choad

MacOS 10.15 this fall

7 posts in this topic

This is strongly rumored to be the release that will finally end 32-bit support. Looks like we will get the first look at it in June followed by a general public release this fall. Just as a general FYI.

Oh, I thought that OS X 10.14 was the end of 32-bit.

So I can "safely" upgrade to 10.14 and still play WWIIOL? Have been holding back as you can understand from my question.

It is more than a rumor. MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) will end 32-bit app support.

i am at 10.14.3 - still ok but i get warnings that future releases will may not support certain 32bit apps.   In the 10.15 version they will not continue providing support to 32 bit apps, but 10.15 may still support existing 32 bit apps- it all depends if they will still provide existing 32 bit  libraries when it ships.  I don't know know.

15 hours ago, blakeh said:

i am at 10.14.3 - still ok but i get warnings that future releases will may not support certain 32bit apps.   In the 10.15 version they will not continue providing support to 32 bit apps, but 10.15 may still support existing 32 bit apps- it all depends if they will still provide existing 32 bit  libraries when it ships.  I don't know know.

True, there is a possibility that the app might still work if all the 64-bit library dependencies are somehow avoided. Could we actually be so lucky? And for how long?

Has anyone actually tried the 10.15 beta?  I'm on a 10-year-old "vintage" MacPro5,1 that won't be supported by 10.15 and will have to consider my options in the Fall.

I'm certainly curious as to whether, or not, the app runs under the 10.15 beta.

Hmm, I still run 10.11.6, is an iMac Retina late 2015.

No idea what going to happen.

Apple will be releasing macOS 10.15 Catalina this fall. Apple has made the decision to drop all 32-bit application support with this release, 

Well...given this, which has come to me through my tech people at my university...if CRS isn't ready...then I will try playing the game in Windows using my bootcamp setup.

This will be cumbersome and interfere with me playing regularly, as it means switching between computing environments. Currently I can get on to the game quickly when work allows and/or I am bored with work etc..

I hope CRS can make the deadline for this.

Otherwise I will be on much, much less.

That with other increasing time and financial commitments...would likely see me downgrade from Hero builder to premium.

S!