kgarner

Current supply lists in beta..... 1.36

139 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, goreblimey said:

What do you need the second tiger for, carry ammo for the first one?

I thought this tier was supposed to introduce the Tiger in very limited numbers.

So you double the stugs and add 2 Tigers while reducing Brit numbers, fair, balanced , thoughtful,challenging LOL

NVM Goreb I miss read your post in a complete different way then you ment it , I apologize. 

22 hours ago, Capco said:

@BMBM You following this thread?  Seems like a few issues have already been spotted.  

No but I am now. Lists are managed by others atm.

Not a prob dre, I also redid my mattie test. From level ground couldn't repeat the engine hit. Smashed up the mat ties tracks and gun but couldn't flame it. 

Regarding the topic of the thread, and in response to Kgarner's comment about his sortie and the fact that his kills were not infantry, but rather armor, the perception could be that all of those tanks he killed came out of Hastiere.  That would not be the case.  I drew 3 shermans from Dinant to the north and 1 from Flavion.  I know others were spawning from Flavion, too, although I don't know how many.  A lot of the ATGs came out of various depots, and not the main AB supply.  Don't know how that impacts the overall conversation, but I think its good to keep in mind that when players adapt to battleground realities, there may be unexpected decisions that transcend one town's supply lists, etc.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BMBM said:

No but I am now. Lists are managed by others atm.

So does that mean all of the good changes you made are going to be thrown to the wayside now? 

For example, do I have to talk to someone else about getting Stuarts in the French flags again or was that just a clerical error?

No, we’re simply badgering he old drum in novel ways. The current list is WIP. FR should of course have Stuarts.

I suppose I need to get more involved.

42 minutes ago, BMBM said:

No, we’re simply badgering he old drum in novel ways. The current list is WIP. FR should of course have Stuarts.

I suppose I need to get more involved.

Is there a global template for each town template?  4 templates for 4 city size types, x potential countries x tiers?

Assuming it's like the screenshot I saved from KFS1 postings, that would still be 16 town templates x 7 tiers for 112 supply columns that have to be right.

Then whatever overrides you can put in per town, then another 12 templates x 7 tiers for 84 supply columns of which those have definitely been made custom per some divisions over the years.

My eyes would be bleeding after that and doesn't count checking EVERY override point, specific named brigade and town if that can be done and is ever done.

Edited by Kilemall

4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Is there a global template for each town template?  4 templates for 4 city size types, x potential countries x tiers?

Assuming it's like the screenshot I saved from KFS1 postings, that would still be 16 town templates x 7 tiers for 112 supply columns that have to be right.

Then whatever overrides you can put in per town, then another 12 templates x 7 tiers for 84 supply columns of which those have definitely been made custom per some divisions over the years.

My eyes would be bleeding after that and doesn't count checking EVERY override point, specific named brigade and town if that can be done and is ever done.

TOE sheets for garrisons are

Army: 4 (1 - 4 ABs)

Navy: 2 (1 - 2 Docks)

Airforce: 1

Airborne: 1

Total: 8

Multiply by country: 32

Multiply by game types (regular, intermission, event): 96

Plus the brigade ones being used

With a row for every equipment type and a column for every tier, basically.

I wrote some scripts so the garrisons could be pulled from base templates and scaled as necessary (maintain 4 base templates for each garrison type for each country for 16 total), but it'd still take some manual work to polish.

People ask "why is supply wrong, why didn't you find it, it should be obvious to spot!" the answer is that it's not obvious by any means.

It's something that could use a lot of refactoring love, but it's also something that technically works and people generally aren't excited to sub when they read patch notes like "Fixed the back-end hellscape so devs can work more efficiently!"

1 minute ago, Chaoswzkd said:

People ask "why is supply wrong, why didn't you find it, it should be obvious to spot!" the answer is that it's not obvious by any means.

It's something that could use a lot of refactoring love, but it's also something that technically works and people generally aren't excited to sub when they read patch notes like "Fixed the back-end hellscape so devs can work more efficiently!"

Yup great example. Staring at a spreadsheet with numbers as far as your eyes can see can make you crazy.

Its like the time in high school you wrote the essay, checked and re-checked it a dozen times, had a friend read it, yet someone missed the and and typo in the 8th paragraph.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I am the one the person that enters the supply numbers into the data base and yes that is exactly what it is like ... But now add in Garrisons .. 4 Amry garrisons for each persona , then add the Parra ,Air and Navy 

Yes my eyes do bleed from these . 

The day we moved to 1.36 on the live game server it took me 8 straight  hours of pumping numbers into the database.   

I just counted  one persona templates ... there is 31 .  So times that by 4 .        ... that means 124 template that i am working on just for the Campaign server      :( 

t-6 

merica

inf

100 M1 garand
64 springfield
26 bar
23 thompson
15 grease gun
12 zook
9 mort
8 sniper
8 sapper