delems

Remove all FBs.

34 posts in this topic

FBs simply make action too hard in this game; way to much waiting for FBs to be busted and no country fighting.

Instead, remove them all.

Then make a PPOFB that can be placed no closer than half way to a town.

That way attacks can be made at anytime by just setting a PPOFB to get closer;  also- enemy can set their PPOFB to your town !   so both towns can be attacked at same time.

And huge country battles then.

Finally, need to make clearing, setting and waiting for an AO after placing to be no more than 2 min; simply too much waiting and not enough action -and too hard to start action.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

downtime is definitely a momentum killer...... unfortunately the player base has evolved into 2 types of players..... those that drive MS's, and those that sit at the map and wait for ms's to go up.

3 people like this

Let the ( I don know who) place the FB where ever they see fit, within a certain set of rules.

If that was the OPs suggestion, extremely good idea!

The defenders need to find the FB before any countermeasures cab be taken, like it!

3 people like this

*** If that was the OPs suggestion, extremely good idea!

Yes, along with you don't even need the FB, that just puts you closer - can drive MS in from town to town.

Also, never need to blow a FB to start an attack - the PPOFBs would not block any attacking.

So, both sides could place PPOFB (or just run MS) to each others towns and AO them each.

FBs would cease to be a hindrance.

I enjoy battles at FB's quite a bit .... when one comes together. I can see maybe as a first step towards what u are saying .... make it so ownership of the fb does not dictate whether the connecting depot is spawnable or not. Losing an fb doesnt  remove all missions created from it. Would probably have to accomplish this through some sort of checkbox mechanism on spawn screen like we have for mobile spawns. 

Edited by choad

Fb fights today were awesome better then the town brawls which were good as well

6 hours ago, delems said:

FBs simply make action too hard in this game; way to much waiting for FBs to be busted and no country fighting.

Instead, remove them all.

That way attacks can be made at anytime by just setting a PPOFB to get closer;  also- enemy can set their PPOFB to your town !   so both towns can be attacked at same time.

And huge country battles then.

Finally, need to make clearing, setting and waiting for an AO after placing to be no more than 2 min; simply too much waiting and not enough action -and too hard to start action.

What is a PPOFB? And if both can set, then would we see PPOFB to PPOFB battles? Can tanks spawn in at a PPOFB? if not this is the worse idea I have ever heard, but if they can, I am listening........

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, delems said:

you may want to break out a ruler, some towns are a long way apart

2 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

What is a PPOFB? And if both can set, then would we see PPOFB to PPOFB battles? Can tanks spawn in at a PPOFB? if not this is the worse idea I have ever heard, but if they can, I am listening........

PPO FB
FB assembled by players out of special PPO objects

1 person likes this

So if a spawn point can be "built" at an arbitrary location, why doesn't the strat map have only points of production, resource and transportation value on it, with all movement and spawning from a player-created mesh of spawn points?

35 minutes ago, jwilly said:

So if a spawn point can be "built" at an arbitrary location, why doesn't the strat map have only points of production, resource and transportation value on it, with all movement and spawning from a player-created mesh of spawn points?

because when the game was created a PPO did not even exist, let alone one that could be used to spawn even a butter knife.

You still do need static locations though, that you have some guarantee something  will be there and hold your supply system in place, and give you a guaranteed place
you can begin from, or fall back to if things go the worst out in the field and what not.

43 minutes ago, jwilly said:

How is it arbitrary to build something, yet not to have it pre-built? If anything player made FB's make more sense now, static FB's are a thing of the past.

I am (and have been) an advocate for PPOFBs.  I believe they would add to the variability of battles and campaigns, as well as dragging battles away from the CQB-festivals the city battles require.  It would improve the level of 'fog of war', as enemy troops wouldn't know where the PPOFBs were located until someone found them.

In a 1.36 world, town garrisons would then be supplemented by (in my perfect world) Regimental-sized PPOFBs.  Placed no closer than 3 or 4 K away from an objective town, they would have to be protected by players, as they could still be destroyed (or suppressed) by the enemy, thus drawing some of the battles away from the cities.  As to whether FMS would even be desirable to maintain at that point, would have to be decided upon after play-testing, I would imagine.  As to whether or not cities could then lessen the number of capturable flags would also, at that time, be something to explore, as PPOFBs might allow for tactical victory conditions to be based on destruction of Regiments involved, rather than CPs.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, augetout said:

As to whether or not cities could then lessen the number of capturable flags would also, at that time, be something to explore,

I would probably not do that.
At some point you will find that either by enemy action, or lack of friendly action, you find your fb situation in a shambles
and have to fall back to something to regroup or defend yourselves.

Or you are a non FB unit type, Air, Navy, and now you dont have any way to spread your risk so to speak.
You can technically take out any town in between two to four caps, depending on number of AB's in it

1 AB town, cap one depot (and hold it of course) then plow the AB and the brigade/garrison is out the door
and the best you have is what ever remains of the supply linked depots spawn pool, but at least those are still options.
Imagine if it was simply over at that point, no hope of recovery for the defender, and poof fight over for the attacker.

