kgarner

Historical Spawnlists....

256 posts in this topic

The great debate over historical spawnlist has been raging in the forums .... seems basically everyone in the forums has a pretty passionate view about the impact this is having on our game as whole..... and that is great, passion for the game is why we are here!!!!  However, I think it is logical to deduce that in order to have a real understanding of the impact these new spawnlists are having on the game..... well you actually have to play the game.  So I've created this thread as a quick index of players TOM for the last 2.5 campaigns (the campaigns that are affected by these spawnlists.  So we can quickly see who has truly experienced these spawnlist from a gameplay mechanics point of view..... and who is basically just forum thumping 

Kgarner = 2,843 sorties in 160 
1,951 in 161 so far
204 sorties in 159 

bmbm = 161 0 sorties

160 1 sortie

159 0 sorites

choad = 424 current campaign

321 in 160

209 in 159

1 person likes this

<Shrug> I have less then most, but I don't particularly need a lot to see trends as due to my former role in AHC I pretty much can assess where things are going quickly and what spawn patterns people are using.

People often wonder why I wander out in a general direction of the enemy without good fieldcraft, but a lot of times I'm determining where the enemy is by 'taking point' and given the audio, skull locations and where I am at by what I am shot by, I can get a VERY fast read on enemy numbers, locations and intentions.

If I had had the programmer time with my squad's resident database genius, we would have put together a 'shot pattern' chart and cross-indexed with squads, so we would get a complete picture of the different behavioral patterns of what squads spawned what when in what sequence.  Battlefield forensics and the resulting intel ain't just about K/D.

kilemall = 120

Everyone's opinion is important..... I just think its a good idea to see how much of that opinion is invested in gameplay experience

1 person likes this

delems = 585

krazydog = 438

50 sorties is probably enough to get a general feel of gameplay mechanics i think..... just my opinion though

long-cucumber-measuring-tape-isolated-white-51731991.jpg

eldfen - I'm sure you'll measure it for me. I doubt I have a 1/10th the sorties you have. Man I wish I had that much time on my hands. Unfortunately, like many others I have a job, wife, too many kids and their extra curricular activities, cook and clean for them, pets, livestock, house & cars maintenance/repairs and d@mned near ANY services are limited to Saturday because they're closed Sundays. The world seems to be made for people who do not work. Just because some of us have fewer sorties doesn't mean we're playing other games because we don't enjoy this one. We aren't any less than anyone else in the game. 

MJeisxj2_400x400.jpg

I don't mind CRS experimenting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not going to jump on someone who volunteers their time to make adjustments to the game. I highly doubt it was a solo decision. CRS is probably analyzing the stats. They may change it back, they may not. They may change it to something else. If they just kept things the same as they always were they would stagnate and die. 

But for now, I have to feed the animals, unload the dishwasher and then load it and clean the kitchen so I can cook supper and sing "you make me feel like a natural woman" cause ain't nobody else in the house going to do it. 

opinions are conclusions drawn from insight.........

If you have to get your car fixed, do you want a mechanic to fix it that has worked on a car for years?...... or one that read how to fix cars in a book????

If you have to have surgery..... would you rather have a doctor who has performed the operation many times?...... or one fresh out of medical school that has only read about how to complete the surgery? 

In a perfect world, I would like a mechanic and a doctor doing my biding that has both read the books and performed the tasks

But if it comes down to choosing one or the other......... I want the person that has experience making decisions before the guy that has only book knowledge of the subject.

It seems with our game....... the history books and those that interpret them are making all the decisions..... and no one has any real experience in how those decisions are affecting the actual experience of gameplay

Worse than that, we have a plethora of armchair generals voicing their opinions here on the forums that also do not play the game.  All of this is not good..... and like anything else in life..... I think those with real hands on experience should probably be given more gravity to their opinions as they are more relevant..... plz don't take this as a personal attack.... it is not.... I don't like the new doctor or mechanic any less as a person..... i just logically prefer a more experienced mechanic or doctor working on my car and body...... logic devoid of personalization 

Edited by kgarner

All this talk of spawn lists are inconsequential, if an ATG cant kill a truck aiming at the driver.  (just an example)

Pls fix the FPS, the most basic part of the game first.

The 'historical spawnlist' is in its second, third? campaign? Using only this campaign as a barometer is myopic. Regardless, you also have to consider who is doing what and how.

Players who hide in buildings or are out in the middle of nowhere NOT engaged in CQB have little room to talk about automatic supply/armor supply as they aren't actually impacted all that much.

Why would a player who primarily plays as a rifle, care about no automatics, or how those automatics work? They don't. You think Nily cares that the only supply is a rifle? You think he's concerned about getting rushed with automatics while he snipes clueless players with his rifle from a distance? I see a lot of individuals, from the new players to the super extreme vets with large letters who are rarely, if at all in CQ infantry battles in ABs, or CPs, or smaller towns.  It's easy to make these comments when you aren't directly impacted by them on a day to day, sortie to sortie basis. 

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, xohorvath said:

The 'historical spawnlist' is in its second, third? campaign? Using only this campaign as a barometer is myopic. Regardless, you also have to consider who is doing what and how.

Players who hide in buildings or are out in the middle of nowhere NOT engaged in CQB have little room to talk about automatic supply/armor supply as they aren't actually impacted all that much.

