Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Dynamic mission target.

3 posts in this topic

One real problem I've noticed for navy (and air), but way less for ground, is not being able to change your mission target.

If I sail a DD from Helle to Kamper on a scout mission, and then allies AO Boz, I have to RTB and make a new mission out of Helle.

I should be able to just change my mission target to Boz (so I can see marks and be on comms).

That, or maybe the whole mark/comms issues needs to be reworked? (like maybe you always see any mark and can hear any comms within 1km of you)

2 people like this

I'd go one further.  Decouple the mission as the primary tactical spawn/target/order paradigm.

Instead I would go Task Forces, where all missions run by MLs in the TF are listed including any origin to any targets designated by the TF CO, runs their own channel, and keeps people together and in comms.

Also needs to be an AO/DO commander function, who gets all missions and MLs and TFs displayed on his screen so he can coordinate with everyone in on the battle.

None of this invalidates what you are asking for Delems and actually as I understand it KFS1 and Gophur intended to do this at some point, just never did. 

But the whole mission thing needs a serious looking to and we need to create more opportunities for people to stick together and stay ingame, and the whole mission hopping paradigm rips org apart constantly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0