kgarner

Current supply lists in beta..... 1.36

155 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, dre21 said:

So please enlighten us ,what is it now?

FWIW, i havent a clue in axis planes.
I am usually playing infantry, and sometimes panzers.

8 minutes ago, kgarner said:

the brits should get no stu's and the french should get those 5

Maybe standing in for the M3 Grants?
https://www.driving.co.uk/video/wwii-m3-grant-tank-riddled-bulletholes/

1 hour ago, kgarner said:

the brits should get no stu's and the french should get those 5

Huh?  Brits historically had Stus.

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

Woah Woah Woah stop the press. 

What is it now you got no clue as an Axis Tanker or may I quote you here.

* and I don't know what I'm doing in an AXIS Tank*

Or is it ! Krazy can't go by Stats cause according to you Flash 99 has plenty of missions as an Axis player. 

I took the liberty to copy it so one can't delete it , here is what you wrote.

*Krazydog , you shouldn't fall into the trap of believing what the stats say about 1 persona, I've certainly played axis at least as long as I have played allied. Flash99 has plenty of axis sorties.*

So please enlighten us ,what is it now?

Just to clear up your confusion , flash was my old axis account , now FTP. Hasn’t been played as an axis account for many years, hence I wouldn’t claim to be a good axis tanker  or as comfortable  with that gun system as a regular axis tanker would be.

No need to build a conspiracy theory.

41 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Huh?  Brits historically had Stus.

I dont care about histroy.... I care about balanced gameplay

14 minutes ago, kgarner said:

I dont care about histroy.... I care about balanced gameplay

No, you don't. 

I know I'm late to the party, but I agree with so many above.  There are just FAR too many tanks in the game right now.  Even in T0 or T1.  I'd love to see those numbers dropped significantly.   

3 people like this

Sorry, but I don't think dropping total numbers is going to achieve the result you want. What will end up happening if you drop the numbers in the case of too many tanks, you'll end up raising them in the case there's not enough availability in equipment to sustain extended fights. Here's what I think is the best solution, and it's what Squad does with it's deal. It would go like this, one mission is split into many squads, complete with squad leaders and various roles. Certain roles would unlock as others are filled. So once you have a squad of say 10 infantry, one tank is unlocked for use by anyone in the squad. Who gets to use the tank will ultimately be up to I guess the squad leader. Otherwise you can just multi-crew which would increase the functionality without overdoing it with another tank. This way you could balance for the length of fights, given that any mission has say, 4 or 5 tanks at it's fullest for every 10 infantry, then you'll only have to adjust for how long you want that side to have that number of tanks during a battle, instead of dealing with variables such as oh what if one team decided to pull 20 tanks yet only have 5 or 6 men on the ground. In general that has it's place in war but it's such a ridiculous thing to balance when you're dealing with actual supply numbers it may just be tuned for optimal play and not limitless freedom.

Edited by knucks

1 hour ago, knucks said:

Sorry, but I don't think dropping total numbers is going to achieve the result you want. What will end up happening if you drop the numbers in the case of too many tanks, you'll end up raising them in the case there's not enough availability in equipment to sustain extended fights. Here's what I think is the best solution, and it's what Squad does with it's deal. It would go like this, one mission is split into many squads, complete with squad leaders and various roles. Certain roles would unlock as others are filled. So once you have a squad of say 10 infantry, one tank is unlocked for use by anyone in the squad. Who gets to use the tank will ultimately be up to I guess the squad leader. Otherwise you can just multi-crew which would increase the functionality without overdoing it with another tank. This way you could balance for the length of fights, given that any mission has say, 4 or 5 tanks at it's fullest for every 10 infantry, then you'll only have to adjust for how long you want that side to have that number of tanks during a battle, instead of dealing with variables such as oh what if one team decided to pull 20 tanks yet only have 5 or 6 men on the ground. In general that has it's place in war but it's such a ridiculous thing to balance when you're dealing with actual supply numbers it may just be tuned for optimal play and not limitless freedom.

Not happening here.  A big unexamined assumption is that people are free to use their preferred 'palette' of equipment to solve tactical and operational problems.  It would get examined real quick if a specific ratio was enforced, not to mention endless whine/rants on said ratios and how those Rats clearly favor the Other Guys.

5 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Not happening here.  A big unexamined assumption is that people are free to use their preferred 'palette' of equipment to solve tactical and operational problems.  It would get examined real quick if a specific ratio was enforced, not to mention endless whine/rants on said ratios and how those Rats clearly favor the Other Guys.

Suite yourself, if the player wants to poke himself constantly over supply numbers be my guest. I for one enjoy the tactical coordination gained from the method proposed. I look forward to the armor zergs if the game ever reaches that height.

