kgarner

Historical Spawnlists....

256 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, kgarner said:

which is what really matters

Okay, yes.  And no.

The part you guys are missing is that Axis guys often showed up just on squad nights plus eh why not nights.

In order to win during many of those years, particularly the sixxx yeeearzzzz, it was LESS Allied players playing MORE.  It was like a marathon run through broken glass.

That's the difference between TOM and the 55-45 deep bench.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, dre21 said:

Maybe it would help if CRS would could post what is all Spawnable from a FMS , that way each side has an idea and one does not jump to conclusions.  I would have never known that the Flak38 would or should be available in an FMS and never would have never thought twice about it. 

While we are at it , why is the pak38 then not spawnable at an FMS , and before one gets upset.  I'm talking 1 pak38 at a FMS?

the devs think that medium ATGs spawning at the FMS would devestate the tank game

yes, the same FMS that spawns that schrecks and zooks 

meanwhile the spawnlist of a badly depleted infantry brigade today, one that lost almost all its auto weapons and good infantry looks like this: 

zS8j8HL.jpg

ATGs aplenty, well except for the pak 36 of course

22 minutes ago, david06 said:

the devs think that medium ATGs spawning at the FMS would devestate the tank game

yes, the same FMS that spawns that schrecks and zooks 

meanwhile the spawnlist of a badly depleted infantry brigade today, one that lost almost all its auto weapons and good infantry looks like this: 

zS8j8HL.jpg

ATGs aplenty, well except for the pak 36 of course

this is a good point..... atg's can be effective......if they can actually get to the place where they can be effective.  Right now they can't

Edited by kgarner

Get ready for CRS to lock this thread too!

It seems like that is what they do to the Axis when they complain about the current unfair, unbalanced spawnlists.

CRS even had the nerve to lock a thread inside Axis secute internal forums last week!  And the axis were not even arguing among themselves in that thread in our internal secure forums.  The arguments started after BMBM jumped into our internal discussion and stirred the pot up.  

Axis patience is getting very short now.

Edited by krazydog

33 minutes ago, krazydog said:

Get ready for CRS to lock this thread too!

It seems like that is what they do to the Axis when they complain about the current unfair, unbalanced spawnlists.

CRS even had the nerve to lock a thread inside Axis secute internal forums last week!

And the axis were not even arguing among themselves in that thread in our internal secure forums.  The arguments started after BMBM jumped into our internal discussion and stirred the pot up.  Axis patience is getting very short now.

unfortunately, our society has all but eradicated rhetoric and philosophy from daily discourse...... to many adults need to be reminded of very fundamental facts like...........

1.  You are not your opinions.... you are the essence that creates and refines opinions.  An attack on your opinions is not an attack on you.  In fact, having your opinions attacked is arguably the only way people grow

2.  No one can hurt your feelings.  Your feelings are your responsibility.  If your feelings get hurt...... no one did that to you..... you did that to yourself.

3.  The only evidence that is necessary to prove that you are the essence that creates opinions and not the actual opinion itself......... opinions can change, positions can change, people grow and mature.  In order for that to take place, there has to be some fundamental essence that supersedes the ideas..... which is the creative essence itself - coupled with the influences that surround our reality.

Edited by kgarner

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Okay, yes.  And no.

The part you guys are missing is that Axis guys often showed up just on squad nights plus eh why not nights.

In order to win during many of those years, particularly the sixxx yeeearzzzz, it was LESS Allied players playing MORE.  It was like a marathon run through broken glass.

That's the difference between TOM and the 55-45 deep bench.

Beat me to it.  

thats what spawn delay and insane cap timers are for....... at max OP.... If I am capping a cp 1 guy can spawn in 7-10 times before the cap is complete

13 hours ago, kgarner said:

thats what spawn delay and insane cap timers are for....... at max OP.... If I am capping a cp 1 guy can spawn in 7-10 times before the cap is complete

Yes but remember, cap timers are a new thing, not there for most of the run of the game, and SD proved to not be useful because it was too high a pain point, and it still seems to have problems matching reality we see ingame, I think both sides have seen real oddities in terms of SD times that do not match what the system is saying pop ratio is.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Yes but remember, cap timers are a new thing, not there for most of the run of the game, and SD proved to not be useful because it was too high a pain point, and it still seems to have problems matching reality we see ingame, I think both sides have seen real oddities in terms of SD times that do not match what the system is saying pop ratio is.

yeah there is definitely some funny business going on with SD and cap timers not matching up with the population that is shown at log in ..... and every time i bring it up..... It's just totally ignored I have never had anyone offer 1 single explanation .... not any players ....... or any Rats.

48 minutes ago, kgarner said:

yeah there is definitely some funny business going on with SD and cap timers not matching up with the population that is shown at log in ..... and every time i bring it up..... It's just totally ignored I have never had anyone offer 1 single explanation .... not any players ....... or any Rats.

Far as they are concerned its working properly, always was the answer.

My guess is there is some deep unresolved bug in the guts of whatever it is they are sampling to drive the SD/CT calculation, and it's more spread out over time then they think it is.

I deal with this professionally, mainframe processor utilization packages typically will give you historical slices of 15-minute reporting, so you could say X machine is using 80% CPU, but the actual event is 5 minutes 100% and 10 minutes 70% and the 100% brings everything but prioritized processing to a halt.  Windows servers are more vulnerable as they don't usually have good workload management and the answer is to just not let the CPU hit that for any length of time.

