matamor

Promising

57 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, major0noob said:

last WBS had people walking from FB's and/or getting brutally camped

the current game has a stable map, but the gameplay isn't engaging. especially to people logging in for an hour or less. most notably in tz1.

 

if you guys are going to rely on a sim/reenactor crowd, there's a history of of these genres flopping.

Man do you ever have something positive to say? Always with the negative waves 

Personally, I’m waiting out for the next campaign to step in - Ideally the WBS will help boost  numbers. 

As far as 1.36 goes, it generally sounds like a big improvement - Though TOE could also have delivered similar effects with longer movement/return timers for brigades and reduced supply, if you are willing to accept a war of movement. Like I said, it sounds like 1.36 is working well and is an improvement, I’m eager to see it in a full campaign. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no.

too much simple and stupid negatives. they've learned the ToE issue at least 3 times now but still aim directly at foot and fire.

they also ask for a positivity bubble, making the simplest issues ignored and encouraging self destructive behaviors.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptor34 said:

As far as 1.36 goes, it generally sounds like a big improvement - Though TOE could also have delivered similar effects with longer movement/return timers for brigades and reduced supply, if you are willing to accept a war of movement. Like I said, it sounds like 1.36 is working well and is an improvement, I’m eager to see it in a full campaign. 

One core objective of Town-Based Supply was eliminating - not reducing - the complete reliance on HC to be constantly active and operating as desk jockeys shuffling flags around on the map. There is no state of TOE, except for programming a game AI to handle it, that could have offered that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, major0noob said:

no.

too much simple and stupid negatives. they've learned the ToE issue at least 3 times now but still aim directly at foot and fire.

they also ask for a positivity bubble, making the simplest issues ignored and encouraging self destructive behaviors.

are you a video game therapist in real life or do you just play one here on the forums?

lighten up a bit, get yourself some self-esteem - this is a game, this is the game forum and you're still commenting - surely you must think well enough of yourself that you wouldn't endlessly play and comment on a game so full of 'stupid' and 'negatives' and wounded feet and yet - you're still here? 

we love you man. woof.

Image result for kellys heroes oddball quotes

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Chaoswzkd said:

One core objective of Town-Based Supply was eliminating - not reducing - the complete reliance on HC to be constantly active and operating as desk jockeys shuffling flags around on the map. There is no state of TOE, except for programming a game AI to handle it, that could have offered that.

I disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

149 kills in Buzancy in an hour. Lot of fun. Great show!

Benchers, are going to log an play? (of course, outside no pop-against-only-ai?)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I disagree.

It really doesn't matter at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Capco said:

It really doesn't matter at this point.  

With 0 sorties this campaign.

4 hours ago, bogol said:

Wow, tell us your secretz! 

Ok but I will have to kill you after.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaw55 said:

Matamor! What's up old comrade?

1775th RDF ftw! Long time no see shaw, nice to see you around!

Edited by matamor
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 11:19 AM, matamor said:

With 0 sorties this campaign.

 

I'm not zero sorties.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I'm not zero sorties.

That was intended to Capco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, Kilemall said:

I disagree.

In what version of TOE could the players play the game to the fullest, always having brigade supply to press attacks, always having brigade supply to spawn defenses, completely without the requirement of HC to move supply around without a ton of AI programming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I take a honest look at 1.36 now tha we've been testing it for what 2 weeks now, I'm still happy and think it's a good direction.

The battles feel a bit more dynamic, and I like that towns change hands more frequently and you have successful counter attacks. Players are already adapting by being more careful with supply, and there is less of an emphasis of banzai charging the bunker, and more emphasis on CP control.

With supply being an issue there is certainly an incentive to camp an FMS, but I've also noticed that FMS that are effectively lost get pulled much more quickly now. Similarly, you can now also take a town by NOT capping a CP. Hirson effectively fell last night from Allied push that took out most high value infantry with the CPs abd AB quickly falling when we were down to rifles.

Need some tweaks (tank numbers), bug fixes (FB flip bug, no supply selection bug, dFMS loophole), but overall I like it. In the HC were also having good discussion about strategy as what towns we need to attack and what towns need strong defense.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The air and armour numbers still seem a bit high to me - though I have not had much time in-game yet post-patch. Any comments on that? Air especially, given our relatively small numbers of pilots overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 5:33 PM, Chaoswzkd said:

One core objective of Town-Based Supply was eliminating - not reducing - the complete reliance on HC to be constantly active and operating as desk jockeys shuffling flags around on the map. There is no state of TOE, except for programming a game AI to handle it, that could have offered that.

