• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
kgarner

Historical Spawnlists....

256 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, augetout said:

Do you and Kgarner have a count on how many Allied players (and axis players) have left the game over the years due to the lack of historically accurate spawnlists?  I bet not, but shouldn't that matter just as much as the current griping about 'stugs in Infantry brigades'?

So for "balance" you want more players to quit the game, so we end up with hardly anyone left playing on either side?

If all your friends/old players who you claim stopped playing because the spawnlists were not historically accurate have come back, then CRS have indeed read the situation and been successful. But they haven't have they? (LOL - come on, be honest, how many of them really left the game because the axis inf flags had Pnz3Fs in them, or because the Brits had too many SMGs? Seriously, be honest, how many left for too many brit SMGs?)

We have less people playing in 159/160/161. We see TZ1 and TZ2 down to just 1 AO when there were some nights with 3 AOs prior to the historic spawnlist cull (Map 158).

We need in game "harmony" and stable spawnlists prior to 1.36 implementation, or 1.36 will fail. Then where will "our" game be?

S! Ian

Edited by ian77
I put "our" because I know it is CRS's game, but I feel we are like a sports team, and we the subscribers, are the fans, and because we are emontionally invested in WWIIOL hence we see the game as ours
2 people like this

I just hope CRS actually listens....... I dont see this whole exercise as a whiny cry baby session..... I see it as a constructive attempt at helping fix a problem..... hopefully the wider margin of CRS does as well

oh... and not just listen..... but listen to the opinions that are rooted in experience .... as opposed to whatever else

40 minutes ago, ian77 said:

So for "balance" you want more players to quit the game, so we end up with hardly anyone left playing on either side?

If all your friends/old players who you claim stopped playing because the spawnlists were not historically accurate have come back, then CRS have indeed read the situation and been successful. But they haven't have they? (LOL - come on, be honest, how many of them really left the game because the axis inf flags had Pnz3Fs in them, or because the Brits had too many SMGs? Seriously, be honest, how many left for too many brit SMGs?)

We have less people playing in 159/160/161. We see TZ1 and TZ2 down to just 1 AO when there were some nights with 3 AOs prior to the historic spawnlist cull (Map 158).

We need in game "harmony" and stable spawnlists prior to 1.36 implementation, or 1.36 will fail. Then where will "our" game be?

S! Ian

It should be possible for you and I to disagree without you having to make things up as you go along.

You don't have to request me to be honest, as it is a given.  Had I realized that after 18 years I would have to produce a list of players with the specific reasons they left in order to make the point that many left due to the game drifting away from historical accuracy, I probably still wouldn't have wasted the time to do it.  If you wish to be credible, then please stop asking for proof that water is wet.

You are asserting that less players the last 3 campaigns is caused by the new spawnlists, but I'm not convinced the evidence exists to back that claim.  Other than the first part of 158, in the 'omg my Infantry units do not have enough panzers thus all axis tankers have quit or are about to' scenario, the Allies should be overpop all day every day, right?  I mean, isn't it safe to assume that the Allied players benefitting from the axis side's Infantry brigade not having enough armor would not be part of the 'crowd' leaving the game?

We all want more players in-game, and I have zero problem with people trying to lobby CRS to make the game better, myself included.  Let's not allow reason to be blotted out by frustration.  If there are less players in-game, and the Allies aren't constantly overpop, then it really doesn't follow that there are less people in-game because german tankers are peeved about historical spawnlists.  I understand frustrations borne of game changes, and some changes have caused me much frustration, too.  Finding actual solutions is a worthy goal, but requires the location of the actual problems, and their roots.

S!

4 people like this

These spawnlist are bad for both sides...CRS is devaulating their own product, they are reducing numbers on the best weapons/tanks...

2 hours ago, ian77 said:

CRS made a big mistake when they launched the game on Steam at 18$/month...they lost a great oportunity to increase our playerbase. Now they are going to make the same mistake if they launch 1.36 with these spawnlist, another good oportunity to increase population will be lost...

