• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
choad

Wish AB cap was a bit more meaningful

7 posts in this topic

I like the fact that losing the AB isn't a death-blow ... i do however think it should be more meaningful than it seems to be now. 

Right now, it just removes the ability for the defender to spawn armor if the town only has a garrison flag. If it has other flags, they bounced but can be placed back in town far too quickly.

Interested in hearing some ideas on how it's value can be increased without making it the end-all.

My suggestions are 

1) Increase time it takes for a bounced flag to be redirected back into town once recapped.

2) Maybe once an AB is lost .... a 10 minute capture timer starts and it is not able to recapped in that period.

3) Maybe once you recap a lost AB ... your armor supply is not instantly there ... it trickles back in. I guess that could apply to all cp's that are capped in all sceanrios.

Regarding this, I have a few questions. When An is capped and then re-capped back by defenders:

- Does the full supply become available instantlyagain or does it come.back slowly?

- if it comes back slowly, does it comes back to the numbers left before Ab was capped or back to full?

- if back to full, with which speed? Depending on RDP status or different?

- when Ab is capped, rear FBs become open or just when the full town is capped?

Thanks.

Edited by piska250

I assume you are asking about garrisons and not movable supply (since movable supply still functions as it always did).  

1 hour ago, piska250 said:

- Does the full supply become available instantly again or does it come back slowly?

In order for a garrison to be removed from the map (and hence its supply list removed), the entire town needs to be captured.  Recapping the AB of a contested town does not change anything in regards to the garrison's supply.  

- if it comes back slowly, does it comes back to the numbers left before Ab was capped or back to full?

As said above, whenever an AB is recapped, the garrison supply doesn't change.  

- if back to full, with which speed? Depending on RDP status or different?

A garrison's resupply rate will always follow the RDP rate with one exception.*  Whenever a garrison is newly placed on the map, the garrison supply will go from zero to full in 1 hour.  This only occurs whenever towns are lost or gained in some fashion.  

*Technically, another exception would be in cases where garrisons are cut off from their factories.  

- when Ab is capped, rear FBs become open or just when the full town is capped?

I'm not 100% sure on this and I think it might be the subject of a bug that CRS is working on, but I think FBs become open after the ABs are capped.  Remember, flags still need to function as they did, so in the case of a flag getting bounced from a town you'd need the FB in order to move back in.  If FBs were not activated after capturing all the ABs, it would be impossible to move flags back into towns that get their flags bounced.  

S!

Edited by Capco

Capco pretty much said it all.

When the AB is capped it will open up the rear town FBs for the defender, and if the defender recaps the AB the FBs will close again. There is one other thing that happens: on AB capture you can spawn front linked CPs from rear line garrisons at the frontline town (you have the option of creating missions from the rearming garrison at the link CP, or the frontline garrison at the same CP).

This effectively opens up a big trade off for the attacker... You can shut down tank/ATG spawning by capping the AB early but you effectively give the defender some CTRs supply, which if say you are down to rifles may sway the battle decisively in the defenders favor who can use fresh supply from the linked CPs to spawn SMGs. It sets up some interesting what if strategic/logistical scenarios that the attackers/HC need to consider and makes the game far more multifactorial than the old model of just cap the AB as fast as possible and boot the flag.

While not a general fan of the whole direction 1.36 went in favor of in my opinion bigger wins devving some other things, I have to say this AB no-town supply end  thing is a pleasant surprise.

The only suggestion I would consider is maybe the 10-minute AB timer, otherwise this makes for a much richer situation as Aismov outlines, not to mention the permutations when brigade flags are either bounced out or are linked to supporting towns.

If you were saying once attackers cap AB then a 10 minute timer starts before you can recap, then i agree. Like aismov kinda said .... it could be a good move, could be a blunder .... but either way .... if you take it there is an added consequence (which was my primary point).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0