choad

MacOS 10.15 this fall

46 posts in this topic

The Catalina upgrades I've done with some other software are a little buggy in 10.14. Waiting eagerly.

Edited by gavalink

We just got the test servers back up and running  (from the move) so we have resumed testing. Things are looking good thus far. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, SCKING said:

We just got the test servers back up and running  (from the move) so we have resumed testing. Things are looking good thus far. 

Good news !!!

S!

Timeline is tough with a volunteer group.. Wish it was 6 months ago to be honest.  A good goal would be the end of the month here but we shall see.

Been a long time since I have been able to get in game.. several months....You guys anywhere near letting us Mac users back in?

20 hours ago, Stewarta said:

Been a long time since I have been able to get in game.. several months....You guys anywhere near letting us Mac users back in?

Mac users can get in (I am a Mac user and can get in).. The newest MacOS though made a change to not support 32bit applications (which this game currently is). 64bit application of this game is in final development stages and going through the testing stage. Testing is moving along well and I don’t think we are much further out but we still do not have any firm dates.

Hi, just returned to WWIIOL after a 2-year hiatus.  Bought a new iMac that is running macOS 10.15.3.  Downloaded the game but it's not working yet apparently in 64-bit.  Any status updates now we are all at home?  I just paid my monthly premium subscription and would like to use it.

thanks

It’s in beta testing. I’m in a similar position to you, and using Bootcamp until we’re good to go. 

We will be having a new beta release today or tomorrow with a few fixes so hopefully it won’t be much longer. Things are looking good.

1 person likes this

I believe 10.11.6 is 64bit.. Unfortunately I have no way to test it. You can download the 64bit beta version to see if it works. We will have a 32bit version as well but it will be phased out quickly once we know 64bit is stable.

My MacBook pro is a 2011 and won't update past high sierra and it runs the 64 bit beta just fine

The mac book I have had 10.7 lion as it's orginal OS if that helps.

I believe that 64-bit support had been provided since 2007 with the release of OS X 10.5 "Leopard".

On 2020-03-22 at 6:03 PM, dog3 said:

I believe that 64-bit support had been provided since 2007 with the release of OS X 10.5 "Leopard".

It's awesome if the 64 client works on thoses older version of OS X. I will check later if the 64-client works on an old iMac I plan to take to the summer house. It would be awesome if it does.

My game updated itself (Mac). Is the current production version the 64 bit for Mac, vs having to explicitly DL some other version?

Current version is 64bit for Mac .. yes

There is also 32 bit versions

Edited by tr6al

8 hours ago, Sparre said:

It's awesome if the 64 client works on thoses older version of OS X. I will check later if the 64-client works on an old iMac I plan to take to the summer house. It would be awesome if it does.

Note that although the OS has supported 64-bit apps since OS X 10.5, apps are also dependent on many supporting libraries which have changed since then and created incompatibilities. So an app created for OS X 10.5 may not run on a more current os version. It depends...  S!