Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sublimesw

Semi-Auto Rifle DLC

5 posts in this topic

Dear All,

You need to implement some kind of DLC for the other weapons in World War 2 Online, namely the semi-automatic rifles. Many of the new guys in my squad, unable to pay for a subscription, frequently run out of supply. Just a note to the developers. Perhaps make them pay for each kind of rifle: $8 for the semis, $10 for the sniper, or something like that. It would totally be worth it to all of the newer players who want to play with more equipment, but don't want to commit to a full subscription.

I think for CRS and the Game future it is better we have all this Weapons only for premium members.

80% of the Playerbase play as Infantrie. If you can buy soon all this stuff over some new DLC we will lost many Full subscription.

The other think is, the game need more players because many new guys who join the game found a empty WW2 world and think this game is soon dead.

I think maby a better way is to create some new sheaper subscription.

Of example 

Only ground force for 8

Only air force 8€

Only Navy 2$

2 minutes ago, sajuk said:

I think maby a better way is to create some new sheaper subscription.

I think Xoom is working on something to provide more options

7 minutes ago, sajuk said:

I think for CRS and the Game future it is better we have all this Weapons only for premium members.

80% of the Playerbase play as Infantrie. If you can buy soon all this stuff over some new DLC we will lost many Full subscription.

Because the subscription isn't a solid way of monetizing a game and hasn't been for years. Just about any 1 time buy item will overtake having to pay a bill every month. That's why a bunch of MMO's went F2P and did cosmetics, after TF2 and CS:GO showed you can monetize a game 100% on vanity items that don't effect gameplay. The benefit is you can easily pull 10's of thousands of free players, if just a small percentage of them buy the cosmetics (and they will because status is human nature) then it pays, so not only do you have a big playerbase, you're making just as much if not more for your game. That's why subscription is usually now a side piece for the  top tier of premium, so few people buy into subscription models nowadays, and just about every game lets you pay with in game currency, rewarding dedicated players.

I may be totally wrong but I get the sense DLC didn't make the impact the CRS was looking for as it was supposed to also be introduced as an option for non-steam players but that hasn't happened yet. Tier 3 does limit resources available to FTP and DLC players as riflemen and Tier 0 supply is reduced. The ToE reorganization didn't help DLC resources either but I realize CRS is experimenting with new ideas for the game and I'm not going to act out over it. Once the supplies are used up and I have no options I simply log out and do something else. I'll check later to see if supplies have been added or the area of operations are moved.   

As for a DLC Semi... meh... you would probably just get the 3 clips of ammo you would have to conserve. As the reserve smg I've been reduced to trying to capture a CP with a knife after my ammo is depleted on more than one occasion. Short bursts... And since the semi is a non-tier 0 unit (I think) that would open the door for an argument to make other non-tier 0 DLC available. I don't think CRS is going to open that argument waiting to happen on themselves. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0