• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
rodsantos

Friendly Fire

34 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

What % of paying players begin as green tags

Answer: 100%

green tags or f2p?
in the beginning all are green tags...
and obviously 100%

...FF is not on because it would displease the bombers (allied)
and also because it is not realistic (lol)

Edited by enemytank

1 hour ago, enemytank said:

...FF is not on because it would displease the bombers (allied)
and also because it is not realistic (lol)

And you wonder why your posts get moderated.

FF is not on because in a game on this scale,  there is no repercussion for team kills. Every CAS bomb dropped would TK someone, should that pilot be penalized? 

The issue is even more problematic given the short render distances currently in game.  It is currently possible to drop a bomb, then have friendlies render.

While I don't recall FF ever being on in game (some swear it was at one point), I can't imagine that it'd end well.

It was on for a few days, I recall.  Pretty much like a bad dream.

Absolutely no to FF.

Have to agree.

I think FF is essential for games like Post Scriptum and ARMA 3....but I have a hard time seeing how it could work in an MMO like this one.... I suppose it's *possible* (I forget if Planetside had FF), but I just don't have a good idea how it could be done.

Each and every day I am in-game, I have at least 1 allied new soldier walk up to me, and attempt to shoot me.  Every day.  If I ever get carpel tunnel, I will be able to blame having to type "please don't shoot at me, friendly fire does not function in this game" so many times. 

FF would be a disaster to this game, imho.

16 minutes ago, augetout said:

Each and every day I am in-game, I have at least 1 allied new soldier walk up to me, and attempt to shoot me.  Every day.  If I ever get carpel tunnel, I will be able to blame having to type "please don't shoot at me, friendly fire does not function in this game" so many times. 

FF would be a disaster to this game, imho.

Wouldn't doubt for a second that in my first few days of FNGiness (is that a word?) I was probably one of them. Cannot recall how many I shot even inside the spawn barracks rounding the corner suddenly. Once you get a little more used to player icon  rendering it gets better, but I find myself getting shot more than I like hesitating that second to see if a color ID renders on a player 100 yards away, especially for US infantry which uniform colors match just enough with Axis to make you hesitate.

A big percentage of FF in the 60's was indirect fire from Arty and CAS.  Having a green butterbar calling co-ords to the firebase made everyone hunker down as buttons on the fatigues seemed to keep you too high off the ground. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, GrAnit said:

It was on for a few days, I recall.  Pretty much like a bad dream.

Absolutely no to FF.

the most banal of games has FF on (Counter Strike)
I played for years and I did not see any problems.
FF on is reality and should exist.
Some do not have enough reflex and are afraid to kill friends

No to FF and there are so many things in this game that are unrealistic, warping for example, that to use realism as a reason to have FF is bonkers.

FF just brings out the worst in the playerbase and as B2K has stated - rendering distances make it impossible for the CAS  pilots.