Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Need to fix Antwerp S.

15 posts in this topic

Ok, the Antwerp S Central CP is terribly placed.

It needs to swap with the Antwerp C CITY CP.

And 2nd, Lier CP link (and CP) should be in Antwerp S, not Central.

Edited by delems

1 minute ago, delems said:

I disagree.  Lier should be in Central.  Otherwise Central only has 1 non-Antwerp link (Schilde).  

Antwerp South should probably be named Antwerp South West.  

Of course you disagree, protect your AF.

But it is wrong, look at map.... anyone can see Lier is SE, and should link to S.

Go try running a MS from Lier to Antwerp C...... Ya, makes no sense.

Edited by delems

8 hours ago, delems said:

Lier has no road into S antwerp
Supply line runs from lier up the road into the center.

8 hours ago, delems said:

Ok, the Antwerp S Central CP is terribly placed.

It needs to swap with the Antwerp C CITY CP.

Your fighting inner city, imagine the lines are somewhat blurred

I think broken down into 1/3rd's is anemic at best. If anything they should be cut in 1/2 or just should have been left alone, which the latter is what my opinion really is.

Just my 2 pence

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, blkfalcon said:

I think broken down into 1/3rd's is anemic at best. If anything they should be cut in 1/2 or just should have been left alone, which the latter is what my opinion really is.

Just my 2 pence

After having dealt with all the random hiccups associated with these 2 towns, it seems that they have created more problems than they solved.  

I too would prefer a return to the original layout.  

Is that something easily done @Merlin51?  Do you have the old setup "saved" somewhere, in such a way that it would be easy to re-implement?  

1 person likes this

*** Your fighting inner city, imagine the lines are somewhat blurred

No, they are not that blurred, South Central CP is completely surrounded by Center facilities... that is not a blurred line, that is cut off.

It makes no sense to have a CP spawning in Center from S, which is completely surrounded by Center facilities.

Absolutely need to swap that South C CP and Centers CITY CP.  Then there would be a 'line'.

As for the split towns, I kinda didn't like them at first, but if we can fix their links and facilities a bit more, I think it provides a very different fighting feel and sort of enjoy them now.

3 hours ago, Capco said:

After having dealt with all the random hiccups associated with these 2 towns, it seems that they have created more problems than they solved.  

Is that something easily done @Merlin51?  Do you have the old setup "saved" somewhere, in such a way that it would be easy to re-implement?  

What Capco said.. 

1 person likes this

From what i understood about Antwerp and Brux, it was to be a "test", well, think the test is over and 95% preferred it  in its original layout?

1 person likes this

I dont mind it so much, except for the DD spam at the S AB in S twerp.  They need to remove the deepwater port from Antwerp, because it gets ridiculous there fast. 

I am indifferent on the breaking up of Antwerp and Brussels TBH. I like it in some respects actually. But, if it got switched back to the way it was, i wouldn't cry about it either.

Antwerp South-Central depot is poorly placed though. If Central Antwerp is AO'd ... and the defending side owns South Antwerp, that depot is problematic b/c it is a spwn point surrounded by facilities that belong to Central Antwerp. Essentially a spawn point which is impossible to get rid of.

Other that that .. they probably shouldve split one town on each side to do the test .... just to be a little more even handed. Lux and Antwerp would've made most sense.

Edited by choad

Best part about the split towns, is it is easy to create action and have fights.

No FBs to worry about, no long drives; instant action -what this game needs, more action... less waiting.

That is all the more reason the split towns have to be thought about a bit, to ensure they provide varied and interesting battles.

Not areas like that South Central CP, which makes no sense there.

Need more rubble in the big towns (can every bldg be rubbled now?), maybe park areas.  Antwerp provided hours of action yesterday.

On March 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM, Capco said:

Since I only play Axis and see Antwerp from my side, why do you prefer the old layout of one big town? I would think that it's a moling nightmare to defend abd sucks away a ton of defenders to keep in check. This way you do t have to really ever worry about the entire S part of Antwerp until the rest of the city falls.

I for one love the split town. cept for that one  sourounded cp.    it give a true feel of door to door fighting with opposing spawns close to each other. teh sence of adrenilin rush is better then anywere else on map.

2 parts  may be beter, but atm 3 parts definalty better then one.   drkmouse

I like that cp in its location , got 41 kills from that cp this map in one sortie  :) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0