enemytank

How to eliminate Tiger with a rifleman (and ppos)

23 posts in this topic

LOL!

I recently was in a truck when we hit some barbed wire strung across the road. Had to laugh at that one, somebody clever got us good :)

1 person likes this

Noted... *starts writing orders for a f*** ton of barbed wire to AHC*

3 people like this

Yep, and the bob the builders want more barbed wire etc so they can completely prevent anyone in their side leaving the ABs ever again. Ridiculous

S! ian

1 person likes this

*dangles medallion and takes a deep breath*

Hi, my name is Bob and I'm a builder.

Support Group: Hi, Bob!

Okay, these are obstacles which can be destroyed by HE from a tanks main gun.

I am sure some PPOs have been inappropriately placed but I don't think there is an intent to wall off our own AB to prevent fellow gamers the ability to drive thru or around an obstscle.

When I build anything that is tight for armor, I leave an avenue for their exit as well as a gun emplacement to cover that opening as a door opens both ways.

I would hope that no one would unsub based upon another gamers post. If you choose to quit, that's on you. I hope you stay.

Ian is a real good egg that I've known for over a decade. 

See you on the battlefield, 

tex

8 hours ago, enemytank said:

realistic...

Built out of a wing spar from a DB7?

Why didn’t he shoot a HE shell on the ground? It clears it all in one shot. Or the watcher could have thrown a grenade. 

the tank traps and gun emplacement just need one sachel to be removed (each rifleman carry one of these) 

if you see someone intentionally making abuse of PPOs, report it with .report <message> to warn game moderators who are 24/24 online 

did you see this? 

SShot550.jpg

I was in a sherman with the commander out, a rifleman found me and, instead of shooting the commander, started building. Thankfully I noticed before the PPOs grew too thick.

My issues with the ppos is why players are having more fun building forts than actually FIGHTING....

8 hours ago, tex64 said:

*dangles medallion and takes a deep breath*

Hi, my name is Bob and I'm a builder.

Support Group: Hi, Bob!

Okay, these are obstacles which can be destroyed by HE from a tanks main gun.

I am sure some PPOs have been inappropriately placed but I don't think there is an intent to wall off our own AB to prevent fellow gamers the ability to drive thru or around an obstscle.

When I build anything that is tight for armor, I leave an avenue for their exit as well as a gun emplacement to cover that opening as a door opens both ways.

I would hope that no one would unsub based upon another gamers post. If you choose to quit, that's on you. I hope you stay.

Ian is a real good egg that I've known for over a decade. 

See you on the battlefield, 

tex

Hi Tex, thanks for sharing with the group! :)

Since the sort of thing I am talking about are tank barriers and sand bags placed in the middle of AB entrances I don't think they are accidentally blocking the exits. If you blow them up to clear the gateway the guys rebuild them. They are deliberately placed - I presume they think it will stop the AB from being camped?

Trying to get a defensive fru set up is difficult enough, without combating the many PPOs littering the entrances and roads around urban ABs. And since the opel doesn't have 88mm HE one cant just blast away until the exit is clear as suggested else where. Actually, I suppose this is a good thing, since it forces the defenders to actually have to do some cooperative team work, spawning a bofors and an engineer to HE and satchel the obstructions to allow the third defender to drive a truck out to set a Def Fru or Blow the FB?

S! Ian 

Edited by ian77

Would it be possible to alter how certain PPO is destroyed? For instance, even the lightest tanks should be able to destroy Barbed Wire, Boxwire, Sandbags with their sheer weight rolling over them? They're not "Tank traps".

The colliders are by default impervious to collision damage I believe. Devs  would require code to allow kinetic energy to destroy ppos.

I thought this was gonna be one of those .... clip HE charge into a creeping tiger threads. But that was pretty cool as well .... unless you are the guy driving the tiger. If you built it close enough around him, he may just figure he was tracked.

17 hours ago, jet2019 said:

Reminded me of the many DACs i have rolled off axis trees.

Those sneaky axis tree hugging forest rangers! :) 

On 3/27/2019 at 1:07 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

Why didn’t he shoot a HE shell on the ground? It clears it all in one shot. Or the watcher could have thrown a grenade. 

the tank traps and gun emplacement just need one sachel to be removed (each rifleman carry one of these) 

if you see someone intentionally making abuse of PPOs, report it with .report <message> to warn game moderators who are 24/24 online 

did you see this? 

SShot550.jpg

If that was placed by the defenders, that's legit, the point of barbed wire is to slow attackers down and channel them, and reduce the amount of people you need to defend a place or a line.

2 people like this

On 3/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, Kilemall said:

If that was placed by the defenders, that's legit, the point of barbed wire is to slow attackers down and channel them, and reduce the amount of people you need to defend a place or a line.

30 minutes ago, rebel357 said:

It was defended and was very effective :)

On 3/27/2019 at 5:12 AM, jet2019 said:

My issues with the ppos is why players are having more fun building forts than actually FIGHTING....

Some players like to build stuff. Some players like to drive trucks. Others like to drive tanks and planes.  Granted, most like to fight, kill stuff and blow things up.  But the range and amount of the new ppos has added a whole new element/dimension to the game and does attract a lot of new players. And some old - as shown by the original SgtHenning's Great Wall of Ciney back at Steam launch. 

I'm just waiting for the other part of this thread: "How to Eliminate A Rifleman With A Tiger". 

1 person likes this

On 27.3.2019 at 7:07 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

did you see this? 

SShot550.jpg

because you need a direct hit on them. mostly close hits (even with 88mm HE shells) will not destroy the PPOs

I've put wire across roads. That mess of wire and wood WOULD wreck a truck, tangling in the wheels and chassis. At the very least it should stop it (perhaps depending on speed). It's useful along river roads and just over hilltops to prevent trucks sneaking in behind a bank or tearing full pelt into town. Also useful putting box wire either side in the bushes in case they spot the wire and try to bypass it!
I don't consider I'm exploiting anything with that BUT - I do agree a tank should be able to roll straight over it. 
I've only every been truck fishing so far, though.