Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aismov

Where does supply come from if AB capped?

12 posts in this topic

My understanding was that if you lose the AB, all it does it shut down your ability to spawn tanks, but all the other CPs can still spawn the usual infantry/truck/ATG. Is this *always* the case and how do linked-CPs work?

Example: today there was a long fight in Hastiere, lots of back and forth. But no matter what we did, there were still SMGs, sappers, etc spawning a solid 4+ hours into the battle. The ownership was thus:

AB: axis

City: axis

Feschaux CP (axis spawnable): axis

Givet CP (axis spawnable): axis

Dinant CP: allied

Flavion CP: allied

In this situation does the supply first drain all of hastiere, and then when there is no supply left switch to the supply from the linked CP (in this case Dinant and Flavion)? If that is the case, its probably best to cap the AB last to not open up extra supply going into an otherwise exhausted town.

they could make missions out of the hast garission or dinant and flaion garissions with both fb's up as those depos are spawnables for them

my theory , timing of AB capture can be critical ...too soon on an otherwise exhausted garrison is possibly asking for trouble if opposition has links to friendly garrisons. Or at least it's a consideration, obviously situation and circumstances are so variable.

Edited by goreblimey
1 person likes this

Yeah thinking that in the situation of exhausted garrison save the AB for last otherwise the FBs go up and new supply comes from linked CPs.

Interesting trade off since you weigh the benefits of shutting down tank spawning with benefits of limiting linked CP supply.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:48 AM, aismov said:

Yeah thinking that in the situation of exhausted garrison save the AB for last otherwise the FBs go up and new supply comes from linked CPs.

Interesting trade off since you weigh the benefits of shutting down tank spawning with benefits of limiting linked CP supply.

Assuming this is all correct, in most cases no question, you want AB last- too much of a chance of the fresh MGs reversing course, retaking AB and then you are facing both local armor AND MGs.

This is tied very closely to the 'fresh list' question line I have going in another thread.

Flip side, you leave that depot up deliberately and precamp the next town over effectively since you are likely killing all their MGs in a supercamp you already have going on.  Unless a mobile division is in the area you can finish one town and prep another with little risk to your remaining attacking forces and will be able to hit the now MG depleted bordering town using both other towns not touched much by supply hits AND the new town supply you just won.

EDIT- ya rethought that one, the depot as I understand it is coming from the local garrison not the next one over, so no advantage to intentionally attriting it garrison-only.  It's only a thing if there are brigades linked to that depot or I'm wrong and it IS linked depot.  Don't think so though given that unlinked depots get supply too, you just lose armor/heavy gun spawning.

If a Rat or someone could test that, would be great.  Just have to spawn into a friendly AB town with a linked active depot after the DO ABs are gone and see which list is burning supply.

Edited by Kilemall
1 person likes this

Afaik, capping an AB does not unlock the garrison supply of nearby towns in the depots.  Although I still believe flags will function as they did.  

12 hours ago, Capco said:

Afaik, capping an AB does not unlock the garrison supply of nearby towns in the depots.  Although I still believe flags will function as they did.  

It does. Let's say you cap the city CP and then cap the AB. It will cause the FBs of the defending backline towns to open up and enable spawning in the linked CPs using the spawn pool of the backline towns. AND you canst I'll spawn from all the CPs of the home towns garrison, but can't spawn tanks u til you recap the AB.

Best to cap the AB last IMHO.

9 hours ago, aismov said:

It does. Let's say you cap the city CP and then cap the AB. It will cause the FBs of the defending backline towns to open up and enable spawning in the linked CPs using the spawn pool of the backline towns. AND you canst I'll spawn from all the CPs of the home towns garrison, but can't spawn tanks u til you recap the AB.

Best to cap the AB last IMHO.

I don't think that's right, depots with no links have still had supply with the AB gone indicating to me at least that the town brigade supply is not tied to AB state, but to total town ownership.  The flags would still work as before.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I don't think that's right, depots with no links have still had supply with the AB gone indicating to me at least that the town brigade supply is not tied to AB state, but to total town ownership.  The flags would still work as before.

Yup thats correct. If you cap the AB then the supply is still available at the CPs. The idea is that capping the AB doesn't "bounce" the "Garrison flag."

On 4/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, aismov said:

Yup thats correct. If you cap the AB then the supply is still available at the CPs. The idea is that capping the AB doesn't "bounce" the "Garrison flag."

Which means that a bunker rushing team doesn't crush the defenders and then shift to another attack/defense while mop-up occurs to linking depots- you have to fight it out all the way.  Just on this basis alone 1.36 increases battle content something like 1/3 of a battle's phases, and playing disciplined organized battle can get you the town back from the brink more often, burn attacker supply, and even if you lose the town affords a potential for a counterattack and fast resupply that can go far.

Yeah we saw that at Leuven Friday. Capped the bunker and everyone left thinking job was done. I had to do a .AXIS to get ppl to spawn back in and finish it off. Not to mention two more .AXIS for people to stay and defend the town to an Allied counter attack.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0