krazydog

RDP questions

7 posts in this topic

1.  Is garrison supply affected by RDP and factory damage?  Or is just the supply in the brigade flags on the map linked to RDP now?

2.  When the US army arrives on the map, is their supply linked to RDP?   They have no factories on the map, so how does that work?

US Resupplay works over 50% of the english RDP and 50% France RDP.

RDP does effect garrison resupply the same it does with moveable KG's.  

S!

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, TMAN said:

RDP does effect garrison resupply the same it does with moveable KG's.  

S!

I am still a bit confused though. I read in another thread that if your side has a white flagged surrendered town that is cut off from your factories, and the garisson of that town attacks and captures an adjacent cutoff town, then the garrison supply will still flow into that newly captured town, even though it is cut off from its factories.

If the above is true, then there  doesnt appear to be direct valid supply links between garrison supply and its factories.  So I don’t understand how RDP is linked to garrison supply either, does it affect brand new garrison supply? or just garisson resupply, or is it something else?

Can you elaborate further?

Thanks

Edited by krazydog

1 minute ago, krazydog said:

I am still a bit confused though. I read in another thread that if your side has a white flagged surrendered town that is cut off from your factories, and the garisson of that town attacks and captures an adjacent cutoff town, then the garrison supply will still flow into that newly captured town, even though it is cut off from its factories.

If the above is true, then there  doesnt appera to be direct valid supply links between garrison supply and its factories.  So I don’t understand how RDP is linked to garrison supply either.  

Can you elaborate further?

Thanks

Its a little more subtle than that. If you capture an enemy town you slowly get supply as part of just capturing a town. Now there is a bug where if you capture a town that is in a pocket it will still give you the newly captured supply. BUT after all that supply comes in you will never get resupplied again in that town. This is likely because newly captured towns don't check to see if they have a active link to the factories, but any other situation it does.

But RDP affects garrisons and brigades equally.

29 minutes ago, aismov said:

Its a little more subtle than that. If you capture an enemy town you slowly get supply as part of just capturing a town. Now there is a bug where if you capture a town that is in a pocket it will still give you the newly captured supply. BUT after all that supply comes in you will never get resupplied again in that town. This is likely because newly captured towns don't check to see if they have a active link to the factories, but any other situation it does.

But RDP affects garrisons and brigades equally.

Ah that initial garrison free supply in the cut off pocket is considered a “bug?”

That is good to hear.  Hopefully it will get fixed.

Edited by krazydog

You're talking about two different aspects to RDP/Factory Production. One being the links needed to "deliver" supply from a factory location to a town's location. The other is resupplying timers, as in when the factories are damaged they will slow the resupply time it takes for supply to show back up after being killed.

I believe the way aismov explained it is the way it currently works. I'm not sure why you'd think that would be a bug? Each town has its own Garrison supply, meaning the troops are always there and just waiting to be "activated" rather than troops that are falling back from one town to the next, like with a Brigade. So, what's happening whenever a pocket is closing is that one side just took another town within the pocket and now their side activates the newly taken town, giving them new supply. In turn, the losing side's inactive town within the pocket activates and those troops are able to be used as they aren't coming from the factories. Once they are used up, they aren't able to resupply themselves as there is no link from the factories.

This situation allows for more a "realistic" pocket capture, where there are still troops fighting within the pocket (think the battle of the bulge) and also have the ability to break out through the pocket, instead of one side just walking right through the other one's empty towns.

1 person likes this