XOOM

OP: Spring Awakening (AAR)

13 posts in this topic

Hope you all had a blast, I know all of us RATS did! We had the highest numbers online since our Steam debut - friggin awesome! Thanks to all of you who could make it.

AAR Questions

1. What did you enjoy the most?
  2. What could have been better?
  3. What was the best battle?
  4. Was there enough leadership on your side?
  5. What did you play as the most?

If you have any screen shots please provide them as we'll be happy to feature them on social media.

good event. the most enjoyable, by far, was seeing so many players on each side. 3 AOs.  High pop is when the game truly shines and a lot of  regular whines just disappear or seem trivial compared to the overall action.

cant help but think that any new/ftp players might have seen the game at its best and might think about subbing. so perhaps longer events and/or events more often to get a pop spike is actually the best way to market the game, show-off the game and get a few more subs at whatever level. 

5 people like this

I played for maybe 30 mins and then had to leave. I was a smg spotting enemy tanks.

Maybe start it on a Saturday and run it through Sunday till 11.59 pm .

I could not log in early so missed most of it , but what I did saw was great. Got my 1st kills with a  Stuka G2 ,one was TMAN .

4 hours ago, XOOM said:

Hope you all had a blast, I know all of us RATS did! We had the highest numbers online since our Steam debut - friggin awesome! Thanks to all of you who could make it.

AAR Questions

1. What did you enjoy the most?
  2. What could have been better?
  3. What was the best battle?
  4. Was there enough leadership on your side?
  5. What did you play as the most?

If you have any screen shots please provide them as we'll be happy to feature them on social media.

1) # of people online.
2) Uhhh... honestly not sure. I was pretty satisfied.
3) Probably Grandpre, but I had a helluva lot of fun at Vireaux and especially Ste. Menehould, even though most of that was sitting around and waiting.
4) There were a lot of people forming up panzer columns and Stuka raids and etc., so probably? I run with a squad so I wasn't particularly lacking in direction.
5) 232 Scout Car providing recon for Panzer Column in Vireaux; PaK 36/Sapper in Grandpre; Fallschirmjager Sapper in Ste. Menehould.

Screenshots here as there were quite a few.

I only have feedback on point #2. Have the event during the evening U.S. time rather than during the day. It makes it pretty much impossible for some of us to attend due to wife, children, whatever. There has not been a single one i have attended over the years due to it always happening during the daytime.

I know you said that the event was live streamed. Is there gonna be any videos of it posted (besides the buzzard cam) ... from boots on ground view?

Great feedback.

We do intend to vary the days between Saturdays and Sundays and to vary the times.  Not sure about making the events longer but we are open to trying new ideas.  The problem I see with longer events is that we lose steam after a while and can't maintain the highest activity level...   It seemed to me that we lost gas after about 6 hours last Sunday. 

S!

Longer would be better (8-12 hours).  I was only able to play for a short while due to other obligations so I was bummed.  High player population is what makes this game so fun!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TMAN said:

Great feedback.

We do intend to vary the days between Saturdays and Sundays and to vary the times.  Not sure about making the events longer but we are open to trying new ideas.  The problem I see with longer events is that we lose steam after a while and can't maintain the highest activity level...   It seemed to me that we lost gas after about 6 hours last Sunday. 

S!

Well ja , maybe cause guys invested their Sunday and did play but you know Wife or the Girlfriend will start nagging sooner or later.

Choad is spot on , in what he said .

Also once Sunday evening rolls around we gotta get ready for next day work . Most of us I imagine have early start times.

Ideal start time maybe  Saturday afternoon run it till Sunday maybe 9pm or 10pm Central time. I think you would see huge battles all day and even big battles in time zone 3 , cause most could/ can sleep in on Sunday .

3 hours ago, choad said:

I know you said that the event was live streamed. Is there gonna be any videos of it posted (besides the buzzard cam) ... from boots on ground view?

There were RL schedule conflicts that prevented alternate streaming perspectives. 

Rustylk did stream it on his page....

I didn't get to log on as Sunday afternoon is family time or wife to do list time.  The suggestion of Saturday evening for a longer period of time sounds like a good idea. 

1 hour ago, CHIMM said:

There were RL schedule conflicts that prevented alternate streaming perspectives. 

Rustylk did stream it on his page....

Cool TY