• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
snappahead

support tanks

181 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, delems said:

*** You already win the vast majority of campaigns

Completely false.

Since map 100 record is 30-28-2.  No where close to a majority.

If we're going to cherry pick, at least explain the significance of map 100 as opposed to any other starting point you could have chosen, please.

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Capco said:

That's easily fixable.  Just keep the branch budgets separate.  

Give this power back to the HCs while fixing the problems that made it a headache.  Then CRS doesn't get to be the pincushion.  

yup...... its easier to fix HC's choosing problems than it is to create a whole new system..... put both systems together

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, augetout said:

I am fine with folks having opinions that differ from my own.  You should point out, however, that your assertions are opinions.  There may have been 'nothing wrong about the old ToE' from your viewpoint, but from others there sure was.  Your opinion is that 'the only imbalance is a $$$ value...' that YOU believe is 'completely irrelevant to the game world'.  To others, it is relevant.  Aside from the obvious fact that most players do not bother to post in these forums, overall the reaction to moving towards more historical spawn ratios has been positive, or positive with need of tweaks.  Those who believe as you do, (and this doesn't make you anymore incorrect or correct on this issue) are not the majority.  I mention this to bring context to the point that while your opinions matter, they really should be stated as such as opposed to having them pose as facts, and you should understand that most folks are in favor of historical accuracy wherever possible, thus you and others should be mindful of who falls under the umbrella that you and others are seeking to dismiss and/or insult into submission.

Your statements regarding the 88mm are accurate, provided the axis side just parks one in the middle of nowhere with no intentions regarding combined arms----when used as anything resembling an actual combined attack (or defense) the 'every unit is a counter' falls askance of accuracy, as most of said equipment has no prayer of wading through the sappers, ATGs, and Panzers that SHOULD be in between the 88s and whatever we are hoping to use to kill it/them.

The stug's model isn't conducive to cutting a depot.  None French tanks are conducive to hasty defenses.  None French tanks are capable of beating their german counterparts to high ground, or hull down positions outside of towns.  These 'issues' listed have been issues since the very beginning of the game.  Folks who didn't like it were told "it's historically accurate that your tanks are so slow, figure out a way around it".  Now, our French tanks are still slow, as is accurate, and the side that  wins the vast majority of campaigns thinks life is too hard because their Infantry brigades don't have enough panzers with MGs, despite it being an accurate depiction of 1940 german Infantry brigades, (less the horses).  The 232 works well in covering depots, provided the 88s and Stugs, etc., (in an Infantry brigade) have taken care of the Allied armor in that area.

Not having more panzers in your Infantry brigades does not preclude the axis from using combined arms, so your assertion that the axis wanting more panzers in Infantry brigades is due to the wish to use combined arms, does not match the facts.

I get that you're bent on insulting anyone who disagrees with your point of view.  Your definition of simulation being different than mine is duly noted.  Your opinions on why the Allies lose the majority of campaigns, and have over the entire time of the game's existence, (other than I guess for a period of time when I was not in-game, sadly), is also duly noted.  It's hard for me to believe that from the early days of this game the german side 'just has better players', but who knows, you might be right.  I've been hearing different variations on that (what I and I hope others would consider to be false) idea for 18 years now, and I have yet to see the folks who subscribe to this theory come over to the Allied side and 'show us how it is done'---at least not successfuly.

You are in the minority so your opinions dont mean as much..... sorry 

allies losing...... and hysterical spawnlists should be totally separate topics to put them together implies that hysterical spawnlists are being used to give allies more of an ability to win maps........ I hope thats not the case..... but i guess I wouldn't be surprised if it is...

7 minutes ago, kgarner said:

You are in the minority so your opinions dont mean as much..... sorry 

I happen to fully agree with @augetout. Does my opinion not matter as well because I haven't had the time to play much this last campaign, as you said in another thread. Also, "hysterical" spawn lists does not communicate your point well. I get that you disagree with them, no question there but calling the hard work of the Rats hysterical and calling out everyone who does not agree with you isn't constructive.  

I believe this discussion has reached its end. Be advised that TOE changes are inbound, just like new vehicles and weapons are inbound, just as a lot of stuff that change the game experience is inbound.

This game is constantly in flux - not only from a coding and rules perspective but from a population and attitude perspective as well. If you try to stay positive and perhaps refrain from scratching the scab of current woes, you might see that the big picture is somewhat rosier than it used to be. Short term fixes and tweaks are coming, soon. Big changes and new vistas are coming, soon.

And Ian, you can respond in some other thread to just how much history you really want.

2 people like this