• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
XOOM

CRS's Plan This Week

9 posts in this topic

I did not post a Friday update today pertaining to development because it's really important for people to push the "Welcome Back Soldier" awareness and also attend this Sunday's Rat Chat.

Here's what we're looking at for this week that you should know about:

1. Testing 1.36.0.2 this weekend (happening now) which should take care of a couple of big issues with 1.36 presently
    1. Weapon list bug
    2. Forward Base swapping around bug
  2. We have a goal of deploying this update on this coming Monday, but our testers first need to approve it
  3. If that goes well, we will do start the first OFFICIAL Campaign using hybrid supply, on Tuesday
  4. Welcome Back Soldier will start on May 1st officially, however un-officially, we will activate it around the same time the Campaign goes live

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you ALL for your much appreciated patience during this 1.36 Open Beta phase. As you have seen it has been very valid and worth it to get us to this point. It was crucial, and without your help as a collective community, we could not have found several issues you reported.

Our internal testing team is filled with amazing people who know our game. Their efforts helped us solve a lot of issues in advance, but when you get thousands of other people logging in to check it out and providing us feedback, that sure beats the work that about 10 guys could do. So please give those guys a hand because overall 1.36's deployment was stellar and their efforts are no short of awesome.

We now need your help to get people ready for the Campaign and welcome back soldier, right away.

So get out there and use all the comms you have in your disposal. If you want the in-game population numbers to rise, CRS needs your immediate support to get people motivated. EVERYONE COMING THROUGH THE DOOR, new - present - past, will have premium access. There's no reason not to get excited and get people engaged right away.

Once again thank you guys, S! 

2 people like this

This is good news Xoom.  There are still some bugs with this hybrid supply system, but most of them we can play through until they get fixed.

The only game-breaker bug for me personally right now  is that FB flipping bug.  It can seriously impact what towns get captured, and what towns do not get captured,  and imfluence campaign results.

And I really would not recommend going into a live campaign until you guys definately get that bug squashed first.

cheers!

Edited by krazydog
2 people like this

Yeah that's the bug I specifically marked down above that would be getting resolved. I see it has a very large issue as well so our guys have been on it.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, krazydog said:

This is good news Xoom.  There are still some bugs with this hybrid supply system, but most of them we can play through until they get fixed.

The only game-breaker bug for me personally right now  is that FB flipping bug.  It can seriously impact what towns get captured, and what towns do not get captured,  and imfluence campaign results.

And I really would not recommend going into a live campaign until you guys definately get that bug squashed first.

cheers!

Yup agree. I think its a smart moving taken care of the FB bug and the supply/mission bug since those are the only two real major ones. The rest can be fixed and have pretty minimal impact on gameplay. S!

I've never understood the urge to do WBS immediately after beta.  Plenty of 'too soon' disasters that ended up turning people off cause WBS resub moneyz NOW right after a software change.  I would think start the campaign and aim more for June 6th.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I've never understood the urge to do WBS immediately after beta.  Plenty of 'too soon' disasters that ended up turning people off cause WBS resub moneyz NOW right after a software change.  I would think start the campaign and aim more for June 6th.

Train has already left the station so we're going for it. We've been in an open beta / soft-release cycle now for a few weeks and I'd say it has proven to be very successful in providing you guys time to learn what's all in it, and for us to make some important refinements for the best experience.

So thanks for all of that and we hope you and the rest of the community can direct energy towards getting people ready to come back and participate so we can have a really outstanding month. S! 

1 person likes this

Not to mention it's actually better when everyone is trying to figure things out a bit versus players spawning in and facing veteran killing machines that know every angle and capture timer down to the decimal place. I'm not one to advocate for rushed releases, but I think we've done a healthy open beta test and the major show stoppers have been quashed both in closed and open beta.

For example back in 2018 there were a bunch of us advocating not to try to push 1.36 out for a Christmas release. I think CRS has done a solid job working out the kinks. Only thing I would do is in the yellow system MOTD in giant capital letters say that the spawn lists are still in testing and WIP subject to change. It will help head off some of the inevitable whines.

1 person likes this

On 27.4.2019 at 4:59 PM, Kilemall said:

^ This

Some ppl just can't learn from past/previous faults ...

22 hours ago, undercova said:

^ This

Some ppl just can't learn from past/previous faults ...

<Sigh>.  Now I have to rethink my position.