OHM

Updated Supply

70 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

We could have a new infantry avatar for it?
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
Just imagine this little guy popping out from behind a bush

hell fugin yes! that's a skin I would pay for 100% :-p

25 minutes ago, kgarner said:

axis need and use the shrek wayyyyyyyyy more than the allies use or need their zooks

Your trolling or doing some sort of a whiney troll act....both sides use it and need it just not at the numbers ingame Its to overpowered and prominent out in the fields....lower the number 

1 person likes this

naw...... axis kill x2.5 more ets with shrek than allies kill with zooks and axis spawn shrek 2.5 times more than allies spawn zooks............ so yup axis need it more

shermaggadom is already ridiculous enough with the small amount of shreks we have....... should probably be at least 1 shrek in the spawn for every sherman.  so up the number x2 36 shreks would be right around perfect.

52 minutes ago, kgarner said:

shermaggadom is already ridiculous enough with the small amount of shreks we have....... should probably be at least 1 shrek in the spawn for every sherman.  so up the number x2 36 shreks would be right around perfect.

i think there is only 10 sherman m4a2 and 4 sherman m4a3, least that was all we had last night in i think Ath?

4 minutes ago, kgarner said:

spawned in at one time you mean..... ha ha good one

No, in the spawn pool
You know you can see the allied spawn pools without logging in as allied
BEGM shows you rdp and TOE and stuff

edit:
I do not recall what brigade i was in, was a US brigade
but the TOE listed 10 M4A2 4 M4A3 and i do not remember the number of stuarts or vickers or M10's

Edited by Merlin51

1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

No, in the spawn pool
You know you can see the allied spawn pools without logging in as allied
BEGM shows you rdp and TOE and stuff

edit:
I do not recall what brigade i was in, was a US brigade
but the TOE listed 10 M4A2 4 M4A3 and i do not remember the number of stuarts or vickers or M10's

Infantry has 10 Sherman M4A2 and 4 Sherman M4A3

Armored has 24 Sherman M4A2 and 16 Sherman M4A3

HQ has 6 Sherman M4A2 and 6 Sherman M4A3

ok, i will concede ...... keep the number of shreks where they are at and up the ammo from 4 to 6 rounds.

Anything but more RPATs. 

Don't get me wrong - they fill a specific niche. They are invaluable for defending a FMS, or dealing with armour in town. They are often one of the best available solutions to spawn-camping armour, and should remain that.

However, i feel that having an RPAT hunt you down 1.5-2 km out of town when you are behind your ZOC and cautiously approaching town is just gamey. We don't have enough players to ever establish a proper defensive line, so RPATs can just roam the countryside as long as they are willing to invest the time to get out of town in a moderately circuitous route.

I'd love to see the ability to fire an RPAT limited to say... 400M from a friendly FMS or any CP. That way, it can still be played in town or used to defend your FMS, but prevents near-invisible, silent tank hunting out in the open country. Past 400M, enemy armour can be dealt with by friendly armour or guns.

2 people like this

The number of people that use RPATS outnumber the tanker pop...

18 not enough, when 5 out-killed every tank. Come on.

2 people like this

Almost 500,000 bazookas of the several marks were built during the mid-1942 to 1945 period. A few went to Russia, the French Resistance, the British, the Canadians and others, but most were used by American troops. 

About 280,000 panzerschrecks were built.

115,000 PIATs were built.

About 6.7 million panzerfausts of all marks were built.

The panzerfausts of course were single shot. They were heavy enough that a man rarely carried more than one, and rarely carried both a panzerfaust and a rifle. They were the only weapon of this type that didn't require a second crewman.

The bazooka and PIAT both were heavy enough that the gunner generally didn't carry a rifle, and all the ammo was carried by the loader. All PIATs and most bazookas could not be safely carried while loaded.

The panzerschreck was considerably heavier...enough so that it substantially limited mobility. The rockets also were heavy. The loader sometimes wore a wooden back-pack holding rack that allowed him to carry three rockets. Without that rack, the common carry number was one or two. The panzerschreck had the same safety limitations on movement while loaded as the bazooka and PIAT.

Bazooka rockets were much lighter. Loaders sometimes carried up to eight, depending on the tactical situation.

PIAT rounds were carried in waterproof cardboard tubes, distributed in sets of three. The loader carried either three or six rounds, depending on tactical needs.

