• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woods74

My Recommended NVIDIA GPU Settings

12 posts in this topic

Hi

I have gathered information from the Forums, chatting with fellow squadies and players ingame and then trial and error myself to come up with what I feel is the best graphics settings for me.

I play as Infantry and armoured so need the ability to have smooth graphics when looking through my sniper scope or tank gunner scope.

I have a GTX 960 so these should work good for all NVIDIA GPU.

ANZAC woodsnz

S!

Link to Steam for the images, sorry I was unable to attach them here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1711961309

Perhaps you could share how these settings improved your gameplay in terms of fps or whatever other measure?

I have this exact card, I'll be trying them out.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, choad said:

Perhaps you could share how these settings improved your gameplay in terms of fps or whatever other measure?

Hi Choad

No worries I will take note of fps once I am ingame. With the above settings it has smoothed out the "shaky" effect I was getting while zoomed in with tank site/sniper scope.

It was hard to spot ei in bushes when the bushes seemed to be moving around a lot. 

All of the buildings and structures have smooth edges close and far distance.

I have a GTX 1080 and I just changed the settings to these. I'm about to jump in game and mess around I'll let you know if I see a difference 

Edited by dfire

I'm playing now and it seems about the same. Both visual and performance. The gtx1080 is a powerhouse though so it never really had any issues with the performance aspect. The only thing I did notice though is that vehicles appear darker. I don't think I like that so I will probably revert back to the stock settings.

Edited by dfire

6 hours ago, dfire said:

I'm playing now and it seems about the same. Both visual and performance. The gtx1080 is a powerhouse though so it never really had any issues with the performance aspect. The only thing I did notice though is that vehicles appear darker. I don't think I like that so I will probably revert back to the stock settings.

Oh ok interesting. The issue I had that made me tweak the settings was when zoomed in with a sniper, atg, aa or tank gunner some of the terrain would appear to shimmer and kinda dance around a bit. It was getting frustrating because I kept thinking I was seeing stuff that wasn't there lol

Yes I am mostly sober when I play lol

But yeah, the above settings fixed that issue. The trees and bushes do move a bit but I guess that is due to wind effect?

I haven't seen that much FPS improvement, maybe some, I'll reserve judgement until I'm in a heavy town combat.

But the occasional 'shaking screen' has stopped.  That's a thing.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0