8 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Just to clear up your confusion , flash was my old axis account , now FTP. Hasn’t been played as an axis account for many years, hence I wouldn’t claim to be a good axis tanker  or as comfortable  with that gun system as a regular axis tanker would be.

No need to build a conspiracy theory.

So in your words , you didn't play Panzer as an Axis player but only became a Tanker as an Allied player (is that about the right take away here)  but then claim that  *hey look I killed a Matilda after 10 shots what is your problem* , why do you guys complain against the Matilda so much . 

But then again say you don't have that much experience or are comfortable with the gun system. 

I wouldn't say I'm an expert as an Axis Tanker ( I'll let you make that call)  I sure enjoy our run ins and always  curse a little when I see your name being killed by , and I have a smile on my face when I see you on my who I took out list .

But I can tell you that in tier 0 it's rare to take out a Matilda with a Axis Tank , best we get is a detrack or a gun kill which still is a mystery to me cause I can pound that gun mantel with all 3 load outs when I encounter a Matilda from the front and it usually ends up with me loosing my gunner , no matter how close how I am.

Also one needs to be extreme close to take out a Matilda from the side , and one can only achieve that when he has tunnel vision or is all alone with out anyone warning him.

And that comes from someone that exclusively plays Panzers on the Axis side .

Dre I was responding to 'Matilda's take 70 hits  all angles don't die'.  That I'd taken as a bit of a challenge .

I set out to test this , parked a mattie and planned to pound it with a 4d , thought I'd start at 1km , ended the test cos I got the engine kill. If it was a lucky/wtf shot then so be it.  I've been inconvenienced enough at those ranges before to know that that [censored] happens enough to effectively remove matties from the battle .

Ive never said that tanking axis T0 was anything but difficult, and I supported the claim that 7 Matilda's was too many. I'll even throw in that after the engine was killed in the test I returned fire on the p4 , it exploded on the 3rd round , was parked at about 45 degrees  or less maybe. Of course I'll balance that with the 3f that took 50 rounds from me and another mattie into its flank and rear , just ignored it. ( that [censored] cost me a squaddie pulled his sub there and then ) 

Now if those lists are 'balanced in T0' they obviously cannot be balance in T2 for the French, simply because there are no changes from T0 to T2 for the French , I'm relying on kgarners reported numbers here .

t-3

axis

inf

4 G41

armor

6 p2
3 3f
9 3h
5 38t
3 stug B
5 232
4 DLC 3f
4 DLC p2
3 4d

Brits

inf

SMG thompason 41 down to 19 (seems less like a tier adjustment and more like an overall adjustment, not sure though)

armor

3 a13
6 vick
12 a15
8 stu
8 DLC vick
5 uber vick
4 matty
4 DLC a13
3 a15 CS
3 daimler
1 matty CS

french

inf

6 mas 40

armor

8 h39
8 s35
9 stu
5 char
5 pan
4 DLC h39
4 DLC r35
2 r35

7 hours ago, knucks said:

Suite yourself, if the player wants to poke himself constantly over supply numbers be my guest. I for one enjoy the tactical coordination gained from the method proposed. I look forward to the armor zergs if the game ever reaches that height.

A tank per 10 inf is enforcing a French tank doctrine on ratios.  Problem is it's much more like the real thing if tanks spawned in 3s and 4s of the same type, or 2 each of a heavy and 2 supporting armor.

Had to step back and think about the depots, they are sort of are a ratio throttle and it's not disastrous, in fact probably helps stop losing all of the MGs in the first 30 minutes not to mention allowing the offense to have a reasonable chance to cap.

But a ratio all over for FMS which need to be able to overwhelm depots with unlimited and assault infantry hurting the offense, FB limits to tank spawning on a ratio basis would do the same thing,  For the defense, having a limitation for rolling some heavy ATG or tank would ensure camps.  

Ratios would also give overpop far more firepower on tap to underpop, and in total lower pop times you may not even get 10 players on a mission to be able to spawn a tank at all (whereas your overpop opponent can).

So ya.  Unacceptable.

Oh and armor zergs?  Likely you've never seen the real thing.

One of our operations during Lexfire's term involved loading up Phillipville with 100+ tanks overstock.  Unbeknownst to us, the Axis had loaded Flavion with a similar number of tanks.  We unleashed our attack, and for about 2 hours a vast amount of armor fought and burned.  Visual limits made it particularly weird as you might blow up to something that had not rendered to you.  Anything done since has been less armor overall or more armor only over a 6+ hour battle, although AEF and KGW among others did smarter large scale armor camps.

