• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Kilemall

1.36's Biggest Two Changes......

12 posts in this topic

....isn't Town-Based Garrisons/limited ToEs.

It's the AB cap doesn't bounce the list.

It's the sleeper change, and absolutely huge.

Storming the castle known as the base is big as it shuts down big ticket items.  But the fight goes on, and just as importantly it's using the local supply, not precamping the next town over (barring rescue FMS and the occasional linking hybrid brigade).

Before, with the original base supply and then ToEs the bunker/dock was the apex of the battle, after which it was just mopping up.  It was the King's Holdout Tower to storm.

Now the Spawn Castle has to be taken as a whole, the fight continues, and the AB is more prone to being able to be retaken.

It's more like what you would expect a battalion/regiment/brigade or whatever you call our units being spread out throughout a whole town. 

The fight is not over just because the base is gone, and all those tanks will be available if one can just retake an AB.  And because the supply is mostly going to be associated with the town, you can fight it down to the last truck and AA gun and truly play for delaying action without destroying your regional supply.

I think it's huge and the real big improvement for this version.

The other one I think is going to be something of a mixed bag- the fallback/resupply tactic is back, not the .fallback variety but a prepared counterattack can let a town go and then counter and get a fresh list there, very punishing for sloppy attackers that walk off from a fresh cap.  It won't be so easy to do like it used to be done with Dr. Fallback, but it can be decisive and might have the effect of limiting moling like it did last time.

5 people like this

What about the fb flip i keep hearing about is that a feature or a bug and is it still ingame?

30 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

What about the fb flip i keep hearing about is that a feature or a bug and is it still ingame?

I keep being told that's a bug.  It would be a sea change too if it is actually a feature.

1 hour ago, Jsilec said:

Xoom said in his post today in the forums that the next patch scheduled for April 29 should hopefully fix the fb flipping bug, but its still going through some testing this weekend.

Edited by krazydog
2 people like this

I agree with @Kilemall, together with the come back of attrition. 

Just note that if the AB is captured, the remaining supplies at (frontline) depots can now still be spawned BUT the depots are no longer resupplied.

EDIT: depots ARE resupplied (throttle) but total garrison supplies are not until AB is captured

Edited by ZEBBEEE
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Jsilec said:

It's a bug.  I am told it has been a high priority to fix it, and that the fix will be part of the next patch, before the actual campaign starts. 

S!

3 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Just note that if the AB is captured, the remaining supplies at depots can still be spawned BUT the depots are no longer resupplied.

Whoa whoa whoa!

So the town supply cannot be drawn from once the now orphaned depots are drained, and they don't link to friendly towns with friendly garrisons for resupply? 

The AB cap is actually BIGGER then it was before?

5 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Just note that if the AB is captured, the remaining supplies at (frontline) depots can now still be spawned BUT the depots are no longer resupplied.

Are you saying as of the current version that this is the case.

Has this been tested?

It is hard to test specifically in a battle but I feel that those depots have still been getting supply replaced with an AB capped. Absolutely I am guessing about this. 

The Garrison depots will still get supply from the Garrison supply pool.

Garrison supply stays with the garrison even if AB is captured. Capturing the AB does only one thing... shut down tank and heavy ATG spawning. The supply does not disappear and you can spawn at all friendly depots. Recapping the AB simply gives you access to the supply that is restricted from spawning at depots.

Now, one thing I will mention that is a big thing to consider if you do want to capture the AB early, is that by doing that you open up the defenders rear FBs, which means they can spawn from both the Garrison supply AND linked CPs from the rear town. So this is a risky move... you shut down tank spawning, but you potentially give the defenders access to linked-CP supply on top of what they already have in the Garrison.

But overall I agree, I like the change to where capping the AB doesn't mean the town is doomed to fall. Much better this way.

We are still in beta and some points with developers might have been unclear to me. 

@Kilemall @goreblimey 

this is the correct answer :

if the AB is captured:

-  friendly owned frontline depots now remain usable and continue to get (throttle) supplies from the garrison supply pool.

-  rear depots have two options: either continue to take (throttle) supplies from the garrison, either receive supplies from the rear, depending which garrison the mission has been created from.

- the garrison’s total supply is however no longer increased by factories as long as the AB is not recaptured. So the depots will continue to get 20 riflemen for example, until the total remaining supplies are depleted.

I mixed resupply and throttle supply. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

We are still in beta and some points with developers might have been unclear to me. 

@Kilemall @goreblimey 

this is the correct answer :

if the AB is captured:

-  friendly owned frontline depots now remain usable and continue to get (throttle) supplies from the garrison supply pool.

-  rear depots have two options: either continue to take (throttle) supplies from the garrison, either receive supplies from the rear, depending which garrison the mission has been created from.

- the garrison’s total supply is however no longer increased by factories as long as the AB is not recaptured. So the depots will continue to get 20 riflemen for example, until the total remaining supplies are depleted.

I mixed resupply and throttle supply. 

Ok, that's good clarification.

I've still got that full cap timer/SD question on the table, most notably if either or both are either global pop ratio or local pop ratio.  I'm assuming more then 2 AOs is global pop both sides.