krazydog

Please remove the HC FRU

19 posts in this topic

These HC FRUs are creating terrible gameplay.  HC guys are using them to mole secondary attacks.  Some times one guy keeps these moles going for hours and hours.  Its totally boring trying to defend these towns and you cant kill the attack.  But you are forced to stay there or allow the HC mole to get a spawn.

And to make things even worse CRS is allowing extra AOs on the map now during the beta patch.  And you can’t go for the FBs either because they flip back to the attacker when the defender liberates a town.

Just get rid of the walkable HC frus.  They are bad for gameplay - and they are still bad even if we fix the bugs I have mentioned above.

Edited by krazydog
4 people like this

U got my support,  wasn't thrilled when they announced them . But they can still mole a Town with a regular FMS . Just can't ninja walk them in and hide them as well.

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, krazydog said:

These HC FRUs are creating terrible gameplay.  HC guys are using them to mole secondary attacks.  Some times one guy keeps these moles going for hours and hours.  Its totally boring trying to defend these towns and you cant kill the attack.  But you are forced to stay there or allow the HC mole to get a soawn.

And to make things even worse CRS is allowing extra AOs on the map now during the beta patch.  And you can’t go for the FBs either because they flip back to the attacker when the defender liberates a town.

Just get rid of the walkable HC frus.  They are bad for gameplay - and they are still bad even if we fix the bugs I have mentioned above.

i agree..

My question is, is the FB flip to attacker on lib INTENTIONAL or BUG?

Infantry placed FRU is THE most powerful weapon system ever built for the game, and I'm counting the StugNuke in there too.  I think it's wonderful to provide such a powerful tool to the HCs to generate battle, neither side should be comfortable in their defenses at any time, it SHOULD be able to be offense 24/7 both sides and regardless of pop.

But AOs exist precisely to concentrate player action so we have fights not capfests.  You don't want AOs to get created over and above lowpop's ability to handle them.

Edited by Kilemall
1 person likes this

The fact that the inf MS forces players to defend stops those same players from attacking! We are in a self fulfilling loop of desperation.

@TMANare we having 2 AOs in tz3? I hope population will rise once we out of beta but initially  I fear it will be an axis rollfest. If I was axis I would ao a big town and a smaller town - allies would have to choose which town they lose.

Infantry MS  moling just makes a untenable situation even worse. 

silently placed spawn points inside perimeter defences were a bad idea the first time around, I'm not liking the sound of this rearing its head again

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

My question is, is the FB flip to attacker on lib INTENTIONAL or BUG?

Infantry placed FRU is THE most powerful weapon system ever built for the game, and I'm counting the StugNuke in there too.  I think it's wonderful to provide such a powerful tool to the HCs to generate battle, neither side should be comfortable in their defenses at any time, it SHOULD be able to be offense 24/7 both sides and regardless of pop.

But AOs exist precisely to concentrate player action so we have fights not capfests.  You don't want AOs to get created over and above lowpop's ability to handle them.

The FB flipping is a bug, a nasty bug.  I know the Rats know about it.

I notice it affects the defender mostly, right after the defender liberates a contested town all the fbs go back to the attacker - at least sometimes.

I don’t think I have seen it the other way around yet:  when the offensive fbs flip to the defenders side.  

But I haven’t played enough inthe Beta to say for sure yet.  Delems said to me it can also happen with counter AOs.   

Edited by krazydog

I have often been sapping an enemy fb, getting it down, then seeing it pop up again due to this bug after we lib the town. Very frustrating but I'm sure CRS are just as annoyed and will find the bug.

1 hour ago, catfive said:

silently placed spawn points inside perimeter defences were a bad idea the first time around, I'm not liking the sound of this rearing its head again

Yup well said. I've been and always will be very critical of the infantry FRU. For all the arguments of how it will improve gameplay by keeping battles going, there are numerous counter-arguments of how it will be abused to make everyone's life miserable.

Oh and:

20 minutes ago, jet2019 said:

I have often been sapping an enemy fb, getting it down, then seeing it pop up again due to this bug after we lib the town. Very frustrating but I'm sure CRS are just as annoyed and will find the bug.

Yup, CRS knows and is actively looking at a solution. Luckily this is what BETA is for.

I really don't understand some of the things the new Rats do. 

Bringing back things that have been tried and have been shown to be bad for the game. 

Just boggles the mind. 

2 people like this

I was one of the biggest supporters of the move away from Inf-Placed FRUs when the move was first announced.  

But today I strongly disagree.  There's more frustration now by at least an order of magnitude as a consequence of the truck-based FMS and FRU.  Nowadays, you either cap a town because the defenders are asleep, or because you have overpop in TZ3.  People like to talk about supply and attrition and all that, but you can't experience attrition when battles cannot organically sustain themselves for any considerable length of time because of the difficulty of using trucks to deploy spawns in a hot, active area.  

The game was more fun when we had more Inf-Placed FRUs.  Unfortunately, they were too available and too useful for their own good.  If anything, this HC-only Inf FRU unit needs to be available to all premium subscribers and not just HC.  

26 minutes ago, Capco said:

I was one of the biggest supporters of the move away from Inf-Placed FRUs when the move was first announced.  

But today I strongly disagree.  There's more frustration now by at least an order of magnitude as a consequence of the truck-based FMS and FRU.  Nowadays, you either cap a town because the defenders are asleep, or because you have overpop in TZ3.  People like to talk about supply and attrition and all that, but you can't experience attrition when battles cannot organically sustain themselves for any considerable length of time because of the difficulty of using trucks to deploy spawns in a hot, active area.  

The game was more fun when we had more Inf-Placed FRUs.  Unfortunately, they were too available and too useful for their own good.  If anything, this HC-only Inf FRU unit needs to be available to all premium subscribers and not just HC.  

I think we went over that at nauseum what needs to be done where a HC INF only FRU would not be needed, where a truck placed FMS's would be able to sustain an attack AO . 

All it needs is CRS to implement all the ideas that players have come up with. 

1 minute ago, dre21 said:

I think we went over that at nauseum what needs to be done where a HC INF only FRU would not be needed, where a truck placed FMS's would be able to sustain an attack AO . 

All it needs is CRS to implement all the ideas that players have come up with. 

There's a good chance they didn't even read them.  There were a lot of good ideas thrown around too.  

sounds like you had bad teamwork, leadership, ZoC, comms, and no paras...

soo much hypocrisy.

7 hours ago, Capco said:

There's a good chance they didn't even read them.  There were a lot of good ideas thrown around too.

they did everything suggested in the spawn topics except touch the spawns, till i posted a daily report of dead AO's.

Edited by major0noob

The Irony is HC is supposed to help and enable battles. All i've seen is late TZ caps and gamey features by certain HC. Literal trolls of game play.

1 person likes this