lots of fun . Except for the Bomber guys who like reducing rdp .

On 10/03/2019 at 0:00 PM, dre21 said:

Huh?  The US Forces their own set of factories? 

What do you mean by that?

They way I read that it makes no sense, the US had no factories in Europe .

Now back to topic,  if I would be an Armor DLC customer I would feel cheated , in all aspects of the game my opinion.  Unless the DLC upgrades as the tiers progress which I don't think they do.

but it is probably within the CRS reality concept..

S!

Ah, not so much. The Rambo LMG didn't get changed really sucks rocks. Should be changed by now (years).

Also the $7.99 didn't get me all that it said it would. The U.S. troops says you get both 25mm AT/AA guns. But I have been only able to get one or the other.

And yes I have reported this but no response.

The fact that we have as of yet gotten all in U.S. troops is pretty bad. Been a long time and it should be available by now.