• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
matamor

Welcome to Turtles Wonderland

46 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, OHM said:

This is why we remove post , lock threads  because this player is discouraged from trying the game out again.   Negative post and threads hurt more than anything else ......   

you guys need to understand criticism is not negative behaviors.

regardless of how civil and reasonable (like the locked rax thread) we can be, lumping every criticism as negative behavior is childish.

16 hours ago, erasmo said:

Downloaded the game and I was thinking about coming back and play esporadically for trying out some of the new things. 

But I dont know now if it is worth it. Reading the forums is not precisely encouraging. 

Dont worry, we have been promised thousands of old allied players will be returning now that the LMG has been fixed.......

18 hours ago, matamor said:

Not a single town nor a softcap capped in the last 24 hours. Both sides play the trap. 

Allied OP last night and I organised para over Grandpré, none came and none drove FMS. 

Axis turtles all over the place and few axis werein Gent inviting allied turtles to stay there. 

I doubt it’s the game we want. 

Defense is easy, so many gravitate towards it. 

Another issue is messaging - unless the HC is actively spreading word of the attacks (and by active I'm talking a specific .allied/.axis message) player will go where they are comfortable.  My squad has had some success when we get ourselves organized and push an attack, and make it sound like we're succeeding (even if we're having difficulties) after a while others start to swap out to the attack.

My understanding is that "proximity AO's" are not ready for 1.36.  Is that correct?  If so, you haven't "solved" the HC problem.

VR

17 minutes ago, B2K said:

Defense is easy, so many gravitate towards it. 

Another issue is messaging - unless the HC is actively spreading word of the attacks (and by active I'm talking a specific .allied/.axis message) player will go where they are comfortable.  My squad has had some success when we get ourselves organized and push an attack, and make it sound like we're succeeding (even if we're having difficulties) after a while others start to swap out to the attack.

My squad used to do this as well back before Map 159 - "The Hardest Campaign Ever" -  until they nearly all stopped playing.

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

17 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Dont worry, we have been promised thousands of old allied players will be returning now that the LMG has been fixed.......

Probably not thousands - though that would be cool. 

5 minutes ago, B2K said:

Probably not thousands - though that would be cool. 

Completely agree, it would be great to get more old players, and new players in game.

Hopefully the LMG is the first change, and more will follow, such as spawnlists which have so far solved the axis OP problem by seeming to have reduced the number of axis players.

S! Ian

44 minutes ago, csm308 said:

My understanding is that "proximity AO's" are not ready for 1.36.  Is that correct?  If so, you haven't "solved" the HC problem.

VR

proximity AO's are not in .36, however, the dependency upon HC to be online and a) provide supply (Flags) b ) provide AO placement will be removed.  While the auto-AO system isn't perfect, it does function. 

1.36 will change a lot if we dont have 100 moveable brigades next to town supply.

Town supply means ciney is 1 ab of supply vs 3 attacker abs. So it constantly switches sides.. 3-5 times a day. Although it can be annoying at least youll have a sense of achievement within a gaming session.

30 minutes ago, monsjoex said:

1.36 will change a lot if we dont have 100 moveable brigades next to town supply.

Town supply means ciney is 1 ab of supply vs 3 attacker abs. So it constantly switches sides.. 3-5 times a day. Although it can be annoying at least youll have a sense of achievement within a gaming session.

That’s awful gameplay. If I wanted to play the same arena over and over I’d play Battlefield.

Edited by Capco

16 minutes ago, Capco said:

That’s awful gameplay. If I wanted to play the same arena over and over I’d play Battlefield.

Capco please, don’t p00 in my thread. 

48 minutes ago, monsjoex said:

Totally agreed. I remember you and I on flaming post-2007 ToEs discussions we had over years and I must admit that Im very happy on the evolution you took regarding this. 

I urge 6tearzzz mentality to end now and welcome 1.36 with best feelings.

2 minutes ago, matamor said:

Capco please, don’t p00 in my thread. 

I mean, compared to the turtle game, Ciney changing hands 5 times a day would be an improvement, sure.

It’s still not ideal or worthwhile gameplay. If I knew ahead of time that the AO I’m about to partake in would simply be recapped in an hour, I wouldn’t partake to begin with. 

Lasting results is a cornerstone of this game. In lieu of that, there are better FPS options.

5 minutes ago, Capco said:

I mean, compared to the turtle game, Ciney changing hands 5 times a day would be an improvement, sure.

It’s still not ideal or worthwhile gameplay. If I knew ahead of time that the AO I’m about to partake in would simply be recapped in an hour, I wouldn’t partake to begin with. 

Lasting results is a cornerstone of this game. In lieu of that, there are better FPS options.

These towns changing hands are very exciting. 

My thread pinpoints the boringness of turtles gameplay. Check by looking at stats on kills made on webmap since sunday. Never seen them so low. Below 2.5k for each side in 24h. Lol

Give 1.36 a chance mon ami. I am still looking for you to help me create panic with me in an axis bunker near us soon (c) !!

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, matamor said:

These towns changing hands are very exciting. 

My thread pinpoints the boringness of turtles gameplay. Check by looking at stats on kills made on webmap since sunday. Never seen them so low. Below 2.5k for each side in 24h. Lol

Give 1.36 a chance mon ami. I am still looking for you to help me create panic with me in an axis bunker near us soon (c) !!

I finally have time to get on today and should have more time for the foreseeable future.

I fully support 1.36 in intent. Don’t take comments like the above as a sign of anything otherwise. I can be skeptical about certain things while being welcoming of the rest.

Speaking of poutine eaters, I’ll be going after @Lob12 to come back once 1.36 gets to beta.

S! 

4 minutes ago, matamor said:

Great stuff cap! S! Ill be on too later on

I may be out to Vaudreuil soon... keep your head down as I go through. ;)

I will be tossing poutine everywhere. Might get on tonight.....been out of town and crazy busy.

:)

S! 

38 minutes ago, Elfin said:

I will be tossing poutine everywhere. Might get on tonight.....been out of town and crazy busy.

S! 

taberwit d'hostie! Check-toi donc les agasses pissettes a' Vaudreuil. 

allez les glorieux. 

Image result for montreal canadiens french memes

2 hours ago, Elfin said:

S! 

Salute ddz for me!

1 hour ago, sorella said:

allez les glorieux. 

Lol

1 hour ago, matamor said:

Salute ddz for me!

Lol

Unfortunately, they are mostly all gone. Grasmaster and I are the only one's left I think. Loonie comes in every now and again. Not sure how long this group will last. Likely head to BK, if nothing changes with 1.36. 

S!

3 hours ago, sorella said:

allez les glorieux. 

Harrr !!! lol.

They may make the playoffs.... it will be close.

S!