• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
matamor

Promising

57 posts in this topic

Played a few hours yesterday and saw both sides pushing strong alot of action with more ao’s i like the direction things are going just need more allied vets back to match the returned axis vets...saw ALOT of old names in my stats yesterday happy to see em even if they shot my asss off 

I had 19 fps at schilde. shot a guy looking at his map from 5 ft away. he shot/killed me and ran away. funnnn!!!!!!

41 minutes ago, MikeAZ said:

I had 19 fps at schilde. shot a guy looking at his map from 5 ft away. he shot/killed me and ran away. funnnn!!!!!!

Maybe he was a zombie

2 hours ago, MikeAZ said:

19 FPS? Geez! I get angry when I get less than 120 FPS in big battles.

UPGRADE MY FRIEND!

You can easily get 100+ FPS performance for ~$400 these days, even less probably if you go through eBay/second hand stuff. PM me and I can help ya design a system upgrade. Hell I'll walk you through the actually build process over discord if you have never done it.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:10 AM, Chaoswzkd said:

In what version of TOE could the players play the game to the fullest, always having brigade supply to press attacks, always having brigade supply to spawn defenses, completely without the requirement of HC to move supply around without a ton of AI programming?

A system that is more inclusive of players to be part time HC.  This has been on the table behind the scenes forever, particularly with the AHC squad liaison program, and a reserve officer status where the RO can pop in, make his moves, that should be pretty easy to setup, moreso then the whole 1.36 redo.

A step further, brigade moves by phone app with access to ingame chat.

Then we could have been using all that dev time to work on the pop neutrality, voice comms from Minute 1, and play org/experience aspects (the game tools, of which I don't count the backend rights part, the stuff that SLs and HCs and adhoc player leaders can use).

I don't just resent the 1.36 direction for dumbing down the strat game, I resent lost time on other more pressing matters.

5 hours ago, B2K said:

Actually we've never been on this path before.   It's always been either town supply OR movable flag based supply. 

Now that the underlying work is done, more flags can be added (or removed), in-town supply #'s can be adjusted, etc.

I do appreciate that aspect of 1.36, both the brigades in a limited sense and the flexibility to just do settings and not have to do heavy recoding- always better for game management.