sydspain

These timers are killing the fun

57 posts in this topic

More on offense vs defense i know with 1.36 open beta coming people less aggressive but allies in ustz are downright lazy mostly not even trying to get anything going on offense and sitting on do’s in big numbers to light ews....it would be impossible for any side to cap a town with what i saw last night 20+ allies in marle defending light ews while 3 didnt even know each other of pushed on ath and capped spawnable and a few cps yelling for help and about 2 or 3 players came while the rest sat in gent and marle chasing their own tail...in a nutshell thats the game we have nowadays i am sure axis have same issue or similar

Edited by Jsilec
5 people like this

7 hours ago, kase250 said:

If you capco are trying to say that Syd prefers to defend ... nothing is further from reality, he is one of the most offensive players with whom I have played.

He was seemingly defending himself from jsilec's accusation that he plays defense.  

If syd spends most of his time driving in FMSs then that's awesome, because without those people the game doesn't function.  

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

He was seemingly defending himself from jsilec's accusation that he plays defense.  

If syd spends most of his time driving in FMSs then that's awesome, because without those people the game doesn't function.  

He is free2play rifle account so i doubt he can do any fms’s...was no accusation he was 100’s of meters outside of town with 2 other players a minute after ews as hamza dropped ao....reason he found me was hamza was setting up elsewhere and didnt want to trip ews but told me too late so i figure i would drive around for 20 seconds to draw the 1 or tops 2 ei who had just spawned in to north side while hamza set up s and se...fms set i spawn in and 3 axis ei are standing there having a smoke lol...luckily i got the drop ok all 3 after i respawned an smg but it was more luck then anything else...next 3 spawns fms was camped again and i swapped to hamzas fms which was south so i tried to bring up a ch7 to support which by the time i got there hamzas ms was camped and i got sapped 10 seconds after getting into position to support .75k from town along with the other ch7 and sherman next to me...all of this is in no way blaming anyone of anything i just showing how futile it can be for 5/6 guys to get a remotely organized ao going even against an attrited axis brigade....armor can NOT survive in this game with no population and flanks constantly exposed and inf get pushed out even when organized so timers might be scratching the surface but maybe a proximity ao with fog of war adds more opportunities for better fights...no ews till contested but longer bunker timers so defense has a shot at cleaning up 

14 hours ago, Capco said:

Why don't you like to spend most of your time attacking?  The answer to that question, whatever it is, will be pretty telling if you take a step back and think about it.  

I like to attack, and I like to defend, this campaign I spent 90% of the time attacking and 10% defending.

If you ask me why I was defending Ninove instead of attacking Gerardsbergen thats because we only had 30 rifles there and we couldn't move supply in for 1 hour, and who better than syd to hold a town with only 30 rifles? :P

17 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

He is free2play rifle account so i doubt he can do any fms’s...

As I said on first post, I have spend 22 hours driving opels, why would I drive so many opels if I coulnd't set any fms?

17 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Perhaps if he died when u shot him things might be different

Aim better :D

26 minutes ago, sydspain said:

As I said on first post, I have spend 22 hours driving opels, why would I drive so many opels if I coulnd't set any fms?

See free play account under your name noobcakes

Edited by Jsilec

3 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

See free play account under your name noobcakes

F2P can set FMS's

31 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

F2P can set FMS's

Get the fook outta heeer!!...thats it i straight done paying for da freeloading freeloaders....end this welfare state and bring me some tito’s with pepsi and a cherry

1.36 is almost here - A lot of us aren't even playing much this campaign so the population is low. Maybe just call the campaign and set an intermission until 1.36 is fully launched. 

I love the dynamic cap timers and move toward pop neutrality. 

I however HATE how long it takes to capture . When they were reduced by 25% it became a bit better but still too slow for dynamic infantry action in towns.

I dont have the right answer but would like to try something like Maximum Solo cap timer 4 minutes (on max overpop)... minimum 1 min (on Max Underpop).. and balanced 2 min. 

