Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardlead

Expected effect of shooting VS TOE and other irrelevant stuff

6 posts in this topic

The forums are populated by many vets, zooming (sorry fort the gest) on details such as TOE, HC, FMS and so on.

I say, that a lot of subs could be retained/acquired by focusing the resources of CRS on fixing bugs that damage the FPS side of the game.

Is I understand, a lot of our problems could be solved by increasing the pop in the battles.

Who thinks that a noob is first looking at "TOE, HC, FMS and so on" VS the FPS component that is actually a foundation to make the "TOE, HC, FMS and so on." have any meaning at all?

Edited by Hardlead
Clarify

I think we can't get tunnel vision and think systems aren't interconnected. While I agree that improving graphics would be the#1 thing that can be done to have new players stick around for a bit versus quitting after 20 mins and posting a negative "graphics sux Lolol" steam review. But it's not all since without gameplay good graphics are just lipstick on a pig. And those negative graphics reviews will turn into reviews like "wannabe PS but with bad gameplay" reviews.

So while new players don't necessarily know, understand, or care about HC, TOE, etc, it does affect their gameplay experience, which is why things need to be addressed as a whole.

I wasn't subbed for the steam release, but talking to guys in my squad who were, they said that a major complaint of new players was that they didn't understand the HC/AO system and were frustrated they couldn't start their own attacks and didn't understand why.

Im talking about the examples I linked.

Its like;

No mr/mrs soldier, you cant not expect to kill an ei with a rifle at 10m range, you have to use the pistol because the rifle is to powerful.

(no mr ATG gunner, you cant kill a truck driver with a 600 gram/1.5 lbs solid shot @ 700 ms/2300 fps, or penetrate 12mm armor with one of the most powerful ATG in WWII. ( PAK 40)

We have a maintenance patch planned right after 1.36.. Since Devs are pretty much 100% on 1.36 we have not been able to put it prior to 1.36.. It is planned for the next version after 1.36 though (may have some minor hot fixes after 1.36 to deal with anything that may have popped up though). 

15 minutes ago, SCKING said:

We have a maintenance patch planned right after 1.36.. 

Il be watching this space :D

Edited by Hardlead

Bugs are being worked on, at least the ones that were highlighted here: 

The FPS experience has flaws and is atypical compared to today’s market standards, CRS agreed multiple times on This. It is high on the priority list. Not sure the new developers team already masters all the needed parts of the code to improve it though. It is easier to change TOE, AO, FMS for now and to start with.

I don’t have all the details and @HATCHwould know better, so don’t take my words as believable truth.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0