Complete reliance being the key two words here. I think that has been done effectively and in speaking with players in-game last night, there is an overwhelmingly much larger happiness that they can access supply as they need without trying to rustle up HC officers to do that for them.

I am very much looking forward to our Welcome Back Soldier, and we should all be setting our sights on rallying up for this and getting more troops back into battle.

We'll see how supply and attrition goes once we get substantially more people coming back to the game and checking things out. At this time, we're not messing with the numbers because I'd rather have a little extra than not enough.

https://www.wwiionline.com/community-notes/community-events/16626-welcome-back-soldier-starting-may-1st

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XOOM said:

Complete reliance being the key two words here. I think that has been done effectively and in speaking with players in-game last night, there is an overwhelmingly much larger happiness that they can access supply as they need without trying to rustle up HC officers to do that for them.

I am very much looking forward to our Welcome Back Soldier, and we should all be setting our sights on rallying up for this and getting more troops back into battle.

We'll see how supply and attrition goes once we get substantially more people coming back to the game and checking things out. At this time, we're not messing with the numbers because I'd rather have a little extra than not enough.

https://www.wwiionline.com/community-notes/community-events/16626-welcome-back-soldier-starting-may-1st

Fair point regarding the supply numbers. WIth the WBS I would make it clear to all players that numbers are a work in progress and this is just to try things out. Since you know there will be a million experts who are going to be more than happy to jump to conclusions about what they see in the spawnlists.

And for those who are worried that 1.36 is somehow eliminating HC you are wrong. There is still a strong role for the organization, just that the role is different. Yes, if your concept of fun is moving around every brigade flag on the map and knowing the minutia of brigade movement rules then yes, with 1.36 you have less control (I think thats a good thing).

We have already seen the first several successful encirclements of both Axis and Allied divisions in the beta campaign so far... with the main difference being that it wasn't because HC was asleep at the switch and didn't move a flag out of danger in time. Effectively with garrisons/TBS it allows the attacking side to still talk and think strategy (as well as the defending side for that matter), while at the same time avoiding all the finger pointing and recrimination on the losing side. When the Axis had the North cutoff prior to the server reset we could only blame ourselves for not defending towns better. It was actually interesting seeing over chat things like "we just gave them Breda because we didn't spawn in" versus the usual "we lost the town because the HC officer didn't do X."

It may sound subtle, but from a gameplay and player psychology perspective this is actually a big deal since we are making a system where the player is held accountable, rather than the old system where it was easier for players to whine and make excuses (often for their own tactical failures) by using the HC as a convenient scapegoat. "If only HC had done this, things would have been different..."

Edited by aismov
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, aismov said:

It may sound subtle, but from a gameplay and player psychology perspective this is actually a big deal since we are making a system where the player is held accountable, rather than the old system where it was easier for players to whine and make excuses (often for their own tactical failures) by using the HC as a convenient scapegoat. "If only HC had done this, things would have been different..."

But wait. If we can't blame HC who should we blame? Surely HC will still guard spawns and bunkers and drive fms, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, agenda21 said:

Fix the "Mission Closed" Bug.

Yes please, for the love of all that is holy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, agenda21 said:

Fix the "Mission Closed" Bug.

Our guys are on this, as well as the FB flipping bug. Deployment scheduled for Monday if all goes well. They're testing and verifying things this weekend.

YOUR REPORTS ARE BEING PAID ATTENTION TO - AND CRS IS PROVIDING RAPID SOLUTIONS.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2019 at 1:09 PM, monsjoex said:

They did that once. But then you get conflicts between hc and pb about whether to move brigades or not to fill the supply gap.

CRS never added 50 brigades with small supply and allow players to use them at their will... This would have solve the HC problem give more power to squads, added more monetizations to the game, 

In my opinion chose the wrong path.. plus it's the same path they took before, one step backwards show a lack of creativity and knowledge of the current WW2 game scene. (warthunder just added world war mode)..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pbveteran said:

CRS never added 50 brigades with small supply and allow players to use them at their will... This would have solve the HC problem give more power to squads, added more monetizations to the game, 

In my opinion chose the wrong path.. plus it's the same path they took before, one step backwards show a lack of creativity and knowledge of the current WW2 game scene. (warthunder just added world war mode)..

Actually we've never been on this path before.   It's always been either town supply OR movable flag based supply. 

Now that the underlying work is done, more flags can be added (or removed), in-town supply #'s can be adjusted, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.