sydspain

Tz3 should have only 1 AO

204 posts in this topic

Back on the subject, keeping 2 AOs minimum at all-time is a good thing BUT I would turn the screws on the 3:1, 4:1 and above players ratio when it occurs. Map gets rolls fast when it happens and it gives a bad taste to our game.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, david06 said:

Yellow warning message kicked to target chat saying " _____ is being captured!" 

also another simple fix that has never been tried

it would be the opposite of the current optimal capture tactic, instead of one person capping a depot stealthily it would be best to form up as a team in order to hold the depot from the rush of defenders

You would also have to drastically reduce cap times though, like 1 minute tops

It would scale better at low pop as defenders would not have to sit in each depot

Oh your saying something constructive :confused:.  But I digress.

I wouldn't go as far as kicking players to an AO not by their choosing.  One big issue is the time it takes for a defender to from being killed in a CP that is being under cap to type on chat (x3 times due to multichannel broadcast bug), mark enemy inf contact then spawn in or make a mission at that cp.  Takes far too long (espicially making a mission).

Yesterday lost count the amount of times I was guarding a re/capped CP asking on chat for a mission to be made with no one making any.  Too many newbie players I guess ?

A newbie messaged me on how you make a mission while I was trying to guard a CP.

Signy was a typical example.  Allies down to 1 ab.  We managed to cap a couple of CPs in town but ppl kept running from the AB.  Either the ppl did not know how to create missions or vets couldn't be arsed because of wha is involved (French, Brit, US complicates the issue too when it comes to the Active Battles list). 10+ clicks to make a mission is a real pain especially of your side is underpop.

I have a few ideas, this is probably not the right thread.  e.g. Mini CP EWS - If u are a defender and you get hit/killed in a CP from an ei inside (server tracks this I assume) then the CP on the map should get a red outline.  The ews stays on for a set period by the system.

Sort out the capture status bar.  Easy solution to stop confusion (RED = Axis,  BLUE = Allies)

PS.

I will try and get my 500th cap on this mini map very soon :P

Edited by agenda21

1 hour ago, agenda21 said:

Yesterday lost count the amount of times I was guarding a re/capped CP asking on chat for a mission to be made with no one making any.  Too many newbie players I guess ?

A newbie messaged me on how you make a mission while I was trying to guard a CP.

Signy was a typical example.  Allies down to 1 ab.  We managed to cap a couple of CPs in town but ppl kept running from the AB.  Either the ppl did not know how to create missions or vets couldn't be arsed because of wha is involved (French, Brit, US complicates the issue too when it comes to the Active Battles list). 10+ clicks to make a mission is a real pain especially of your side is underpop.

no it's because of the collapse in player numbers and density with absolutely no change in the town design

frequently there are more depots that can be captured than there are players on a whole side, there are not enough players to put one in each depot

27 minutes ago, david06 said:

no it's because of the collapse in player numbers and density with absolutely no change in the town design

frequently there are more depots that can be captured than there are players on a whole side, there are not enough players to put one in each depot

Mole tactics...

7 hours ago, sydspain said:

Every single AO is now a mole

No different from 2001 with the exception is players now spawn from a FMS that can be planted anywhere in a 360 ring around town. Geographic FMS limitations to face what would normally be the front line would help cut down on mole tactics.

you missed the context

more depots than players, has been the issue with tz3. its in tz1 now and creeping into tz2

On 5/1/2019 at 6:08 AM, sydspain said:

Every single AO is now a mole

That's depressing.  

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

That's depressing.  

Just cause you are not online.

Talking about depression, axis had 22 hours of overpop on the last 24 hours. That snails a map quick!

22 minutes ago, Capco said:

That's depressing.  

<Shrug> I moled Haybes last night, last FMS was killed and me and another off that FMS, they killed the FMS but not us, went in on a last ditch make trouble before EWS goes off with my death cap- and ended up with the whole town.

53 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

<Shrug> I moled Haybes last night, last FMS was killed and me and another off that FMS, they killed the FMS but not us, went in on a last ditch make trouble before EWS goes off with my death cap- and ended up with the whole town.

Yeah, sounds like wonderful gameplay LOL. 

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

its not, not In low low pop times.....

take this morning uk time when  I  logged on...and there was a handful of allied  on...  literally  three or four of us were defending a town/ trying to slow down the enemy... ( you know your on the loosing wicket when you can here more opals  than defenders and there are planes tanks an inf about too.  but to a point we were still having fun  think it was jarny  but it could have been somewhere ellse a small town in the south though

at which point  the second ao  went on  sedan so we made the decision to leave and try  to defend it...leaving a token defence behind..iirc it was either gore or mund.. but  two ao's is not fun game-play...IF you don't have the numbers too hold one town let alone the numbers to physically guard all the cp's ina small town   ...your not going to have the numbers  to hold two and that just gets old really fast!!!

