matamor

Welcome to Turtles Wonderland

46 posts in this topic

Not a single town nor a softcap capped in the last 24 hours. Both sides play the trap. 

Allied OP last night and I organised para over Grandpré, none came and none drove FMS. 

Axis turtles all over the place and few axis werein Gent inviting allied turtles to stay there. 

I doubt it’s the game we want. 

Trap style in hockey is boring like in this game. Both sides wait for the other side to make the first error to make a move. Zzzz

20 minutes ago, matamor said:

Trap style in hockey is boring like in this game. Both sides wait for the other side to make the first error to make a move. Zzzz

Time to drop the gloves?

Image result for best hockey fights gif   Related image

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, matamor said:

Not a single town nor a softcap capped in the last 24 hours. Both sides play the trap. 

Allied OP last night and I organised para over Grandpré, none came and none drove FMS. 

Axis turtles all over the place and few axis werein Gent inviting allied turtles to stay there. 

<Shrug>  been blowing FBs for offense, first step to attack.

We would have had Sechault last night but the team was too hungry for the bunker and did not listen to calls to rescue the spawnable.

41 minutes ago, matamor said:

the map is stable

this is exactly what everyone has said that they want, no TZ3 rolls, no clubbing baby seals,  lots of balance

back in the days when allies were demanding 5 minutes of spawn delay to due to the large KGW/ASA ops I even predicted that this would happen, the game would have balance but it would just be 30 people fighting 30 other random people haphazardly

40 minutes ago, matamor said:

yes pop is so low now that the way to take a town isn't to assemble and push, but to wait until the other guy attacks then stealth cap a spawn at your AO and flood the town with infantry

Allied captured spawn on Nivelles, nobody spawned there, axis recaptured enemy spawn in 5 minutes.

Axis captured spawn on Philipville, nobody spawned there, allied recaptured enemy spawn in 3 minutes.

Right now this game is only playable the first week of campaign, or WBS event...

Edited by sydspain

28 minutes ago, sydspain said:

Allied captured spawn on Nivelles, nobody spawned there, axis recaptured enemy spawn in 5 minutes.

Axis captured spawn on Philipville, nobody spawned there, allied recaptured enemy spawn in 3 minutes.

Experienced that. It’s already very hard to cap spawn. Lol

Downloaded the game and I was thinking about coming back and play esporadically for trying out some of the new things. 

But I dont know now if it is worth it. Reading the forums is not precisely encouraging. 

29 minutes ago, erasmo said:

Downloaded the game and I was thinking about coming back and play esporadically for trying out some of the new things. 

But I dont know now if it is worth it. Reading the forums is not precisely encouraging. 

Just play sporadically then..........when 1.36 hit then see if its where you want it to be. Im sure 1.36 will have a good impact

2 people like this

1 minute ago, bmw said:

Just play sporadically then..........when 1.36 hit then see if its where you want it to be. Im sure 1.36 will have a good impact

Agreed. 

33 minutes ago, erasmo said:

I might sound discouraged cause im an old style rambo attacker and I feel frankly alone. 

1 person likes this

This last weekend some AEF got together and reminded some Axis that the non-stat (ie: matastat) folks can still man handle the lederhosen girly boys...

thats good cuz from my perspective it seems the allies have no shortage of statmor's ..... but even great statmor's are only as good as the leadership and organization around them.

To be expected I was out of town and not available for the axis.

:P

:)

S!

1 hour ago, bmw said:

1.36 only solves strategic issues: supply and HC

this turtling is a tactical problem. too much "stabilization" has made the game static

1 hour ago, matamor said:

I might sound discouraged cause im an old style rambo attacker and I feel frankly alone. 

i'm beginning to think "rambo" is a community slur for attackers. the guys saying it usually sit on the DO (heh)

Edited by major0noob

3 hours ago, erasmo said:

This is why we remove post , lock threads  because this player is discouraged from trying the game out again.   Negative post and threads hurt more than anything else ......   

2 people like this

I don't mean to be indelicate  - but you guyz in this thread (and many others) are bunch of whining, no-memory, no-perspective, self-absorbed, my-one-experience-today-is-the-whole-experience nattering nabobs of negativity. 

The map is static for 3/4 days whaaah. It was static for 3 weeks solid during the massively overpop steam launch time (and it was fun - remember Henning's Great Wall of Ciney - remember Pville changing hands 3 times in the same day? ) And it was totally static when I first logged in in 2002 for a month except someone capped Hellevoetius. 

Allies win in 7 days. Whaaa. Fenir's 4 Day War. Whaaa.  Axis roll 3 towns in TZ2 whaaa.  There's Tootsie Rolls and there's Turtles back & forth all the time. Always were. 

We all know the game has some issues - who doesn't? We all know the game needs to change and evolve, backwards and forwards. But mostly everyone already knows the game simply needs more players. Get online, and make something happen or at least spawn at one those under-utilized spawnables referenced above.  

Drop the gloves and fight. 

Image result for funny turtles gif

Edited by sorella
9 people like this

Being critical is being optimistic to see good things coming in.

We all want new players to embrace and sub into this game we cherish. If there is no action between sides cause both turtles all day without capturing a town, how could we attract and keep that younger gamers generation?

It's all about giving back some dynamic back to game, encourage people to create things up on map = raise the % of chance to capture a town for attackers then you might find your right answer why people sits on defense right now. I posted some good ideas in a different thread on how we could help people to attack more, to create action on map : double the numbers of AOs outside low pop is easy coding, it's even simpler than starting a campaign at tier3....

Edited by matamor
3 people like this

5 hours ago, kgarner said:

thats good cuz from my perspective it seems the allies have no shortage of statmor's ..... but even great statmor's are only as good as the leadership and organization around them.

forgive my ignorance but at times i can not keep up with all the abbreviation and slang. What is a Statmor?  (no disrespect intended). 

Edited by nc0gnet0

2 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

What is a Statmor?

Matamor's love for stats i guess?

9 hours ago, matamor said:

WWIOL, isn't it? Oh wait. 

3 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Matamor's love for stats i guess?

Get rid of stats available to the player base altogether, suddenly people don't care (nor should they) about stats. Would improve game play by eliminating those only playing for themselves and help encourage team play, and (gasp) winning a map. 

Stats are something a lot of players like. Personally I don't care for them but many do. No reason to remove things from your product that appeal to certain customers.

1 person likes this