It's VERY frustrating as it is clearly intermittent and so they could be on for hours and not see it.  But we can't tell what is going on globally or behind the curtains when it does happen and point them in the right bughunting direction.

Been there professionally too, I made my mark that got me out of the computer room by ruthlessly hunting down a weirdo bug where one misconfiguration of one terminal out of 1000 defined would hang up the whole system until timeout cleared and it was dropped only to happen at a very precise terminal count but highly variable time.  It can take singleminded focused jihad to catch these things, but it starts with recognizing that users aren't making up the problems they are experiencing and are living with working with the machines, not you the IT guy.

Edited by Kilemall

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

My understanding is the cap timer is based on people actually spawned in world, not sitting out at the map screen
and is averaged over a period of time so it does not bounce up and down continuously like a jumping bean.

I am not sure on the SD / Login pop notification, if it is in-world pop, or just post persona selection in-game and mapscreen.

that info would be very nice to know merlin..... anyway we could get that info?

It may have to do with what happens when the overall server population gets too low. With a large server population at any one time there should be a roughly stable number of players spawned in. But when you get to a 1 AO situation the actual in-game spawned numbers can fluctuate a lot as players for example despawn to shift to a new target. Something as simply as a call to spawn paras can effectively bring a large % of the spawned in playerbase back to the map screen.

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

that info would be very nice to know merlin..... anyway we could get that info?

@XOOM can you answer that, on who is and is not included on the counters for cap timer and SD?
logged in VS actually spawned in

The Team that has been working on the Supply numbers are going threw the numbers. They have found some issue with the formulas and looking into the trouble. Once i get a new set of TOE supply numbers we will be updating them to the game. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, OHM said:

The Team that has been working on the Supply numbers are going threw the numbers. They have found some issue with the formulas and looking into the trouble. Once i get a new set of TOE supply numbers we will be updating them to the game. 

Ok, and what about the timer issues?

Look at medium tank summary, allies 9000, axis 2000 kills.

If you don't see a problem with that, then I don't know what to say.

And no, the the axis LMG and 88 don't make up for those 7000 kills.

Mostly like the changes lately - but there are some issues.

Edited by delems

50 minutes ago, delems said:

Look at medium tank summary, allies 9000, axis 2000 kills.

If you don't see a problem with that, then I don't know what to say.

And no, the the axis LMG and 88 don't make up for those 7000 kills.

Mostly like the changes lately - but there are some issues.

What is this?

Axis    Germany  Heavy Mortar    3,025
Allies  United Kingdom  Heavy Mortar  275
Allies  United States  Heavy Mortar   735
Allies  France  Heavy Mortar   121

We do not of course have infantry heavy 80mm mortars etc
So what is classified as heavy mortar?  the CS tanks? Maybe? i dunno...
What ever it might be, axis appears to be cleaning house with it.
But, that could be misleading simply because of the categorical name

Axis also does good  in the ATG field, that category at least makes sense to me

Axis  Germany  Anti-Tank Gun  1,746
Allies  United Kingdom  Anti-Tank Gun  656
Allies  United States  Anti-Tank Gun  596
Allies  France  Anti-Tank Gun  99

Heavies

Axis  Germany  Heavy Tank  2,709
Allies  United Kingdom  Heavy Tank  1,501

And apparently the 232 is one vicious mother?

Axis  Germany  Scout Car  3,491
Allies  France  Scout Car  340
Allies  United States  Scout Car  986
Allies  United Kingdom  Scout Car  727

Axis pwns the TD field, which i assume is StuG's?

Axis  Germany  Tank Destroyer  1,774
Allies  United States  Tank Destroyer  563
Allies  France  Tank Destroyer  84
UK is apparently a no show?? Huh?

But apparently France has the deadliest truck on the battlefield
Allies  France  Truck  1
No one else has any kills with one.

I kind of wonder if CS&R is perhaps not exactly terribly accurate in tracking what does what.
At least 1 person has to have spawned a Achilles right? that is a TD, but it does not fit in stats at all apparently as the UK has no showing in TD's
Perhaps could it also be that axis has no showing for the newer panzers also? giving them no accountability to the numbers?
What about the heavy mortars? If those are CS tanks, are packs of roaming StuH's devastating the countryside killing everything?
Perhaps CS&R would have to have some much needed reworking before we can take terribly much from what it tells us about things?

Edited by Merlin51
1 person likes this

Axis    Germany  Heavy Mortar    3,025
Allies  United Kingdom  Heavy Mortar  275
Allies  United States  Heavy Mortar   735
Allies  France  Heavy Mortar   121

French 120mm heavy mortar:

120mmpuissant.jpg

brandt120mm.jpg

I'm glad to hear it's in-game, but surprised it has so few kills. :popcorn:

Edited by jwilly

way to cherry pick stats... even with all that, there's a huge difference

the reasons those particular axis unit classes are performing soo well is because there are no tanks, each of those units just fill a gap.

all are nowhere near as versatile as the allies S76, sherman, and stuart.

7 hours ago, OHM said:

Once i get a new set of TOE supply numbers we will be updating them to the game. 

if ya'll let us know the makeup beforehand, a lot of frustration could be avoided

removing all auto's from axis inf and putting them in hq is ridiculous, but ridiculous has been common practice lately.

7 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

@XOOM can you answer that, on who is and is not included on the counters for cap timer and SD?
logged in VS actually spawned in

Should all be based on those spawned into the game playing IIRC.