• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
dfire

Your Favorite Town To Fight In During High Pop

27 posts in this topic

Write it below. ONLY ONE! No listing top 3, 5, etc.

I know it's hard to narrow down, and I went back and forth a couple times.

I'll go first:

Berry Au Bac. I remember some very fun battles there over the years.

Charleville.  It is Lafayette Federation's "hometown", and many awesome battles have taken place there over the years.

S!

34 minutes ago, dfire said:

Berry Au Bac. I remember some very fun battles there over the years.

i remember when it was off on its own in the wilderness and you had to make that long [censored] drive there with no cover lol

my fav?
Dinant VS Anhee
no FB's massive fighting in the country between the 2 towns

1 person likes this

Dinant. 

Did not play in a while, but I believe it is Dinant the town separated by the river, where on one side there is a very steep hill. Right ? Many fun little battles and skirmishes  for the control of said hill I remember. 

But the best of it all is training a bunch of squishies loaded in my Opel how to fly. They quickly found they forgot their parachutes. Free-fall is amazing lol

Although for that purpose Dover and it's cliffs are the best spot to train squishies how to fly. 

Edited by bogol

yeah haybes probably..... andenne is where i spent allllllllot of time in the old days though

Even though Marche is a [censored] to cap, I always enjoyed the big slugfests there in high pop.  With a good setup that town could provide fun for hours.  

Willemstad. Its got a castle, harbor, everything. Its on a frickin peninsula!

2 people like this

Roermond.

Fighting in Roermond implies the Allies hold Roermond West, and you end up with a massive river crossing op with a large amounts of players confined in a small area. Mortars raining everywhere, each side trying to control the river and either build or destroy the bridge depending on strength. Some of the best fights in the game for me, but far, far too rare.

Haybes. 88mms falling like raindrops, banzai charges flooding down from the south hill, and massive air strikes when 4wing gets arsed to do it.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:52 PM, caydel said:

Roermond.

Fighting in Roermond implies the Allies hold Roermond West, and you end up with a massive river crossing op with a large amounts of players confined in a small area. Mortars raining everywhere, each side trying to control the river and either build or destroy the bridge depending on strength. Some of the best fights in the game for me, but far, far too rare.

Yes this is always epic. 

Ive been trying to get the rats to set up a remagen/unkel intermission. Same cross river concept as roermond east and west, but you get giant hills and many flanks to go on. I dont think airfields are far either. I know many players would really have fun with that intermission setup 

^^@XOOM

Edited by dfire
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, rodsantos said:

@sorella These maps are great! Are they accessible freely online? 

brilliant maps by a brilliant long-timer we like to call 'FIVE'. and yes of course - free and online at the WWIIOL WIki (and other places I'm sure). FIVE's maps, are also the spine of the SNIPER62 & John new web-map. 

https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Five's_AI_Maps

for some really old stuff but mostly dead links check out:  http://www.battlegroundtools.com/   and/or

http://www.battlegroundtools.com/documents/Altitudes-128.pdf

We old-timers and vets are so old sometime we don't collect all the info in a easy place. or don't let new players know about it enough. Or new players are too lazy. Or all three. 

See you in Val de Vesle! S! 

7 hours ago, sorella said:

brilliant maps by a brilliant long-timer we like to call 'FIVE'. and yes of course - free and online at the WWIIOL WIki (and other places I'm sure). FIVE's maps, are also the spine of the SNIPER62 & John new web-map. 

https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Five's_AI_Maps

for some really old stuff but mostly dead links check out:  http://www.battlegroundtools.com/   and/or

http://www.battlegroundtools.com/documents/Altitudes-128.pdf

We old-timers and vets are so old sometime we don't collect all the info in a easy place. or don't let new players know about it enough. Or new players are too lazy. Or all three. 

See you in Val de Vesle! S! 

6 hours ago, choad said:

Thank you!

Bouillon - not as straightforward shots into the AB as Haybes; an intriguing challenge for either side as defense fights in a big bowl BUT there's scant cover to ingress through and attackers are very visible at all points because they're always coming down a hill.

All time favorite? Vlissingen, back in the old days when the forests had solid walls. Best infantry fights I have ever been apart of.

Huy is my favorite town to fight when capture Ramet and Andenne depot, often it became heavy zone of control with bridge and hill.