• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
delems

Remove all FBs.

34 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, delems said:

Heard the game being summed up like this yesterday...

----The game has devolved to a couple people on each side sitting at map clicking every forward base up and down the line, typing ".own".

That is a sad state of affairs.

Either remove all FBs, or disable the '.own' command for FBs.

Want to know if a FB is being hit? ..... spawn in and defend it.  No more sitting at map and clicking.

1. get rid of all fbs 
2. or allow ews on fbs just like on towns and AWS, which is sort of what .own is
3. get rid of all fbs and create ppo fbs 
4. leave all fbs up all the time and make them indestructible while crs codes ppo fbs

Pick one. 

1 person likes this

The FBs are needed, now whether they are static of PPO mobile I think is up to debate (and I think that mobile PPO FBs bring with them a whole host of issue namely who places them, who is responsible to place them, who is held accountable when they are placed incorrectly, and what happens when those who are tasked with placing FBs aren't online). There are a lot of issues to work with and honestly have a placeable FB (even though I agree with it) won't solve the fundamental mechanic of FBs being blown. It is not as a PPO FB will be some secret base from which you can attack. PPO FBs would have to come along with permanent map tools where you can tell other players of where the base is. The only thing I can see PPO FBs "solving" is prevent a team from sitting at the site of an FB so when you take it out, they immediately blow it up in response (ping-pong FB phenomenon).

Lets also not forget that this is a symptom of low player numbers where all available boots are needed in the town capturing. When player numbers were higher, the FB was a location of intense action and it added a lot of variability for players to choose something that fits their style. FBs were well suited for the defender-type player and guys who loved AA guns. Some of the most intense fights (and fun!) fights were over FBs.

I wouldn't let frustrations over a blown FB stalling an attack (it happened then as in now) make us remove a part of the game which actually is quite a good addition.

Edited by aismov
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, sorella said:

1. get rid of all fbs 
2. or allow ews on fbs just like on towns and AWS, which is sort of what .own is
3. get rid of all fbs and create ppo fbs 
4. leave all fbs up all the time and make them indestructible while crs codes ppo fbs

Pick one. 

What about, keep FBs as they are?

I would like PPO FBs but since that is not likely to be imminent, I prefer to have an FB than not.

FB EWS is just lazy - in low pop one of the few things one or two guys can effectively accomplish together is FB busting, ews at FBs will kill yet another means of contributing off, and had yet another crutch to the do nothing but defend brigade. As you say we have .own as a form of FB ews that should be enough IMHO FB fights can be fun, and at least are not another town grind fest. Get rid of FBs and we limit the type of action we can have even more.

So +1 to PPO FBS, but we need destructible FBs for some variety.

S! Ian

Remove AOs first before FBs.

#turtlesflu

Edited by matamor

36 minutes ago, matamor said:

Remove AOs first before FBs.

#turtlesflu

Remove Towns, then AOs, then FBs and go to area capture using the AWS grid blocks. 

Or easier, just remove players. 

3 minutes ago, sorella said:

Remove Towns, then AOs, then FBs and go to area capture using the AWS grid blocks. 

Or easier, just remove players. 

JXEX.gif

Right now you can't attack w/o a FB.

Hard to get FBs as people just sit and watch them now. (not even in game)

Hence, no action in game.

BORING to sit at a FB and guard it (less you sit at map and type .own every minute --- almost as boring).

Removing FBs means either side can attack any town at any time.... that is awesome - could even attack each other at same time... can't do that today.

Having a PPO FB is just convenience, to make the route shorter for attackers; it would never stop defender from attacking your town or flag movement.

And disable the .own command for FBs.

That would be some map - no FBs and no AOs!  (every frontline town hot at all times)

Make it actually fun by cutting capture times to 1 min - and you'd have the entire front ablaze my guess.

Would be lots of para action.

Maybe test that will an event where everyone can play everything for free - so we got big pop - for a week?

Guessing we don't have the pop to support that yet though.

Edited by delems

23 hours ago, delems said:

Heard the game being summed up like this yesterday...

----The game has devolved to a couple people on each side sitting at map clicking every forward base up and down the line, typing ".own".

Well... one side, at least.

I always assumed someone on the Axis side had a script program like the HC fallback tool that was running. I offered $100 for it on side chat once (and that's a standing offer!)

But apparently it's just people who have way more (offensive term removed) than me.