Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hans1939

Regular Mini-Campaigns

3 posts in this topic

As someone who thinks the sides are pretty balanced in terms of equipment, I think the following would be very interesting:

After each campaign, there should be a mini-campaign that lasts for 1 week.

The mini-campaigns would be different in purpose that the existing campaigns. 

The purpose of the mini-campaigns would be to see how long the other side could hold out for (to a maximum of 1 week).  In other words, each campaign would have a defensive side and an offensive side.

In my opinion, the following two situations might make excellent mini-campaigns:

Operation Dynamo (On or after May 26, 1940)
Focuses on the Allied evacuation at Dunkirk.

Battle of the Bulge (On or after December 26, 1944)
Focuses on the Allied closing of the Bulge after the failed Axis offensive.

Thoughts?

2 people like this

100% agree. I posted something similar a while back. I think a big side benefit is that CRS can spend the week of the minicampaign by make radical changes to spawn, capture, and timer mechanics and see how it plays out.

EDIT: One thing that I thing is important for the mini campaign is to have major and minor victory conditions, where something like you said to hold out and maintain X towns counts as a victory. And naturally there should be a running tally of who has won the mini campaigns as well to give players incentive to compete for the win.

Edited by aismov
1 person likes this

All for it - I've got an Operation Market Garden idea for a mini-campaign as well. Hell, the reason I resubbed last year was the Siege of Lille event. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0