1 hour ago, augetout said:

It should be possible for you and I to disagree without you having to make things up as you go along.

You don't have to request me to be honest, as it is a given.  Had I realized that after 18 years I would have to produce a list of players with the specific reasons they left in order to make the point that many left due to the game drifting away from historical accuracy, I probably still wouldn't have wasted the time to do it.  If you wish to be credible, then please stop asking for proof that water is wet.

You are asserting that less players the last 3 campaigns is caused by the new spawnlists, but I'm not convinced the evidence exists to back that claim.  Other than the first part of 158, in the 'omg my Infantry units do not have enough panzers thus all axis tankers have quit or are about to' scenario, the Allies should be overpop all day every day, right?  I mean, isn't it safe to assume that the Allied players benefitting from the axis side's Infantry brigade not having enough armor would not be part of the 'crowd' leaving the game?

We all want more players in-game, and I have zero problem with people trying to lobby CRS to make the game better, myself included.  Let's not allow reason to be blotted out by frustration.  If there are less players in-game, and the Allies aren't constantly overpop, then it really doesn't follow that there are less people in-game because german tankers are peeved about historical spawnlists.  I understand frustrations borne of game changes, and some changes have caused me much frustration, too.  Finding actual solutions is a worthy goal, but requires the location of the actual problems, and their roots.

S!

I don't ask for a list of players, and certainly was not meaning to question your honesty. Perhaps I should have phrased it as "be serious"?

I am not making anything up as I go along. I just wanted you to give some rough numbers to all the players you say have left the game due to the unhistoric spawn lists.

So please, do not provide a list of players over the years, just give one example of somebody who stopped playing because there were some PnzIIs in the axis inf flags, and the Brits had too many SMGs?  AND have they resubbed now that the cull has taken place? Or did they rage quit once more when CRS gave the SMGs back to the Brits?

My personal ingame experience was fewer people playing, despite the allies being OP for large amounts of end T3 and T1, they were still losing towns, we usually had  just 1AO, and there were very few Axis panzers to fight against. My 585 sorties earlier this map were all as allied. I admit I have not spawned in since 7th March, since the game was not providing me with any personal enjoyment, so it could be that the former players have started to return now that CRS have cured the problem with Axis having PzIIs in their inf flags? Personally, I doubt it, but that was why I wanted you to give me the facts about the players who quit previously, and are now returning because of the new spawnlists, rather than the people I have seen giving up on the game (myself included) largely because of the new spawnlists.

I fear those presently logging in to the game less and less, exceed those former players who previously had issues with the axis having PnzIIs in their inf flags.

Fewer people playing for shorter periods of time is, IMHO, an "actual problem".

S! Ian

Garrison supply is not going to be like moveable supply. So automatically assuming this is wrong. 

Garrison supply will have everything in them ... army garrison will have everything inf , tanks , AA , ATG’s 

navy will only have boats 

air will only have planes

para will have transport aircraft and para units 

as garrisons do not move 

the move able brigades are renforcement units 

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, OHM said:

Garrison supply is not going to be like moveable supply. So automatically assuming this is wrong. 

Garrison supply will have everything in them ... army garrison will have everything inf , tanks , AA , ATG’s 

navy will only have boats 

air will only have planes

para will have transport aircraft and para units 

as garrisons do not move 

the move able brigades are renforcement units 

So why inject so much anti CRS feeling into the game by screwing with the allied SMG numbers and the Axis panzer distribution? And why have so many posts from CRS folk telling the players that they are wrong and CRS secret research is correct?

If these spawnlists are not being carried over into 1.36 why did CRS need to enforce the notion of "historical axis doctrinal use of light panzers" on the poor playerbase?

Why cause so much anger and negativity if this is not to be continued beyond 1.36 introduction?

Seriously, why put everyone through the last 2 months of endless dissatisfaction/complaining in these forums and especially in side chat?

Now, the damage is done, and people have just stopped playing. If this has all been for nothing, it just beggars belief!

