XOOM

Hybrid Supply Testimonials

21 posts in this topic

1 or 2 short sentences / impressions of Hybrid Supply.

What would you tell a returning player?

Excellent, don't change a thing i would say

Extra AO is great, glad u guys finally added that, and honestly I have seen it actually help the loe pop side a few times

Would like something next to town supply instead of just a 'yellow dot' and also would like one more division added to roam around

But all n all its great

1 person likes this

Personally I love it... killing enemy actually means something; would say fewer tanks and fix the dFMS/resupply/overstock loophole but otherwise very good!

I would tell a returning player that there are lots of new gameplay styles that you can enjoy but now actually make a difference in the battle due to supply/attrition.

2 people like this

I like the idea to get rid of soft caps and fast maps but it's too drastic. Garrison supplies should be much less and there should be a lot more than two ground divisions. The FB flipping bugs also seem to be a big problem.

Edited by mitchrapp
1 person likes this

On 4/23/2019 at 9:05 AM, mitchrapp said:

I like the idea to get rid of soft caps and fast maps but it's too drastic. Garrison supplies should be much less and there should be a lot more than two ground divisions. The FB flipping bugs also seem to be a big problem.

Forward Base flipping is going to be fixed in the next release, in testing now.

Regarding supplies, we do not want to have to little, and we do not want the move-able divisions to dominate the game world. This is what the game is currently used to because it was around for so long, but it will have a negative effect with massive cut offs and things like that - which we're intentionally trying to make more difficult.

Back to testimonials please! There are many other threads available to provide this sort of feedback.

Already seeing signs of the usual old patterns of town sequencing kicking in since 1.36 simulates the old more supply in big towns paradigm.  Hybrid supply helps with that and allows for some critical HC agency, so that aspect appears to be working out for now- this may change if overstock throws the game even more to higher pop.  The Hybrid brigades however are still not being used to their full potential, but then again neither were ToEs.

The sleeper hit IMO is the garrison supply staying up even if the ABs are bounced.  Allows for a fight to the last man and potential recoveries and/or counterattacks without being against lowpop for not having people to drive in supply or HC brigade movement.  BIG pleasant surprise win.

Lists are less painful then 'the hardest campaign' set, still a lot of untapped creativity and content potential.  The limited MGs really force thoughtful use of those assets if players can get over crutching on them.  Neither attacker nor defender can afford blowing them all in the first 20 minutes.

1 person likes this

(has anyone had an interdiction mission yet?  I haven't seen a word of it so far)

1 hour ago, Capco said:

(has anyone had an interdiction mission yet?  I haven't seen a word of it so far)

Waiting for stugIII, but thinking of doing one with an 88 this weekend.

It would be nice if there are more flags (brigades) on map for HC to move around and supply the front

Garrison supplies drain fast

3 hours ago, heilmittel said:

It would be nice if there are more flags (brigades) on map for HC to move around and supply the front

Garrison supplies drain fast

That is kind of the idea, rather than an endless game of who can swap flags in the fastest and it takes 3 days to wear the other guy down.
We can resupply now and overstock too, with out having to do the HQ dance

3 people like this

Initial impressions after a couple days of current campaign.

Negatives:

No more crazy front lines? I kind of liked some of the weird maps we had, but it will probably be more realistic than the snake-like lines. I just worry it will become like the old days where the front moves one town at a time. 

The limited supply means you may not get your weapon of choice.  

Pros:

Driving up a truck load of infantry can make the difference in a fight. Don't think there are enough lmgs, snipers, sappers etc. then drive some up.  

Playing for a high k/d can help your side. If you take out five enemy and rtb your unit you attrit the other side. 

As a player who has been here since the first Open Beta of WW2OL, I will say that this latest code patch has demonstrated a commitment on the part of CRS to do everything in their power to balance game play via lines of code. It works as advertised - apart from a few unintentional bugs which are to be expected. IMO the outcome of the current campaign and any future ones rests in numbers.  WW2OL will always award "The Win" to the side that can recruit and maintain numerical superiority over the other side. Nothing new here.  More than code, equipment, or leadership - The victory lies in numbers. No amount of code can trump that. So to CRS I say "Thank you". You have done your part. To the beleaguered Allies I say "Persevere". To the Wunderkind of the Reich I say "You might always have the numbers and the wins - but we fight on the virtual side that prevented a world of tyranny, domination, and genocide. " Stick that in your pipe and smoke it ... Square-heads :) 

6 people like this

Quick and to the point, as a casual gamer, this sucks.  No supply yesterday, no supply today.  I have to bounce around from mission to mission, town to town to find supply.  I dont play enough to understand the entire supply thing, nor do I care to.  I want to get in game, do what I do and get out.  I usually log off after a few failed attempts at getting into a good battle.

And wtf is it that I start a mission, upon death, my mission closes and I cant spawn from it?  Its happened multiple times.  Oh wait, nevermind, I dont really care.  Just let me get in a battle with decent supply to keep me interested.  Was just fine before the hybrid supply came into play.

12 minutes ago, sunsanchez said:

And wtf is it that I start a mission, upon death, my mission closes and I cant spawn from it?  Its happened multiple times.  Oh wait, nevermind, I dont really care.  Just let me get in a battle with decent supply to keep me interested.  Was just fine before the hybrid supply came into play.

Was fixed about 3 weeks ago.. As for supply, attrition is very important part of war that both sides need to consider. The waste of supply will cost towns. 

35 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Was fixed about 3 weeks ago.. As for supply, attrition is very important part of war that both sides need to consider. The waste of supply will cost towns. 

Sometimes we don't even get a chance to waste all of the supply.  If a Counter AO is immediately placed and executed properly, the defenders could outnumber the attackers and still lose the town because half of them can't spawn.  

Do you know if supply trickles in for the Allies during the grace period or not?  Because if supply is trickling in for the Germans for those 5 minutes while the Allies have to wait for that 5 minutes to expire, that's a massive advantage.  

If that's what's happening, the Axis needs a 5min delay on their trickle as well.  

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

Sometimes we don't even get a chance to waste all of the supply.  If a Counter AO is immediately placed and executed properly, the defenders could outnumber the attackers and still lose the town because half of them can't spawn.  

Do you know if supply trickles in for the Allies during the grace period or not?  Because if supply is trickling in for the Germans for those 5 minutes while the Allies have to wait for that 5 minutes to expire, that's a massive advantage.  

If that's what's happening, the Axis needs a 5min delay on their trickle as well.  

Both sides have the same trickle timer.. Only disadvantage the allies would have is if they decide to change countries, that will restart the trickle timer.

1 person likes this

Just now, SCKING said:

Both sides have the same trickle timer.. Only disadvantage the allies would have is if they decide to change countries, that will restart the trickle timer.

Phew.  Good.  That's fair then.  

1 person likes this

For the love of god, I just want to play the game, not sit around worrying about fricken trickle timers.  Its like another damn spawn delay.  This is WWII-oldage.  By the time you get around to playing, youre two years older.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:38 PM, sunsanchez said:

For the love of god, I just want to play the game, not sit around worrying about fricken trickle timers.  Its like another damn spawn delay.  This is WWII-oldage.  By the time you get around to playing, youre two years older.

It's really not too bad, the trickle timers. Without them, you can expect instant armies to start rolling and causing havoc. It's a fine balance Sanchez.