• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
OHM

Updated Supply

70 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, matamor said:

If I don't talk now, I would have to troll someone else's thread... so

My 2 cents : 50% too much armors in infantry brigade and armored brigades and not enough sappers.

It's either one or the other (imo too much armor after the early tiers; the overall ratio of armor to infantry is perfect in those early tiers @BMBM). 

You can't have less than 10 pieces of armor and then 20 sappers + ATGs and expect people to want to tank.  

Edited by Capco

5 hours ago, Capco said:

It's either one or the other (imo too much armor after the early tiers; the overall ratio of armor to infantry is perfect in those early tiers @BMBM). 

You can't have less than 10 pieces of armor and then 20 sappers + ATGs and expect people to want to tank.  

Dunno I agree with matamor here. As of know the Axis in T0 have 69 peices of armor. Yes 20 of those are PzIIc, but that's still a lot of armor (especially given the game population numbers).

One thing that I was most surprised about when I came back after my hiatus was the high tank numbers. I remember back in the day that the tank numbers were half of what we have now. I guess only time will tell and we will have to readjust as necessary.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:52 PM, jwilly said:

Perhaps eventually offroad terrain will be "softer", though...implemented via a Drag Factor that takes ground pressure into account.

If/when that occurs, tracked and halftracked vehicles will have much better offroad mobility than AWD trucks, and 2WD trucks will have essentially no offroad mobility except for very light vehicle types with minimal payload.

Obviously that couldn't happen until several other development steps were ready to go.

This is an example of how unit value is different due to game modeling vs. reality- the money the real countries spent to get tracks does not 'pay off' here.

2 hours ago, aismov said:

One thing that I was most surprised about when I came back after my hiatus was the high tank numbers. I remember back in the day that the tank numbers were half of what we have now. I guess only time will tell and we will have to readjust as necessary.

I was too!!! When I saw 32 baby sherms in an armor bde I was STUNNED.

I think overall we're good with somewhat less armor, but I respect the idea that tankers should almost always be able to tank.

7 hours ago, Capco said:

Whats the amount of rpats i too impatient to count but there are far too many ingame now....rpats are the ultimate in ez mode no matter what side you play and have singlehanded tipped the scales way over to a point we cant get armor within 1k of town on attacks

1 person likes this

One problem with ratioing HEAT-projector weapons is that they don't work realistically yet. Scotsman wrote about a need for a correction-review of their damage code, which AFAIK hasn't been implemented. In correct calculations, the energy used in penetration and the energy to cause damage will come from the same "pool". So, a weapon that can penetrate 50mm best case, fired against 50mm armor, may make a pinhole penetration with a whisp of harmless smoke coming out of it inside the tank, but that's all.

Also, HEAT devices don't yet produce lethal fragments/molten splash out to a realistic distance from point of impact, particularly along the axis of impact. Once realistic, that will tend to force shooters to be farther away if they want to survive, which will cause them to have to deal with flight trajectories, and should bring angle-of-impact fuzing issues into play.

BMBM AFAIK can't fix any of those issues.

DE had and should have more schreks for the same reason as US had and has more semis. FR has a few too many (to be fixed) while the UK and US are spot on.

WRT armor numbers, count the high performers and leave out the middling stuff for a better comparison.

1 person likes this

On 3/28/2019 at 8:52 PM, jwilly said:

Perhaps eventually offroad terrain will be "softer", though...implemented via a Drag Factor that takes ground pressure into account.

If/when that occurs, tracked and halftracked vehicles will have much better offroad mobility than AWD trucks, and 2WD trucks will have essentially no offroad mobility except for very light vehicle types with minimal payload.

Obviously that couldn't happen until several other development steps were ready to go.