Plus, if you thing about it, it would devalue most of the town as far as bothering to use most of it to fight, might make things a bit to linear?
Who is going to go over and start fighting amongst and in the buildings at the ball bearing factory if there isn't anything there to capture.

Remember antwerp main RR station (before someone ruined the model)
Remember all the fights in and under that place?
who would fight there, if there was no reason to go to it?
Yea i know some people would just for the cool factor, but it would be hard to encourage many to follow you when there is no strategic value to it.

The more captureable things there are in a town (with in reason of course) the more reason for people to be moving all over the town
which means more chances to have engagements that are not in a bee line from A to B
at least that is my thoughts anyways.

Plus there is always that alamo thing
last men standing, trying to hold up at the ball bearing factory, praying help arrives from the rear in time
Some times it does, and some times it does not, but at least you can try.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I would probably not do that.
At some point you will find that either by enemy action, or lack of friendly action, you find your fb situation in a shambles
and have to fall back to something to regroup or defend yourselves.

Or you are a non FB unit type, Air, Navy, and now you dont have any way to spread your risk so to speak.
You can technically take out any town in between two to four caps, depending on number of AB's in it

1 AB town, cap one depot (and hold it of course) then plow the AB and the brigade/garrison is out the door
and the best you have is what ever remains of the supply linked depots spawn pool, but at least those are still options.
Imagine if it was simply over at that point, no hope of recovery for the defender, and poof fight over for the attacker.

Plus, if you thing about it, it would devalue most of the town as far as bothering to use most of it to fight, might make things a bit to linear?
Who is going to go over and start fighting amongst and in the buildings at the ball bearing factory if there isn't anything there to capture.

Remember antwerp main RR station (before someone ruined the model)
Remember all the fights in and under that place?
who would fight there, if there was no reason to go to it?
Yea i know some people would just for the cool factor, but it would be hard to encourage many to follow you when there is no strategic value to it.

The more captureable things there are in a town (with in reason of course) the more reason for people to be moving all over the town
which means more chances to have engagements that are not in a bee line from A to B
at least that is my thoughts anyways.

Plus there is always that alamo thing
last men standing, trying to hold up at the ball bearing factory, praying help arrives from the rear in time
Some times it does, and some times it does not, but at least you can try.

Geez Merlin, I'm an advocate for PPOFBs.  lessening the number of CPs was just a throw in to explore, which I guess is not necessary. ;)

S!

I really like the idea of this. Opens up a lot more of the map instead of just around towns for skirmishes whether infantry or Armoured. Adds a lot of potential. 

Map grinding to a halt, no FBs (and 3 AOs).........  if we had PPO FBs then any town could always be AOd.

Even if didn't place PPO FB, could still run MS the long way and AO any town.  More action that way.

Or, even surprise para drops.

And cut all AO place and clear times; max 60 seconds.

Edited by delems

On 3/11/2019 at 10:18 AM, augetout said:

Geez Merlin, I'm an advocate for PPOFBs.  lessening the number of CPs was just a throw in to explore, which I guess is not necessary. ;)

S!

If i could PPO FB's, i'd probably never leave the country side, i'd be out trying to locate and blockade enemy FB's, or like setting up bridge control bases when it is one of those areas where you simply have to use the bridge to get someplace to go on attack.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

If i could PPO FB's, i'd probably never leave the country side, i'd be out trying to locate and blockade enemy FB's, or like setting up bridge control bases when it is one of those areas where you simply have to use the bridge to get someplace to go on attack.

I think that might be a good thing. ;)

S!

On 3/10/2019 at 7:49 PM, Jsilec said:

Fb fights today were awesome better then the town brawls which were good as well

That's because all the "Freeloaders" came out of the wood work to play the special event that included all the toys..........once the event is over it will be status quo again 1-2 AO's and less population.  Hopefully the "freeloaders" realize we are better off with them than without them.

Edited by bmw
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

+10 / PPO FBs would be a wonderful thing.  check out piska250's thread (here in this forum) for a thought-starter on that, what it and other larger ppos could look like and how it could be built. 

And FBs still killing action :(

Must figure out a way around this issue - hard enough to get action going - then have your FB busted :(

This happens too often. Also the wait time between AOs. I think it's been dealt with with the introduction of the two AO minimum. I also agree any AO placing or switching related timers should be reduced or removed. There are enough timers already. 

Edited by dpetraeus

Heard the game being summed up like this yesterday...

----The game has devolved to a couple people on each side sitting at map clicking every forward base up and down the line, typing ".own".

That is a sad state of affairs.

Either remove all FBs, or disable the '.own' command for FBs.

Want to know if a FB is being hit? ..... spawn in and defend it.  No more sitting at map and clicking.