Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodsantos

Friendly Fire

19 posts in this topic

Is there a way at all to enable FF in this game? Or is the game coded completely without it?

If there is a mechanic, could it be turned on for intermission, just to spice things up?

4 hours ago, rodsantos said:

Is there a way at all to enable FF in this game? Or is the game coded completely without it?

If there is a mechanic, could it be turned on for intermission, just to spice things up?

not that old chestnut again .  it is not needed           

there used to be a switch (as the option to activate negative tank points for killing enemies) but I think it is not working 

Friendly Fire toggle still exists in the setup page. May not function properly, but it is there none the less.

6 hours ago, rodsantos said:

Also, it had been done once, a very long time ago.
It did not end so well as i recall

I don't think we would get anything done in intermission,  players would switch sides just to find that one guy and keep killing them .

You know we all have that one guy or more then one on the opposite side that seems to get the better of you in more then one occasion. 

People said it was never done, I disagree, it was something like a few days, maybe weeks then switched off quickly.

Now if it were seriously pursued, I would want to see either two workarounds to deal with the griefers-

• Weak option, only allow big HE like bombs and mortars and artillery to do friendly fire.
  • Strong option, every time a friendly fire incident is logged, the persona's rank is reduced by one.  No exceptions.  If the rank is reduced to the lowest possible rank, the persona is disabled immediately for 12 hours.

Really would like the strong option, self-correcting in that higher powered equipment would soon be unavailable to the griefing or incompetent, we could probably turn artillery loose earlier then a redo of the game with all mobile/area spawning as arty commanders wouldn't dare even fire without a reliable FO giving the all clear, and the persona disable locks out the free account jerk from being more then an annoyance.

1 person likes this

We already have fake defenders of cps, sitting in cps while the enemy is capping and telling others everything is fine.  Do we really want to give them the ability to shoot their own side too?

11 minutes ago, karecafree said:

CRS only works with reality and history and FF on is not real ... lol

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c86e151496e526c32

Edited by matamor

36 minutes ago, blakeh said:

We already have fake defenders of cps, sitting in cps while the enemy is capping and telling others everything is fine.  Do we really want to give them the ability to shoot their own side too?

I'll shot the faker first.

Where would I like to see FF , is for Bombs and maybe all HE rounds and mortars, that would cut down where one side just lays waste to an AB with the above mentioned , while one side dies , but the others just have a free path to the AB bunker while running throu all the explosions, it sure would enhance the INF play for ABs and cut down on the reckless dropping of Bombs with no consequences. 

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

People said it was never done,

It was, it ended bad.
Very very very bad, and it was quickly undone.
I dont even recall it making it through the week?

people are just not terribly forgiving of a TK event.

Even now, should a guy accidentally blow up a cap building
while friendlies are inside a lot of hostility ensues

Here's an idea I had for balancing sides which uses FF as a motivator:

1. When a campaign begins, the first time a player enters the game, the side he enters on is his 'official'  side for the duration of the campaign.

A. If a player switches sides during the campaign, he is subject to friendly fire from both AI and other players for the duration of the campaign

After a pre-determined time at the beginning of a campaign, maybe 24-48 hours, new players joining the campaign afterward are subject to the following restrictions. The new player may join the underpopulated side under the same terms as 1 and 1.A, but if the new player joins the overpopulated side he is automatically subject to friendly fire as in 1.A

Edited by gavalink
grammar

Guys, I just want to see it, if possible, for intermission. Just to alleviate the boredom.

I was there the last time we tried it.

Imagine every spawn point is camped by your own side by a bunch of players for the lulz. That is exactly what happened and what will happen again.

1 hour ago, rodsantos said:

Guys, I just want to see it, if possible, for intermission. Just to alleviate the boredom.

Just blow a cp while your mates cap it- always good for a laugh. 

On 11/03/2019 at 7:45 PM, dre21 said:

Where would I like to see FF , is for Bombs and maybe all HE rounds and mortars, that would cut down where one side just lays waste to an AB with the above mentioned , while one side dies , but the others just have a free path to the AB bunker while running throu all the explosions, it sure would enhance the INF play for ABs and cut down on the reckless dropping of Bombs with no consequences. 

Agree, as a start.

Selective bombs
they only kill enemies!
Where is the reality?

8 hours ago, karecafree said:

Agree, as a start.

Selective bombs
they only kill enemies!
Where is the reality?

It's debatable whether they kill at all, period. :D

Edited by rodsantos

Sign in to follow this