• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
sydspain

Tz3 should have only 1 AO

204 posts in this topic

you underestimate the trucks vunrability

not just how easy it is to kill them, but the difficulty in defending them as well

3 hours ago, major0noob said:

you underestimate the trucks vunrability

not just how easy it is to kill them, but the difficulty in defending them as well

Exactly.  You can have a 5 tank column with a dozen infantry on foot and aerial recon in support of that one truck, and it still only takes one shot from a rifleman hidden in a bush for that truck to be taken out.  

Also, wtf happened last night?  That's the most towns I've seen the Allies take overnight in 2+ years.  

Edited by Capco

On 5/5/2019 at 4:58 AM, gavalink said:

Eliminate the AO/DO system. It's a red herring that obscures the fact that side imbalance comes from poor leadership and poor morale. Improve leadership and morale then time zones will become a non-issue.

Ridiculous.  Already been there done that, and against a lower pop then back then, disastrous and more importantly more of the new person popping into either empty towns or hellcamps.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

Also, wtf happened last night?  That's the most towns I've seen the Allies take overnight in 2+ years.  

When I signed off, Allied squad ops hitting hard and overwhelming unorganized resistance, plus near as I can tell 95% of the usual TZ3 Axis crew taking the night off, possibly some taking the campaign off in response to the AO adjustment count.

I sill think the pop neutrality stuff is not quite right, doesn't help lowpop enough for real 2:1/3:1 situations in nopop and hits overpop too hard at lower levels.

11 hours ago, sydspain said:

Watch for EWS and kill enemy trucks...Isn't that the way this game is supposed to play?

I've said this before: if every person played the game "correctly" and just sat at the map screen waiting for EWS, there'd be no one to actually set off the EWS. 

If everyone only played offense, you may never run into another player, but at least towns would be getting captured and the map would be moving.  It still wouldn't be very PvP, but at least there would be some semblance of life in the game.  

If everyone only played defense, then nothing happens.  Literally nothing.  

It's just a lot easier to stop an attack than it is to get one going, and without good AOs the gameplay is awful.  The more people focus on defense, the worse the game plays out.  The most tense moments in the game are during hotly contested AOs, not autowalking towards truck audios...

EDIT:  For the record, it's not a player problem but a game mechanic problem.  Players who stop attacks before they start are in fact playing the game well.  That's the problem:  certain game mechanics encourage this type of behavior.  

Edited by Capco

10 minutes ago, Capco said:

tz3 axis were all called up to help the Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus BlueJackets. plus we're sandbagging.

Related image

Related image  

other than that - I think it was excellent work by the old allied crew - stankyus, augetout, and was sw1 there?

Axis way underpop this morning TZ3. 

Got up at 5 am to take a look. Axis taking a beating....  One day the game will wake up with zero Axis players. Gonna be a sight.... 

Just now, shagher said:

Axis way underpop this morning TZ3. 

Got up at 5 am to take a look. Axis taking a beating....  One day the game will wake up with zero Axis players. Gonna be a sight.... 

One night of Allied TZ3 and the sky is falling for the Axis?...  Come on man lol

6 people like this

No actually ALL TZ3 I show up at we are underpop, for as long I can recall.

Which is why I was always scratching my head about the complains because it is Axis that had issues...  But... To avoid drama I will leave it at that. 

Allies best players are doing their job the last few days and they do it well.

Actually a GREAT fun to play vs the Allie elite.  Like this morning.

I think it shows that Moral and focus along with lining up talent shows in the results. Not  nerfing weapons, supplies or  ect….  Just talent and Morale. So GJ to the  Allies, keep UP with the good play, I don't mind!

S!

22 minutes ago, Capco said:

One night of Allied TZ3 and the sky is falling for the Axis?...  Come on man lol

Related image

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, shagher said:

No actually ALL TZ3 I show up at we are underpop, for as long I can recall.

Which is why I was always scratching my head about the complains because it is Axis that had issues...  But... To avoid drama I will leave it at that. 

Allies best players are doing their job the last few days and they do it well.

Actually a GREAT fun to play vs the Allie elite.  Like this morning.

I think it shows that Moral and focus along with lining up talent shows in the results. Not  nerfing weapons, supplies or  ect….  Just talent and Morale. So GJ to the  Allies, keep UP with the good play, I don't mind!