OR .... change the SCALE so that if you have 2-4 players capping the speed goes WAY faster than 1 player not just a tiny bit faster...

Teams of 4-5 players capping together should REALLY be rewarded. Especially when sides are BALANCED. 

my 2 cents... 

S!

7 people like this

2 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Get the fook outta heeer!!...thats it i straight done paying for da freeloading freeloaders....end this welfare state and bring me some tito’s with pepsi and a cherry

Makes no sense.. why should setting FMS (driving trucks) NOT be FREE...

It is the task that creates FUN For many others..

Heck if anything .... there should be a way for players to MAKE in game MONEY by making MSPs and TOWING other players to create ACTION.

F2Ps should not only be able to set MSPs, for every 1000 players spawned from their MSPs, they should get a reward by a day pass access to full sub or something.. 

freeloaders are those who dont drive MSPs and complain about lack of action on AOs. 

8 people like this

2 minutes ago, potthead said:

F2Ps should not only be able to set MSPs, for every 1000 players spawned from their MSPs, they should get a reward by a day pass access to full sub or something.. 

freeloaders are those who dont drive MSPs and complain about lack of action on AOs. 

10/10

I'll be honest, I had no idea I could set an FMS as f2p. 
This may be my new thing...
(Still intending to sub when I change country though, so it'll be good practice)

6 hours ago, Jsilec said:

More on offense vs defense i know with 1.36 open beta coming people less aggressive but allies in ustz are downright lazy mostly not even trying to get anything going on offense and sitting on do’s in big numbers to light ews....it would be impossible for any side to cap a town with what i saw last night 20+ allies in marle defending light ews while 3 didnt even know each other of pushed on ath and capped spawnable and a few cps yelling for help and about 2 or 3 players came while the rest sat in gent and marle chasing their own tail...

This. 

54 minutes ago, potthead said:

I love the dynamic cap timers and move toward pop neutrality. 

I however HATE how long it takes to capture . When they were reduced by 25% it became a bit better but still too slow for dynamic infantry action in towns.

I dont have the right answer but would like to try something like Maximum Solo cap timer 4 minutes (on max overpop)... minimum 1 min (on Max Underpop).. and balanced 2 min. 

OR .... change the SCALE so that if you have 2-4 players capping the speed goes WAY faster than 1 player not just a tiny bit faster...

Teams of 4-5 players capping together should REALLY be rewarded. Especially when sides are BALANCED. 

my 2 cents... 

S!

This sounds good, however I think there is a problem with the calc that will absolutely cause the crazy times we have been seeing, even if the pop is 'just' 20% in difference or possibly even.  Watch the Barracks for that thread coming.

CRS doesn't want to give up second accounts I'm guessing, probably saw a host of losing those to people switching tow/FMS accounts to free.

Edited by Kilemall

58 minutes ago, potthead said:

Makes no sense.. why should setting FMS (driving trucks) NOT be FREE...

It is the task that creates FUN For many others..

Heck if anything .... there should be a way for players to MAKE in game MONEY by making MSPs and TOWING other players to create ACTION.

yowzer smoke a peace pipe I was joking ffs...hoped the titos vodka and pepsi would confirm ridiculousness 

Edited by Jsilec

7 hours ago, david06 said:

The timers are bad by design

The whole point was to make slow and bad FPS gameplay in order to make the silly board game easier for HC to manage

When someone claims that the timers are good they are not ever referring to "good FPS gameplay" they mean that their roleplaying board game isn't upset by players actually playing a FPS (a good thing)

I always get the feeling you have me in mind when you make these blanket board game statements.

For the record, I DON'T think the present timers are good, just the principle, and you never ever get to speak for me about what I say or intentions regarding gameplay.

2 hours ago, potthead said:

Best idea of the week. To refine it a touch:

1000 points gets a premium account day pass they can activate on a day of their choosing.