Edited by themouse
1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, themouse said:

take this morning uk time when  I  logged on...and there was a handful of allied  on...  literally  three or four of us were defending a town/ trying to slow down the enemy... ( you know your on the loosing wicket when you can here more opals  than defenders and there are planes tanks an inf about too.  but to a point we were still having fun  think it was jarny  but it could have been somewhere ellse a small town in the south though

at which point  the second ao  went on  sedan so we made the decision to leave and try  to defend it...leaving a token defence behind..iirc it was either gore or mund.. but  two ao's is not fun game-play...IF you don't have the numbers too hold one town let alone the numbers to physically guard all the cp's ina small town   ...your not going to have the numbers  to hold two and that just gets old really fast!!!

Yes that should be a pretty simple concept that the entire playerbase can rally around.

If you have single digit players logged into one side and the other side has 3, 4, or 5 times as many logged on ..... only one AO ought to be issued.  Pretty simple.

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, choad said:

Yes that should be a pretty simple concept that the entire playerbase can rally around.

If you have single digit players logged into one side and the other side has 3, 4, or 5 times as many logged on ..... only one AO ought to be issued.  Pretty simple.

Yeah agree with this.

1 hour ago, choad said:

We all agree I think. To be effective, CRS needs to put a mitigation plan to block undesired people behaviors that would be tempted to boost underpop side numbers with alt accounts.

there's finally a general agreement that low-pop exists outside tz3.

in another year or two, ya'll may stumble on the causes...

2 minutes ago, matamor said:

We all agree I think. To be effective, CRS needs to put a mitigation plan to block undesired people behaviors that would be tempted to boost underpop side numbers with alt accounts.

this is too tin-foil-hat dude

guys with other-side accounts use them to help, like air side switching to give the spits targets

27 minutes ago, major0noob said:

this is too tin-foil-hat dude

guys with other-side accounts use them to help, like air side switching to give the spits targets

Heh I didn't invent the gamey gamer psycho

So we would haven't 3:1 ratio players every night isnt' it?

Humans are like water ; water always takes the easiest path to find his way throught

Very true..it is human nature. This is the exact reason why EVERY other competitive multiplayer game on earth has a strict side balancing mechanism. This is the core of making the game give great battles.

We ALL want great battles,  win or lose.

The current system we have clearly don't work at the extremes of game population, and it is killing the game and prospective subscriptions. 

13 hours ago, matamor said:

Heh I didn't invent the gamey gamer psycho

So we would haven't 3:1 ratio players every night isnt' it?

Humans are like water ; water always takes the easiest path to find his way throught

the guys i know who play both sides, either with another account or with a main; all want to have a good time. i want to emphasize the all, every side switcher plays for fun.

honestly the people that mole show much worse behaviors than both-side players. there's a confession in this thread about a guy killing activity because his mole stopped being morale psy-ops and turned into real gameplay. and it's friggen praised as good gameplay here...

i wouldn't say it's the path of least resistance, people just stop logging in or spend less time playing. if it were least resistance, there would be more side switchers.

that chart choad made can show this, axis have more marathon gamers and allies have 30min-1h gamers.

hopefully, in the next 2 years they'll realize the 1.5:1  2:1  3:1 etc ratios are there for a reason, and start looking for it.

19 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

It was, enemy did everything but blow the FB to stop attacks, killing every FMS they could on the ridge, but assumed they could move onto other actions, Thionville I think was a major Allied attack.

Allies stayed on Thionville rather then switch to D, so it was a choice, not an easy mode.

22 hours ago, themouse said:

This is what pop neutrality is supposed to be about, it needs more levers then just cap timers (the new crutch rather then SD, better but to be effective in a 3:1 setting it would need to be worse then it is now and it's better if we have a smorgasbord of effects working in concert).

Edited by Kilemall

29 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

This is what pop neutrality is supposed to be about, it needs more levers then just cap timers (the new crutch rather then SD, better but to be effective in a 3:1 setting it would need to be worse then it is now and it's better if we have a somrgasbord of effects working in concert).

actually on that front....so far....the  garrison not being routed when the ab is taken is negating some of the issues that you have when your very low pop  because the attacker has two hold all the cps too when capping the town...so it spreads  them out a bit  I am having better fights, the overpop side can't just cap the link cp and  pack the bunker to take he town

Edited by themouse
2 people like this

21 minutes ago, themouse said:

actually on that front....so far....the  garrison not being routed when the ab is taken is negating some of the issues that you have when your very low pop  because the attacker has two hold all the cps too when capping the town...so it spreads  them out a bit  I am having better fights, the overpop side can't just cap the link cp and  pack the bunker to take he town

Ya, that's the sleeper hit of 1.36, a largely pleasant surprise.

Flipside though, PN lowpop attacks doesn't bounce flags either and lowpop has to fight through to win a town.  That's some tough sledding.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Ya, that's the sleeper hit of 1.36, a largely pleasant surprise.

Flipside though, PN lowpop attacks doesn't bounce flags either and lowpop has to fight through to win a town.  That's some tough sledding.

that's when  brigade placement may come into play more....