TuftyFoil

New Idea to make Intermission Fun for Everyone

Should we have fun historical operations during intermission?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have fun historical operations during intermission?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 posts in this topic

What if What During intermission we set up the map not from the exact same place every time but from the exact positions as famous operations, offensives, and specific battles? Four examples that come to mind are operation Dynamo (Evacuation of Dunkirk by allied forces using air and navy), Operation Overload (D-Day using air and navy), Operation Market Garden (Huge paratrooper drop by allies forces to secure bridges for invasion into Germany), & the Battle of the Bulge. There are many more ideas that could be implemented but these four highlight the dynamic aspect that could change intermissions. 

P.S. Perhaps specific operations that favor one side from the other could be chosen by the winning side as some sort of actual incentive for winning the campaign besides the fact that they won, the losing side could pick as a consolation prize to keep their moral up, or there could just be a randomize computer program that could choose the operation randomly. 

3 people like this

I’m all for this. WW2OL has a lot of potential for simulating historical battles with custom map setups and spawn lists. I have an Operation Market Garden setup in mind that I would like to work with the Rats to set up sometime post 1.36