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

There will still be movable brigades that may have some of these same limitations and spawnlists. Garrisons are a different animal. 

1 person likes this

I just went onto discord, and the "good news" is that numbers are balanced. There are just two axis and two allied players on discord right now, middle of Sat PM in Europe, with lousy weather.

We used to get 20+ just in our discord channel Maps 157 and 158. I do not see one of those guys on the server.

We used to have 2 AOs throughout Sat PM and saw 3AOs as US playerbase logged in.

And before it is pointed out that numbers on discord do not accurately represent the true numbers in game, I realise this fact. However, the numbers on discord represent those players who are organising and working together. AND at present, each side has just two such players.......

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

We want to get the move able brigades set as close as we can and then get the garrisons set up.  Everything is done in steps. 

5 minutes ago, OHM said:

We want to get the move able brigades set as close as we can and then get the garrisons set up.  Everything is done in steps. 

Great - and meantime we keep haemorrhaging players.

So basically, the WWIIOL game server has become a test bed for you guys notion of historic spawn lists for movable flags in 1.36?

I hope you still have enough "paying testers" left by the time 1.36 finally arrives.

S! Ian

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, delems said:

*** navy will only have boats 

?? No navy infantry in port towns?

every airfield and naval town will have an active army garrison as well

1 minute ago, delems said:

But I play navy infantry.

lol.. not even going to argue

1 person likes this

I'm just pointing out - I play this game for the navy aspect (sea and marines); we are a navy infantry squad.

I often have has many navy sorties as army.

If there is no navy infantry around, what do I spawn?

Not only that, I'm a KM officer, so there will be no reason for KM officers anymore?
Will there be movable navy flags?

The port will still have a "landunit" (for want of a better description to differentiate it from naval infantry) garrison. But a port will also have a navy garrison - boats - and if the town has an AF then it will have its' aircraft "garrison" as well.

An airfield will still have a "landunit" garrison, which is the town based ground supply.

S! Ian

8 minutes ago, delems said:

I'm just pointing out - I play this game for the navy aspect (sea and marines); we are a navy infantry squad.

I often have has many navy sorties as army.

If there is no navy infantry around, what do I spawn?

Not only that, I'm a KM officer, so there will be no reason for KM officers anymore?
Will there be movable navy flags?

Unless we try stuff we will never know how it is going to work... that goes for new units , terrain stuff and TOE sheets ... 

as for test / beta help we have ask for help and only get a handful to help us , so that leaves but no choice to test on the live game ... 

weeven lock thelive gameto force players on  a beta server it that didn’t work. 

11 minutes ago, delems said:

So basically we are removing the navy and air infantry personas?

Originally they were only added to help protect the aircraft and boats from campers that would drive behind the lines. Now they will have a full Army garrison to do so.

19 minutes ago, OHM said:

Unless we try stuff we will never know how it is going to work... that goes for new units , terrain stuff and TOE sheets ... 

as for test / beta help we have ask for help and only get a handful to help us , so that leaves but no choice to test on the live game ... 

weeven lock thelive gameto force players on  a beta server it that didn’t work. 

So clearly the playerbase, well what's left of it, do not wish to be beta testers.

But these spawnlists were never mentioned prior to implementation, just the complete BS "Hardest Campaign Ever" tag.

Perhaps if CRS told your customers that we need to test this out, and since you guys refuse to be on the Beta server (FYI I have no idea where it is located or how to access it - great CRS comms again?) then we will have to put this in game after the next reset.

BUT that is not what we got, and now you tell us this is not what the future will hold, but the damage is done. Players have simply just stopped playing.

And, I am pretty sure there has been almost constant "feedback" on your new spawnlist ideas.

I wish to God I did not like this game and the friends I have made playing it SO much, then it would not matter what the historic fantasists did to it.

Hopefully you guys will make a clear announcement when the beta testing is finished, and the gameserver goes back to hosting the game proper, and not the player reducing farce it is in its present form.

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

Well looks like no matter what we do it will be wrong,