dandare9

LW Garrison

7 posts in this topic

I presume when the rules state that a LW garrison can only be deployed at a second line town, it does not mean that if the airfield becomes a front line town, that it is immediately pulled out. The situation, in this case, being that the allies are pushing the front towards the airfield. However, I understand that an attacking force taking an airfield cannot get an air garrison to the airfield upon taking it until it is buffered.

Dandare9

I would be interested to know as well, don't remember it being addressed in the rat chat.

Once an airfield becomes frontline, the Air garrison will become inactive. The Army, Naval and Airborne Garrisons will remain

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Once an airfield becomes frontline, the Air garrison will become inactive. The Army, Naval and Airborne Garrisons will remain

This is correct @dandare9, and there's no difference in how LW or Allied Air Force Garrisons work, exactly the same with the rules and frontlines vs not.

Just an FYI, Air Brigades will stay until "bounced" like they are now.

*** Once an airfield becomes frontline, the Air garrison will become inactive.

So they will stay, but can't use them ?

9 hours ago, delems said:

*** Once an airfield becomes frontline, the Air garrison will become inactive.

So they will stay, but can't use them ?

Their supply will be unusable, that's the definition of deactivated. Once you buffer the Air Field, that supply will become available again.

Paratroopers are an exception however, you will still be able to use Paratroopers at an unbuffered Air Field to promote more usage of them.

1 person likes this