Why would a player who primarily plays as a rifle, care about no automatics, or how those automatics work? They don't. You think Nily cares that the only supply is a rifle? You think he's concerned about getting rushed with automatics while he snipes clueless players with his rifle from a distance? I see a lot of individuals, from the new players to the super extreme vets with large letters who are rarely, if at all in CQ infantry battles in ABs, or CPs, or smaller towns.  It's easy to make these comments when you aren't directly impacted by them on a day to day, sortie to sortie basis. 

100% agree.......... my main reason for bringing this topic up.... aside from the fact that the new spawnlists are hurting the game........ is to try and create come distinction in opinion.... To many people that vehemently post their opinions in the forums..... don't actually play the game.  Those in high places that seem to be making most of the decisions on what is actually in the spawnlists..... also are not playing the game.   I think any reasonable person can say definitively that...... those who play the game probably have the best understanding of how spawnlists are affecting the game.  This is my attempt at separating the wheat from the chaff ......

2 people like this

I like the (new) spawn list. forces me to drive a vehicle that i would have not otherwise:) 

Agree with XO and KG here. 

PS: Haven't been on as much as I'd like, work is kicking my butt, but I have about 35k allied kills and about 30k Axis kills spread over 3 accounts, not counting f2p :P 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

opinions are conclusions drawn from insight.........

If you have to get your car fixed, do you want a mechanic to fix it that has worked on a car for years?...... or one that read how to fix cars in a book????

If you have to have surgery..... would you rather have a doctor who has performed the operation many times?...... or one fresh out of medical school that has only read about how to complete the surgery? 

In a perfect world, I would like a mechanic and a doctor doing my biding that has both read the books and performed the tasks

But if it comes down to choosing one or the other......... I want the person that has experience making decisions before the guy that has only book knowledge of the subject.

While I understand what your trying to say and convey, that’s a bad analogy because Xoom and Ohm have many times performed the surgery and fixed the car and continue to do so if it needs to be done again (which it will). Ohm puts many hours in game every night. He may not be running around with a rifle or in a DD or in a tank, but he is around watching and listening to what is going on which won’t reflect in stats.

3 people like this

meh...... play the game and experience what is going on........ or at very least..... listen to the people that are.  

2 people like this

No offense taken kgarner. I will admit I may be oversensitive to the works of volunteers because frankly that is mostly what CRS has. I would suggest the doctor observation is well... I work at hospital and I know doctors that have been there 30 to 40 year I wouldn't let them touch me with a napkin they are so out of touch. It really depends on the skill of the individual. Some experience is useless if it is too old. However, for cars I love old experience. My truck is 25 years old and my "luxury" car is 18 years old and my daily driver is a mere 13 years old. They need old mechanics.

Spawn lists changes have certainly altered my experience as it should. I guess I just look at it like a mouse maze...as I do most things... and adjust and adapt. I'm a ftp/DLC player and don't particularly care for Tier 3 but I am still trying my best.

Got all the chores I needed to do done. The house is fairly clean. Made a pretty good Black Bean Soup. Wife came home and fussed at me for some reason I don't understand but that's out of the way and I don't particularly care. So now I am going to try and digitally kill you with whatever stick they let me wield. :)

Feels good to get the bra off for the day...

I think kgamer’s point is that people who have actually played these last 3 campaigns are the true beta testers of these radically new equipment lists.

The people who designed the lists know the equipment well - the pros and cons of all the different units - not much has really changed technically.

But the radically different supply lists and the differentiating of the infantry and armored flags has radically changed how the attrition battles are played out, what tactics the sides are using ,how HC is moving flags on the map.

For example, I have been continuously making the point the in T0 and T1 during the last 2 campaigns the allies are using the British INFANTRY flags as extra ARMOR flags to cover the French towns. The axis is really getting outsupplied in armor over this because there is a big gap in armor balance in the infantry flags.

And all these extra “smoke” matildas in the early tiers are not really being used for smoke support.  They are being used by the allies as extra unkillable pillboxes in front of their armybases when the axis run out of sappers.

Also in later tiers in many big battles, the Axis tankers are often finding no armor to spawn but STUGs (with no turrets or MGs) and they are suppose to provide infantry support for the infantry flags.  Maybe this is somewhat historical (I don’t know), but it  is upseting the axis tankers and people are starting to cancel their subscriptions.

Its a bit ironic too because in real life the Germans gave the STuG III G an open MG with a shield on top of the ammo loader’s hatch not too long after the StuG III G was introduced into combat.  And later on they developed a remotely operated MG turret on top of the Stug.  But our StuG III G has no MG at all.

There are many other gameplay issues with these new lists too, but you have to get a feel of what the impact by playing in game. 

What I find really amazing too - is all the complaining the axis are doing right now is while they Axis are “winning” these campaigns with the new equipment lists  so far.  (This only goes to show that momentum and overpop is more important than equipment imbalances).  

But  I can only imagine what the outcry is going to be when the Axis actually start to lose a canpaign with these new lists - yikes!

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog
6 people like this

w/o an influx of new players or the whips switching, i honestly don't think you will see an Allied victory for some time. Too Allied many vets left the game. Would love to be wrong - but that is how i see it.

Edited by choad
2 people like this

7 minutes ago, krazydog said:

I think kgamer’s point is that people who have actually played these last 3 campaigns are the true beta testers

+10 / an evolving game should always allow for different changes from the designers/owners and for those changes to be tested live by real players who then feedback to the designers who then drop, adapt or tweak the changes.  just stick a big LIVE BETA banner on the website and leave it up for the next few years. young people might think its cool. 

2 people like this