That Can happen, but it can not happen before a point where hatch is able to audit all the ground vehicles first, because if they are not correct  in that aspect
of the physics, you will have units doing what they should not, and units unable to do what they should, kind of randomly.
(meaning like a truck that flies across marshland, where as some particular tank unit can not even get across a field)

That aspect of things did not get a lot of proper attention in years past, so there is a good bit of work for hatch to do vehicle wise 1st, before we can then make changes to test with the ground physics.

I think these new supply lists have addressed some of the concerns that players had with the previous lists, and CRS should be thanked for listening to its customers.

I also think there might still  be a couple changes needed with the new lists, but more at the tweak level now, instead of major changes.  So I believe we can probably wait until town-based supply changes come out first,  and see what impact that will have on supply, before getting into any details with these new lists.  

But overall, these new lists seem more balanced now, and they are an improvement over the situation we had previously.

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, BMBM said:

DE had and should have more schreks for the same reason as US had and has more semis.

CRS has said in the past that the panzerschreck represents, until further development, not only its own numbers (relatively small) but also the panzerfaust family (lots).

However, FWIW, while historically there were considerably more German HEAT-projector weapons made than either bazookas or PIATs, I've seen info in the past indicating that the combined number of German panzerschreck and panzerfaust rounds fired on all fronts was about equal to the number of PIAT rounds fired (of all types), and the number of German rounds fired was a small fraction of the number of bazooka rounds fired...the great majority of which were fired as anti-personnel grenades.

The Germans, in spite of maximum production, constantly were short on infantry AT weapons/rounds at the front lines, and had a standing order that firing a panzerschreck or panzerfaust for a reason other than to destroy a tank was prohibited and punishable with court martial. That's very different from the British and American approaches, which amounted to "shoot all you want, we'll send more ammo".

Edited by jwilly

Interesting. I’d appreciate the source if you can dig it up.

I guess we’ll have to model court martials then  :D

27 minutes ago, BMBM said:

Interesting. I’d appreciate the source if you can dig it up.

I think it might have been a reference that @Scotsman mentioned?

1 hour ago, BMBM said:

I guess we’ll have to model court martials then  :D

That can be right after you finish everything else. S!

Supply seems better.

Now that we got a week before 1.36; lets move base capture timer to 2 min (if not 1 min) and have fun the last week of TOEs.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:17 PM, BMBM said:

DE had and should have more schreks for the same reason as US had and has more semis. FR has a few too many (to be fixed) while the UK and US are spot on.

WRT armor numbers, count the high performers and leave out the middling stuff for a better comparison.

Were u camped too much I think you fear the old days of columns

1 person likes this

the shrek is our only defense against shermaggadon......... allies have lots of armor ......axis should have lots of shreks......if anything we need more shreks

i have to tell you, when i am on allied side, the axis are coming with p4g as if there is no tomorrow B)

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, kgarner said:

the shrek is our only defense against shermaggadon......... allies have lots of armor ......axis should have lots of shreks......if anything we need more shreks

Ok
10700304_10154665644540183_2359334464494

oh.... i B shrekin..... just watch the last 10 mins of mitch's last stream ;).... I like to think I have inspired a whole new generation of noobs to get their shrek on

17 minutes ago, parasit said:

i have to tell you, when i am on allied side, the axis are coming with p4g as if there is no tomorrow B)

i don't believe it...... and if there is some truth to it....... shermaggadon is in a whole other class of tank zerg than p4orgy

4 minutes ago, kgarner said:

oh.... i B shrekin..... just watch the last 10 mins of mitch's last stream ;).... I like to think I have inspired a whole new generation of noobs to get their shrek on

Its ultimate ez mode and i would take alot less shermans in return to ALOT less rpats that includes both side btw so no this isnt just an allied thing

1 person likes this

Few nights ago i fired piat from depo fire escape like it was a rifle and killed a few 4gs and a tiger over just a few missions....total joke

1 person likes this

axis need and use the shrek wayyyyyyyyy more than the allies use or need their zooks

We could have a new infantry avatar for it?
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
Just imagine this little guy popping out from behind a bush