• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
ZEBBEEE

[BIZDEV POLL] New "career" subscriptions coming

Are you going to upgrade to one of our new "career" offer?   29 members have voted

1. 1. All Infantry Subscription: $9.99/mo USD

• I'll upgrade my F2P to this offer
    • I'll upgrade my Starter to this offer
    • I'll upgrade my second account to this offer
    • Interested but pricing too high
    • Not interested / not relevant for me
  2. 2. All Air Force Subscription: $9.99/mo USD

3. 3. All Ground Forces Subscription: $12.99/mo USD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

As you may have read from the new roadmap, in a couple of days we should be ready to release our new career-based subscription (ORGANIC ONLY). This offers a more affordable experience of WWII Online, and we hope that f2p and starter soldiers will take benefit from it, hence contribute to a population growth.

Remind that premium is at 14.99$ and remains one of the best proofs of your support to this project. 

I drop a quick poll to gather your pre-release feedbacks about the announced options:

All Infantry Subscription: $9.99/mo USD

• All infantry classes
  • Includes all Airborne & Airborne Transports
  • Includes Trucks / Haulers
  • Includes Light ATG and AA guns
  • Includes Fairmile Boat

All Air Force Subscription: $9.99/mo USD

• All fighters, bombers and airborne transports
  • Includes Airborne Infantry
  • Includes Rifleman and Trucks / Haulers
  • Includes Fairmile Boat

All Ground Forces Subscription: $12.99/mo USDAll Army Persona access

• All Infantry
  • All Tanks
  • All Guns
  • All Haulers
  • All Airborne / Transport Planes
  • Includes Fairmile Boat

Please write down more feedback bellow. 

Thanks for your participation!

S!

When y'all run the welcome back soldier promo..... you should spend 100$ on facebook ad's..... it would be well worth it

10 hours ago, kgarner said:

When y'all run the welcome back soldier promo..... you should spend 100$ on facebook ad's..... it would be well worth it

That's something for @CHIMMto consider and would be a temporary measure

Personally as a builder these options don't affect me, but a fair amount of players will likely be interested in the ground option and the air option. I think it may help out the pilots the most.

Not sure how come one would sub to these, just go 1 year for $10 bucks a month premium?

1 hour ago, delems said:

Not sure how come one would sub to these, just go 1 year for $10 bucks a month premium?

Me neither, at these prices you might as well go the full sub which is only a few bucks more. I think where you lose the most people is paying monthly for a game that isn't really going anywhere. What I mean by that is at minimum this game probably needs 500 average daily to be fully playable at all times of day, and take 1000 daily to thrive. We're still around >300 daily, often dropping below 100 every day. For me paying monthly isn't worth it because I cannot actually use most of that time paid for. If there isn't at least a few hundred players online I'm not really enjoying the fights all that much. You could call them night flips but there's many hours in the day where there's a handful of people doing nothing but working cap zones. Not my cup of tea.

Edited by knucks

Thanks for the feedbacks!

From surveys we know that the pricing is one of the top3 reasons why some don’t afford a subscription. They however have not mentioned any issue with the monthly recurring model. This is a MMO after all. 

From ingame stats we see that a large proportion of players never take a plane, and reversely that ace pilots rarely actively contribute to the ground war. 

Finally, f2p and starter accounts don’t provide a solution for those that want to enjoy a full career across all tiers. Especially for our veterans that know how to play the game.

The Combination of all these points make these offers a potentially relevant solution since we can now attract and retain part of these inactive players, hence further increasing the population. I hope you will help us spread the word :)

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, knucks said:

Me neither, at these prices you might as well go the full sub which is only a few bucks more. I think where you lose the most people is paying monthly for a game that isn't really going anywhere. What I mean by that is at minimum this game probably needs 500 average daily to be fully playable at all times of day, and take 1000 daily to thrive. We're still around >300 daily, often dropping below 100 every day. For me paying monthly isn't worth it because I cannot actually use most of that time paid for. If there isn't at least a few hundred players online I'm not really enjoying the fights all that much. You could call them night flips but there's many hours in the day where there's a handful of people doing nothing but working cap zones. Not my cup of tea.

It is important to note that players do not have access to in-game numbers, thus any claims to the contrary are not accurate.

S!

9 hours ago, augetout said:

It is important to note that players do not have access to in-game numbers, thus any claims to the contrary are not accurate.

S!

You can, just take the mission counter and add up the players. I mean it's no secret what  the population numbers are, no point in hiding it.

I like this option because I would probably upgrade my second (free) account. At least I would consider it, because I can't afford two full premium accounts. 

5 hours ago, sajuk said:

Why no Navy subscription? 

Navy only had very very little sense right now compared to air only. 1.36 provides   supplies everywhere but combats aren’t guaranteed for that branch.

A gameplay overhaul is needed first.

But meanwhile everyone can access fairmiles.

Vehicle-only packs would have the opposite issue: supplies aren’t guaranteed.

The good news from this poll is that you all keep supporting our premium offer! :)

Now if we could just extent this to the market we might have a game here!

You are missing the "OT only" subscription for $4.99 a month.  ;)

1 hour ago, jam said:

Totally agree. The Standing Committee on Standing Around in OT has submitted this concept many times over the last few  years, including the exciting possibilities of additional income for CRS from 'OT DLC Opinion' packages which would allow posters in OT more than one opinion on each topic - but we've run into the metaphorical 'wall' - some think due to the vagaries of Rule 23. 

We look forward to this being investigated by the OT Very Special Prosecutor so we can re-open negotiations directly between OT and CRS. 

3 hours ago, jam said:

Better yet, just charge for every post on forums.  (After this post, of course)

4 hours ago, jam said:

What!?

More like it should be DOUBLE the premium subscription when you consider all the excess bandwidth they consume from all the hot air that is generated on those forums.

/runs

;) 

I too agree that the price difference is not enough  between all ground forces and the full premium package.

US$2 is simply not enough of a saving, especially for your considerable amount of non US based players. Combined with exchange rates the overall cost is still too high unless you play everyday and this get maximum out of your subscription.  I work for a living + am on call.

I feel that this is a major reason behind the overall reduction in subscription services - the value for our hard earned is just not there. Retired guys for example don't have these issues and can get the maximum benefit.

what's the benefit? are we getting more players from this subscription, or is it only to please the current consumer base. I don't see any other top tier games doing this? are we the overlooked geniuses? it's only a matter of time before the world realized how great wwiiol is. Give us your money, we're worth it! -new campaign slogan. 

The idea is great.  The price difference is not enough.  

It should be more like $6.99-$7.99-$9.99 in the above example.  

Edited by Capco
1 person likes this