bluelad

What differences will 1.36 make to players who aren't involved in the HC side of things.

17 posts in this topic

Hi. As a player who isn't involved in the HC layer of the game and just gets his fun from being on foot and in vehichles what sort of things will I be able to do that I can't right now and how will 1.36 improve my experience.

the big difference you will see is that supply will be available in every town, so you don’t have to worry about HC being unavailable to move brigades in order to cover a hole. You will notice more attrition loss of towns. Because the town can run out of supply if you lose more weapons than the enemy quicker.

1 person likes this

You'll also have a rear town that you can resupply the frontline town with.

2 hours ago, PITTPETE said:

You'll also have a rear town that you can resupply the frontline town with.

Can we oversupply and stick 100 shermans in brussells?

28 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

If Brussels has a normal supply of 50, then yes.. you can. 100% overstock are the rules

11 hours ago, Jsilec said:

depends how many sectors of it are frontline - you could in theory park several hundred there (or Tigers).

On 4/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, B2K said:

depends how many sectors of it are frontline - you could in theory park several hundred there (or Tigers).

Wouldn't that depend as noted before on the maximum normal list number plus the overstock limit?  You would have to have removed the overstock limits for that outcome.

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Wouldn't that depend as noted before on the maximum normal list number plus the overstock limit?  You would have to have removed the overstock limits for that outcome.

Of course it does - kind of figured I didn't need to spell out the blatantly obvious.  

If the spawn list is 20, you could park up to 40 per AB - with Brussles broken up it's now 4(? On phone can't recall) separate AB's, so 160.  

If you also have a brigade in town, there is also the brigade supply to overstock.  

5 hours ago, B2K said:

Of course it does - kind of figured I didn't need to spell out the blatantly obvious.  

If the spawn list is 20, you could park up to 40 per AB - with Brussles broken up it's now 4(? On phone can't recall) separate AB's, so 160.  

If you also have a brigade in town, there is also the brigade supply to overstock.  

Um no that's NOT blatantly obvious, as I understood it this is NOT the first iteration, base supply, but rather town supply, with one list per town and a variable supply based on total number of ABs. 

Xoom is saying in general 1x for 1 AB, 1.5x for 2x AB, 2 for 3 AB, and 2.5x for 4 AB.

So if the spawn list is 20 for an equipment type and 1 AB town, it would be 20 in a 1 AB town, 30 in a 2AB town, 45 in a 4 AB town and with 100% overstock it would be 40, 60 and 90 respectively.

Please ask around and check my numbers for the example, we could both easily be wrong, but that's what I understand from all the discussions.

Your maths arent quite right but thats how i believe it works as well. 4 ab town is 50 (20x2.5) , overstock 100.

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Um no that's NOT blatantly obvious, as I understood it this is NOT the first iteration, base supply, but rather town supply, with one list per town and a variable supply based on total number of ABs. 

Xoom is saying in general 1x for 1 AB, 1.5x for 2x AB, 2 for 3 AB, and 2.5x for 4 AB.

So if the spawn list is 20 for an equipment type and 1 AB town, it would be 20 in a 1 AB town, 30 in a 2AB town, 45 in a 4 AB town and with 100% overstock it would be 40, 60 and 90 respectively.

Please ask around and check my numbers for the example, we could both easily be wrong, but that's what I understand from all the discussions.

Brussels is no longer 1 Big Multi-AB town, but is several smaller 1-2 AB sections.  Each with their own supply pool.  Staying with the # of 20 of any specific unit.

Brussels South West - 1 AB - 20 + 20 over

Brussels North West - 1 AB - 20 + 20 over

Brussels North East - 2 AB - 30 + 30 over

Brussels South East - 1 AB - 20 + 20 over

Total for 'brussles area' - 5 AB - 90 + 90 over  (plus more if there's a flag in town). 

Unless of course I've missed us piecing the town back together into 1 big city and undoing all the newly added supply links to split it up.  

As B2K posted.. Brussels is no longer 1 big city.. Its 4 separate CPs,  with 3 having 1 AB and 1 having 2 ABs..

46 minutes ago, B2K said:

Brussels is no longer 1 Big Multi-AB town, but is several smaller towns.  

Brussels South West

Brussels North West

Brussels North East

Brussels South East

Liege and I believe Aachen are still 4 AB towns, no?  I think one or two others.

Hmm, actually with the only one town back supply, isn't that going to mean only Brussels subtowns next to the front line will be able to spawn/take overstock?

In other words, say only Leuven is frontline, only the linking Brussels town to Leuven will be active (I think that's Brussels NE).  All 4 Brussels towns won't be active until at least their linking towns are frontline, and a lot of the towns being frontline (the two east ones most of the time) are only going to have other Brussels plus maybe one external town to act as feeders.

So a lot of overstocking isn't going to happen in advance because it can't, once all of Brussels is front line/one town back yes you could resup/overstock in town which will happen fast but you risk hollowing out your intown supply if you don't hold out before the next resup ticket cycle.

Where it could pop is when the city is half taken and both sides have to roll in convoys to get the upper hand and push through.

But again this isn't base supply this is TBS, it's going to be very difficult and temporary to maintain an overall overstock, if for no other reason then successfully buffering will mean no accessible supply from the west towns.

I forget, does overstock remain once a town's list goes off due to two towns back?   I suspect not, but maybe it does.

Edited by Kilemall

Exactly right kilemall. Only the town linking to Leuven will be overstockable going from Bruss > Leuven. Only if Leuven falls does the Brussels linking town become frontline and the remaining brussels "towns" become rearline. I would be interested to see how much resupply happens in that situation since it will be a pretty short drive from say the S Brussels AB to the N Bruss AB.

For cities like Antwerp (and if Liege, Gent etc get split it) it will become important to bomb the bridges to prevent this from happening.

Will add an interesting dynamic to the game.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:18 AM, Jsilec said:

You can try… :P

On 2019-04-06 at 8:18 PM, Jsilec said:

So 2009...

12 hours ago, aismov said:

Exactly right kilemall. Only the town linking to Leuven will be overstockable going from Bruss > Leuven. Only if Leuven falls does the Brussels linking town become frontline and the remaining brussels "towns" become rearline. I would be interested to see how much resupply happens in that situation since it will be a pretty short drive from say the S Brussels AB to the N Bruss AB.

For cities like Antwerp (and if Liege, Gent etc get split it) it will become important to bomb the bridges to prevent this from happening.

Will add an interesting dynamic to the game.

Ya, actually this will make the megatowns much more interesting then if it was purely every town/base has supply, they can still be made into factory towns but at quite a bit of risk if the opposite side is on a roll enough to get to the point of triggering all of Brussels.  You could have a strong outer shell and a crumbly weak interior that collapses if the edge towns are taken.

Supply convoys and divisional placement is gonna count.

Depending on how this pans out, it may be imperative to switch over all the big towns to divvied up subtowns.  Brussels and Antwerp are going to have more net supply then say their counterparts Liege and Aachen, but can also be cracked one little piece at a time.