Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Strange death

knapp

I had a strange death today. I was blacking out while trying to stay on the six of an ea and suddenly the icon on the lower left turned to the skull and cross bones. At that point I blacked out.  I was no where near an enemy town, there was no other ea around. After exiting the the game I was MIA and no one or thing was credited with a kill.  Action starts at 1:26 in the video below. 

Edited by knapp

That's really odd.  Any time I've killed my pilot from blacking or redding out (negative G filling up the head with blood), you always see your Blood Meter drop (I can't remember if it's gradual or all at once).  And I think it always turns into a KIA on despawn. 

I've never seen this before.  

Definitely an oddity.. Seeing you drop frames (the glitch in video) just before it going to skull. I don't recall ever running into it but will keep an eye out on it. 

• Registered Users

I'm just guessing but the lag spike at that instant makes me think the game maybe thought you collided... I saw tracers go past after but no idea if there were other ea in that fight...Saw the ML on the mini map so maybe his tracers.

As to those lag stutters, might what to check that nothing is updateing or running that uses a lot of cpu.

All in all that is a mystery. 

2 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

I saw tracers go past after but no idea if there were other ea in that fight...Saw the ML on the mini map so maybe his tracers.

I believe the tracers you're seeing are contrails from the hawk's hard turn. It's pretty hard to see so I could be wrong. Mission leader was 1 km over the fight with overwatch and didn't see other EA and dropped in and killed the hawk after my death.  

• Registered Users

Yep looking again it was the bells wingtip vortex