The panzerschreck had only HEAT rounds. The bazooka had both HEAT and WP rounds, though the latter was not widely available in Europe. The PIAT had three generally available round types: HEAT, an HE round that was said to have the same blast as a 25 pounder shell, and a large WP smoke/incendiary/antipersonnel round.

I'm still looking for the reference I've seen before on production numbers for the rounds.

Edited by jwilly
Double-checked the panzerschreck loader rocket rack, it held three, not four.
2 people like this

3 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Almost 500,000 bazookas of the several marks were built during the mid-1942 to 1945 period. A few went to Russia, the French Resistance, the British, the Canadians and others, but most were used by American troops. 

About 280,000 panzerschrecks were built.

115,000 PIATs were built.

About 6.7 million panzerfausts of all marks were built.

The panzerfausts of course were single shot. They were heavy enough that a man rarely carried more than one, and rarely carried both a panzerfaust and a rifle. They were the only weapon of this type that didn't require a second crewman.

The bazooka and PIAT both were heavy enough that the gunner generally didn't carry a rifle, and all the ammo was carried by the loader. All PIATs and most bazookas could not be safely carried while loaded.

The panzerschreck was considerably heavier...enough so that it considerably limited mobility. The rockets also were heavy. The loader sometimes wore a wooden back-pack holding rack that allowed him to carry four rockets. It had the same safety limitations on movement while loaded.

Bazooka rockets were much lighter. Loaders sometimes carried up to eight, depending on the tactical situation.

PIAT rounds were carried in waterproof cardboard tubes, three to a pack. The loader carried either three or six, depending on tactical needs.

The panzerschreck had only HEAT rounds. The bazooka had both HEAT and WP rounds, though the latter was not widely available in Europe. The PIAT had three generally available round types: HEAT, an HE round that was said to have the same blast as a 25 pounder shell, and a large WP smoke/incendiary/antipersonnel round.

I'm still looking for the reference I've seen before on production numbers for the rounds.

RPATs, the way they are modeled in this game, is a travesty. 

2 people like this

Just now, Mosizlak said:

RPATs, the way they are modeled in this game, is a travesty. 

As is the current damage mechanism for all HEAT weapons, but presumably that'll be fixed.

Lots of stuff is being improved, as fast as priorities allow.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, jwilly said:

As is the current damage mechanism for all HEAT weapons, but presumably that'll be fixed.

Lots of stuff is being improved, as fast as priorities allow.

I know, but I thought zooks would be run as teams. A firer and a loader, not the rambo abomination we have now. 

Realism out the window with this unit lol

3 people like this

spawn lists will never play right even if they look right on paper because historical spawnlists only enhance the experience from the perspective of a roleplaying board gamer that wants historical immersion

not a bad thing in itself but people don't seem to want to acknowledge that this is a FPS game

the proper thing to do with a MMOFPS would be to take the historical period units and build a game with a roughly balanced triad of tanks, ATGs, and infantry

that has never been the focus though, tanks are still either overwhelmingly dominant and ruining every little skirmish, or they're  sitting ducks unable to defend themselves let alone cover others

there is no in-between or give-and-take, same thing with ATGs they are slaughtered meters from their spawn points when they should be the first and most efficient defense against tanks

which leads players to do the smart thing and just counter tanks with infantry

shermageddon + 500m superelevated schreck kills (because the game doesn't model gravity properly) does not magically balance out to make a fun and stable FPS, you just get wild swings in dominance and complaints from both extreme ends

1.36 in a week........ spawnlists will be completely differen't then so......... gonna have to find a whole new balancing act....... for pretty much everything

6 hours ago, kgarner said:

ok, i will concede ...... keep the number of shreks where they are at and up the ammo from 4 to 6 rounds.

Shreks are highly over rated, i found something 10 times deadlier.

AI Towers

All i did was bump one, and BOOM!! i sploded

And it was friendly AI, hate to see if it was enemy

11 hours ago, jwilly said:

The loader sometimes wore a wooden back-pack holding rack that allowed him to carry three rockets. Without that rack, the common carry number was one or two.

More: racks like this were not factory made. They were fabricated by the combat units, or by local woodworkers wherever the combat units were operating., based on somewhat general "drawings" sent out from Germany to inspire that field fabrication;

Some racks held five rockets, not three:

pz333.jpg

pz334.jpg

1 person likes this