parasit

twitch

14 posts in this topic

I barely see anyone play wwiiol on Twitch. You should try to recruit some twitch influencers on Twitch to play wwiiol. Offer them a free account and see where it leads.

We have at least one that is a part of the team (BeardedMitch).. I have only done it a couple times.. Should get into doing it more when I have time to play on the live server 

You, CRS guys, should create a wwiiol account on Twitch and maybe stream like StreamerHouse all stream over the same channel.

But, best would really be to have one with a lot followers present that game to them. Or, at least pay twitch that you'll be in the front.

I would be careful here. This isn't a situation if "build it and they will come." You have to stream good action on Twitch to attract viewers. As far as WWIIOL is concerned since it is a more slow-play MilSim game you are really looking at meshing multiple accounts with live editing. 

9 minutes ago, aismov said:

I would be careful here. This isn't a situation if "build it and they will come." You have to stream good action on Twitch to attract viewers. As far as WWIIOL is concerned since it is a more slow-play MilSim game you are really looking at meshing multiple accounts with live editing. 

like this?  seems interesting
https://blog.twitch.tv/squad-stream-the-next-way-to-play-and-watch-together-32d9ad2ac555

twitching would be fun.... love to do it.... but how do you get people to watch?

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

twitching would be fun.... love to do it.... but how do you get people to watch?

That is the 64 million dollar question.
You could be playing the most awesome game in the world, and no one will watch you, and yet some other guy could be playing an atari 2600 playing ET
and have 1 million viewers.

It depends on how engaging and entertaining you are, more than the game itself you are playing.
Might also try steaming naked, it works for @ryman89

Edited by Merlin51

3 hours ago, kgarner said:

Tell all your friends, all vets here and anyone else to watch/subscribe your channel. Once you have +100 subscribers, you might get promoted to the front side and then it goes fast.

As for CRS, they could make some ad and get the attention this way. In my understanding, it's not expensive.

54 minutes ago, knucks said:

The game is fatiguing to watch, almost as much to play.

I like to watch this game, check out this video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399136445

12 hours ago, SCKING said:

http://twitch.tv/ww2game is the twitch for official wwiionline streams

Finally, you should give access to the WWII online twitch account for streaming or share streamers on there. Have all streamers give you their account and add them to your friends list. Then you can automate the streams, meaning if someone starts streaming wwiiol you share them on your account. This would be cheap to do (zero) and effective.

Edited by parasit

I'd totally stream....... maybe I am a bit conceded but I am 100% certain that basically all of my sorties are x100 more intense than sayyyyyy "a knife only challenge".  If all I have to do is play the game and run a program..... and someone else does all the rest.... im down :).  I'd watch matamor if he streamed or syds or dfire or maybe even chau90 (i guess, even though he plays for the wrong team most of the time).  Nothing would fire up old vets, thinking of returning, morethen 'elites pwning' streams and videos that are easily found for any that might be searching

Edited by kgarner

18 hours ago, parasit said:

I like to watch this game, check out this video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399136445

I do too, I was in the whole steam last night during the event. People who aren't use to the game, aren't use to the clunkiness while get disoriented. The movement, gunplay, and yes the graphics aren't nearly as smooth as something like Squad or ARMA, it takes quite the strain on the eyes. The game would fair much better to an audience if there was in-game comms to keep you entertained and knowing what's going on on the battlefield.

On 3/31/2019 at 2:30 PM, knucks said:

I do too, I was in the whole steam last night during the event. People who aren't use to the game, aren't use to the clunkiness while get disoriented. The movement, gunplay, and yes the graphics aren't nearly as smooth as something like Squad or ARMA, it takes quite the strain on the eyes. The game would fair much better to an audience if there was in-game comms to keep you entertained and knowing what's going on on the battlefield.

Not to mention that most twitch viewers stay for the personality, and not necessarily the game.

There is a reason why pewdiepie has millions of views of him doing pretty much nothing... ppl like his "personality"

On 3/31/2019 at 0:57 PM, kgarner said:

I'd totally stream....... maybe I am a bit conceded but I am 100% certain that basically all of my sorties are x100 more intense than sayyyyyy "a knife only challenge".  If all I have to do is play the game and run a program..... and someone else does all the rest.... im down :).  I'd watch matamor if he streamed or syds or dfire or maybe even chau90 (i guess, even though he plays for the wrong team most of the time).  Nothing would fire up old vets, thinking of returning, morethen 'elites pwning' streams and videos that are easily found for any that might be searching

I am game to stream but a least doing some videos posted on Youtube. Who knows. Just the time is missing cause I want to pad my retreat fund$!