ChFxo

Two accounts, one computer/Mac?

15 posts in this topic

~S~ 

Anyone ever had any luck running two accounts/games on the same PC/Mac?  Specifically, a Mac.

Would love to be able to tow my own AT around.

Works great on a pc .... i assume a mac as well. You just have to get used to managing sound because it can easily get quite confusing.

1 person likes this

Not sure you can with mac.... @SCKING might be able to answer.

With PC though the only limiter is your machine. In testing I've had 5 spawned in on this rig at the same time.

1 person likes this

for the mac you have to make a duplicate of the app and then you can run two accounts

1 person likes this

I run multi accounts all the time... But like others have said the ingame sound will make you go slowly insane.

Dont forget to set CPU affinity to different cores for each game instance.

1 person likes this

Sound you can control via your sound mixer, so long as you use the same sound device as you've defaulted to windows.

As to setting affinity.... Might help? Never have myself.

1 person likes this

On a Mac, duplicate the WWIIOL app.  Need to rename the second copy.    The sound for both applications can get annoying.  I think you can mute one account/Application.

Both accounts run fine as long as they have distinct names.

My iMac Info:

MacOS High Sierra

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

MAC OS:  10.13.6  (High Sierra)

Processor:  3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory:  8 GB RAM

Graphics:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

1 person likes this

Thanks everyone, great info. I’ll get into it tonight. I’ll take a look at the sound thing too as I don’t want to just dump the truck, I’m going to need to get back if for some odd reason I stay alive. ;) 

Works great with mac, I do it often.

Going to even try 3 this map.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Kyotee said:

The sound for both applications can get annoying.

in the game instance you prefer not to hear, before spawning, click prefs tab, pick sound, drag down volume slider

6 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

in the game instance you prefer not to hear, before spawning, click prefs tab, pick sound, drag down volume slider

Ah great tip

It's all about how much RAM you have. On my old iMac (2010) had I 12 GB RAM. That was enough to run 3 WWIIOL clients. When I tired 4 clients did they all CTD in circa 10 minutes from overheating.

3 clients runs very stable on an iMac. A third client is great to give your gun some infantry support.

And as you probably know already do you easily swap between the clients with cmd-Tab.

12 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I use the windows volume mixer (near the clock)
active and disable the sound of the account that I do not want to hear, even being on a mission...

On May 2, 2019 at 10:25 AM, Sparre said:

It's all about how much RAM you have. On my old iMac (2010) had I 12 GB RAM. That was enough to run 3 WWIIOL clients. When I tired 4 clients did they all CTD in circa 10 minutes from overheating.

3 clients runs very stable on an iMac. A third client is great to give your gun some infantry support.

And as you probably know already do you easily swap between the clients with cmd-Tab.

WWIIOL uses about 1.5 GB of system RAM, figure that Windows OS uses about 2.5 GB, so just multiple this by the number of accounts you are running and your available RAM.

So with 8 GB RAM you can run realistically 3; it also helps to not have more accounts than CPU cores.