S!

S!

Do you mind if I ask what issues you are seeing on the Axis side?  I have a feeling it's the exact same stuff we are worried about over here.  

PM ME. We can talk out of channel. Use Discord.

I am always available to you guys to find ways to improve the game for both sides.

Without feeding the Drama queens or awake the dragons...

S!

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Capco said:

Catfive happened

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Catfive happened

I've been saying for a week on the Axis side when someone asks if we will win this campaign, I've been saying yes unless Catfive plays through the campaign.

I expect most still don't believe me, or you.

Fortunately there are some on the Axis side that could counter this, if they put in the time.  Don't know whether it will happen or not.

40 minutes ago, shagher said:

PM ME. We can talk out of channel. Use Discord.

I am always available to you guys to find ways to improve the game for both sides.

Without feeding the Drama queens or awake the dragons...

S!

Glad to see this.  Anytime I tried to have that kind of conversation, thread kamikazes show up to poison the interaction and get the thread deleted/locked.  They are low vile scum.

1 person likes this

It is worrying that just after a big patch like 1.36, sixth day of campaign, WBS with free weapons, announced on steam...and there were less than 20 players online on tz3

Axis euro crew had some fight in them today S!... stonney was playing like a man possessed....in our squad we have a stony and we broke his balls all day saying why couldn’t he be more like stonney lol

Edited by Jsilec

12 hours ago, sydspain said:

It is worrying that just after a big patch like 1.36, sixth day of campaign, WBS with free weapons, announced on steam...and there were less than 20 players online on tz3

TZ3 will always remain difficult to populate. or it would require more Japanese and eastern Chinese to join our server. TZ2 and TZ3 are up. That being said yes I am not sure  veterans and game owners from steam know about the WBS. Our mails may land in their spam. Could  some of you ask old squad players not showing up?

On 5/3/2019 at 0:43 AM, themouse said:

its not, not In low low pop times.....

take this morning uk time when  I  logged on...and there was a handful of allied  on...  literally  three or four of us were defending a town/ trying to slow down the enemy... ( you know your on the loosing wicket when you can here more opals  than defenders and there are planes tanks an inf about too.  but to a point we were still having fun  think it was jarny  but it could have been somewhere ellse a small town in the south though

at which point  the second ao  went on  sedan so we made the decision to leave and try  to defend it...leaving a token defence behind..iirc it was either gore or mund.. but  two ao's is not fun game-play...IF you don't have the numbers too hold one town let alone the numbers to physically guard all the cp's ina small town   ...your not going to have the numbers  to hold two and that just gets old really fast!!!

I am not sure where all these uber organised axis TZ3 attacks are coming from, because I rarely see another player on discord these days... so far for 2 hours this morning not one other guy on axis discord...... this game is not much fun as a solo past time...

S! Ian 

8 hours ago, ian77 said:

I am not sure where all these uber organised axis TZ3 attacks are coming from, because I rarely see another player on discord these days... so far for 2 hours this morning not one other guy on axis discord...... this game is not much fun as a solo past time...

S! Ian 

havent seen one since last week myself, population in low pop seems to have swung totally in the other direction....lots of axis names on the allied side  though  and a quite a few more allied players.... capped one  town this morning and i think only one axis guy responded  might  2 or 3 right at the end they did have double ews at  a town to the south but it had no ao on it...

anyhows....I never said they were organised  ;)

Edited by themouse

3 hours ago, ian77 said:

S! Ian 

I have not seen any 250h guys this map are they on a break?....last few maps it seemed every battle had an abundance of our warpy spanish amigos but no mas so far

Looked to me like the usual seal clubbers took the night off , possibly because they believe all changes to gameplay effect AXIS waaaaay more than the Allies. More fool them if they did. Cost them valuable real estate.

I'm sure this temp setback wont last long and they'll be back gloating about Superior tactics, comms,leadership, etc ad nauseum.

1 person likes this

in the past few days i've been able to play each timezone for a few hours at a time.

2100-0800 GMT hasn't been very one sided in terms of pop, but the axis do completely and utterly outplay allies.

0600-1300 on the other hand, swings either way. i can see the 0800-1100 crowd responsible for most wtf moves blamed on TZ3

and 1600-2400 GMT think the past 16 hours of fighting are TZ3...