Armor zerg generally speaking is not a problem, anymore it's more a challenge keeping the tanks alive to get to target in a sapper/RPAT world with FRU/FMS.

Edited by Kilemall

5 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Dre I was responding to 'Matilda's take 70 hits  all angles don't die'.  That I'd taken as a bit of a challenge .

I set out to test this , parked a mattie and planned to pound it with a 4d , thought I'd start at 1km , ended the test cos I got the engine kill. If it was a lucky/wtf shot then so be it.  I've been inconvenienced enough at those ranges before to know that that [censored] happens enough to effectively remove matties from the battle .

Ive never said that tanking axis T0 was anything but difficult, and I supported the claim that 7 Matilda's was too many. I'll even throw in that after the engine was killed in the test I returned fire on the p4 , it exploded on the 3rd round , was parked at about 45 degrees  or less maybe. Of course I'll balance that with the 3f that took 50 rounds from me and another mattie into its flank and rear , just ignored it. ( that [censored] cost me a squaddie pulled his sub there and then ) 

Now if those lists are 'balanced in T0' they obviously cannot be balance in T2 for the French, simply because there are no changes from T0 to T2 for the French , I'm relying on kgarners reported numbers here .

I would love to see a 3f that took that many hits,  I reckon that player must have had severe packet loss . In all my time in this game , and that's 2001 till now have I ever sat in a 3f and taken more then a few ( less then 5 ) before I had either lost my gunner ( which usually goes 1st ) or I have the Panzer 3f explode or catch fire and that's vs Matty, A13 or Char or S35. 

Cause for that reason I have specialized in the Stug3b . The only time I spawn a 3f now in tier 0 is to use it as a surpression tank vs INF or vs EA cause of its dual turret MG which can be very effective.  

Sorry to hear that u lost a squad mate due to that , i think we can both agree that a player lost  on either side hurts the game.  

5 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Of course I'll balance that with the 3f that took 50 rounds from me and another mattie into its flank and rear , just ignored it. ( that [censored] cost me a squaddie pulled his sub there and then )

One thing of note here, and I've tested it numerous times before.  Pay attention not to the tank itself, but to where the round comes from.  Adjust your shot to hit where you see the round leave even if its not actually on the turret.  You'll get a kill.  Majes99 and I did this last campaign when he was Allied.  I kept not getting kills on his tank, then when I adjusted every so slightly to the left where I saw the flash come from, instant gunner kill

So..... I killed a stugG tonight with a 47mm... Is that a mistake? Stus and 47mm against StugGs? Friggen stugG was decimating our armor.

6 minutes ago, stankyus said:

So..... I killed a stugG tonight with a 47mm... Is that a mistake? Stus and 47mm against StugGs? Friggen stugG was decimating our armor.

I haven't seen any stug g's in our spawnlists tonight

there was 2 stug g's available in loshiem ab for some reason, only there no where else....... OHM fixed it soon after I let him know.  Not sure what that was about.

6 hours ago, dfire said:

I haven't seen any stug g's in our spawnlists tonight

Apr 14 18:06 kchip (StuG III G)

Might have been a mistake, kinda like the Allied town that has 500 rifles and 100 smg in the Spawn list, Delems was saying something about  town in chat yesterday not to AO a certain town .

t-4

axis inf

ATR down to 9 from 15
g41 4 to 6

armor

9 4G
6 3H
6 p2
5 3L
2 38t
5 232
4 DLC 3f
4 DLC p2
3 stug G
3 stug B
3 3N
2 3F

Brit inf

no change

armor

6 a15 
6 stu 
8 a15m3 
5 DLC vick
5 vick
5 sherm
5 uber vick
1 matty
4 DLC a13
3 church m3
1 a15 CS
3 a13
3 daimler
1 church m5 CS
1 a15m3 CS

french inf

15 mas 40
4 zooks

armor

15 stu
11 sherm
5 s35
2 h39
3 char
5 pan
4 DLC h39
4 DLC r35
2 r35

2 concerns.......... First, axis have nothing that can kill a church in this tier.  Second, 4 zooks when no one else has any.... kinda seems like alot ..... 2 seems more appropriate. 

and a little confused by axis atr number is cut to 9 from 15 when both allied atr numbers are still at 15......... I think 15 is to many for both sides..... but still a lil confusing???

Why brits 42 SMG and axis 34?  Where do we make up the 8 units?

Should be no zooka till late 42 at best.  Didn't even become stable till July 43

Should be no zooka tier 4; maybe 1 tier 5; then add more starting tier 6 and finally regular unit in tier 7.

Edited by delems

axis

22 mp40 
8 mod 38
4 MP34

4 res mod 38
4 res MP34
4 res MP40

full ammo = 34

res = 12

brit

23 sten