• One soldier spawned from FMS: 1 point
  • One gun towed: 2 points
  • One minute guarding a CP in a DO or AO: 3 points
  • One enemy unit killed: 1 point

That's a good way to give Free to Play players an incentive to be in game and creating content. My guess it would take ~1 week of regular play to earn a day pass - enough to give them a taste without necessarily impacting subscribers.

9 hours ago, caydel said:

Best idea of the week. To refine it a touch:

1000 points gets a premium account day pass they can activate on a day of their choosing.

• One soldier spawned from FMS: 1 point
  • One gun towed: 2 points
  • One minute guarding a CP in a DO or AO: 3 points
  • One enemy unit killed: 1 point

That's a good way to give Free to Play players an incentive to be in game and creating content. My guess it would take ~1 week of regular play to earn a day pass - enough to give them a taste without necessarily impacting subscribers.

You mean 7 days, no one is going to pull the work of the entire game just to get access for one day. Towing guns, setting FMS, guarding CP's is all chores, not even subscribers want to do, and if no one does it there is no active game going on so you better reward the actions handsomely.

Some night there aren't even battles going on, so I would really consider some rewards for the ones who go out of their way to keep the ball rolling, also to get enough dang players to have an actual game because seriously, half the time I log in there's less than 20 people online.

18 hours ago, Jsilec said:

More on offense vs defense i know with 1.36 open beta coming people less aggressive but allies in ustz are downright lazy mostly not even trying to get anything going on offense and sitting on do’s in big numbers to light ews....it would be impossible for any side to cap a town with what i saw last night 20+ allies in marle defending light ews while 3 didnt even know each other of pushed on ath and capped spawnable and a few cps yelling for help and about 2 or 3 players came while the rest sat in gent and marle chasing their own tail...in a nutshell thats the game we have nowadays i am sure axis have same issue or similar

No offense intended, but the alternative, especially late U.S. evening time, is to not get troops into the DO until it's heavy ews, and by then it is typically too late to get in and hold the town, because the attackers have had too much time to get set up.  We have to get in early, and set the defense, hoping to get ahead of the curve.

Again, no offense intended, but on more than a few occasions, we've stopped the attack, moved over to an attack of our own, and the 1 freaking guy the axis have left to keep ews going, caps a depot, and bang, heavy ews, no ai, no chance for the allies, especially when outnumbered to begin with. 

See attack on Laon going on right now.  Smart of axis side to switch Aos to a big town, with more depots than we had defenders, then leave it sit with no ews for 1/2 hour, and not a bad Infantry fight on the southside, but no way can we hold the town for very long.

S!

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, david06 said:

The timers are bad by design

The whole point was to make slow and bad FPS gameplay in order to make the silly board game easier for HC to manage

When someone claims that the timers are good they are not ever referring to "good FPS gameplay" they mean that their roleplaying board game isn't upset by players actually playing a FPS (a good thing)

I object...

IIRC nobody in GHC called for these timers. In fact these timers as well as the upcoming b0llocks commonly referred to as 1.36 were the final straws here for not doing stuff anymore on my side. I was GHC.

These Timers turned a somewhat tedious but still "interesting" facet of the game into a nothing BUT tedious & outright frustrating pile of poodle crap. Why? Because doing the HC thing was only interesting if it can actually make stuff happen on the ground, left or right doesnt matter - the Timers prevented doing so, far surpassing the usual headbanging against DEF (ie. AOs) and turning DO's into *Yolo* Sit-and-Pick-A-Nose fests.

Timers and increased number of divisions removed any motivation for many to be a part of the HC

2 people like this

On 4/6/2019 at 6:09 AM, hondo said:

Timers and increased number of divisions removed any motivation for many to be a part of the HC

Amen.  We got too many brigades, the original set was 26, when it was done we had 36.  Yes more edge battles to a degree, but a lot more stacks.