XOOM

9 Years as a RAT - Thank You

18 posts in this topic

Today marks my 9th year as a member of CRS. I'd like to thank you all for supporting me. During this time it has meant a tremendous amount, and it has given me great fulfillment. It has been an extraordinary opportunity to learn so much about what WWII Online is from within the core of the engine and our entire community.

This year I learned how to implement completed art work, whether it be Infantry weapons, or vehicles, into the data structure. I also wrote my first bit of code, and got a little help on that one (thanks - you know who you are).

I am proud of our team at CRS and how far they've grown. You can see the evidence of that growth when you look at the releases that were published this year, and the roadmap for the upcoming year. They're constantly sharing information and are gladly picking up each other when it gets tough.

Being a RAT, while immensely fulfilling as a former community member, can be very challenging in the face of adversity. Anyone who wears the tag is a target for all the woes. I'd ask for the sake of our contributors at CRS that the community propels them forward.

And finally, the part that I have to say because I see all of the moving parts... I would implore those of you who can, to subscribe, and maintain that subscription. If this is done, we will stand the test of time and add another almost 20 years to the possibilities of WWII Online. This is the most important thing that you can do, single handedly, to have a direct and sincere impact. Please don't  mistake this as just another message to discard. 

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this great blessing and faith.

S! 

10 people like this

Congrats. just keep moving the game along. Things are improving and changing. Just had a flight in game down to Paris and Versailles.....even got a photo of the Eiffel Tower...just like it was when I visited it, IRL. ;)

here's to another 9. 

Now where are the parachuting dogs?

;)

S!

1 person likes this

Xoomxoom doing paras drop instead of pancakes delivery! :)

keep the good job mon ami S!

Congratulations on the nine years and a very big thank you for all that you’ve done for the game. 

Congratulations XOOM!  Thank you for your dedication to the game. S!

1 person likes this

Great work XOOM. Always good to know you are at the helm of this basket of tumbleweeds.
;)

XOOM??  Who are you, again?  You must be one of those anonymous rats.  :)

S!S!

Congratulations Xoom! We're all indepted to you for picking up the baton and keep pushing this game to where it is today.

I am amazed and in awe of what you and your team of jolly volunteers have been able to do. Things that was said never will happen. Hah! :D

Thanks for keeping this game alive,  I would have to work around the house more and would be bored certain nights without this game. 

Would like to see you more on the Axis side but it's always satisfying getting a PM from ya knowing I just  put the black screen of death on your monitor. 

You saved our shelter, we may be animals at times but we'll not forget that. GJ so far, thanks :)

I think this translates to Xoom is buying the beer tonight. :)

Congrats to you  Xoom for all the work you've done!!

This game could have died years ago and yet here we are.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Edited by denw2o